Thread: Superbosses

Default Superbosses

So my chances at getting a PS3 have taken an unexpected rise due to some money coming my way. I plan to get me a nice new copy of Star Ocean 4 when i do get my console and this time around I wanna tackle the infamous Gabriel Celeste and Ethereal Queen.

That inspired this topic. All the FFX/X-2 HD naturally had me thinking about how tough the Dark Aeons an Penance must be. Apparently the Monster Arena Creations are so much nothing compared to them that you will have to grind on the one group of bosses to prepare you for the other.

And of course in FFXII I could barely beat the one Hunt in Paramina Rift...the big Wyrm. So I'd obviously be toast against Yiazmat or Omega or any of them.

Thing is though I never had much interest in fighting superbosses in FF. I play FF for story. It's different for Star Ocean.

So all that was rambling/me making excuses for the fact I'm a lousy gamer. I just wanted to know what people on here think are the toughest superbosses in the Fin-Del Fantasy series or any other JRPG you have played?

EDIT:

Hold on! I did bet a couple "superbosses" in my favorite JRPGs. They weren't very hard but they were still way tougher than the story bosses so they count.

i beat Great Joe in Xenosaga 1 and the chick who hangs out on the Kukai Foundation.

In Episode III i beat Omega-ID and Erde Kaiser Sigma. Sigma would have been a ightmare if you couldn't almost instantly destroy him with a simple combination of Blood Dancer, the accessory to reduce Ether Usage to 1 and Dark Erde Kaiser. After that you can solo him with MOMO and the real challenge is making sure you don't beat him early. Gotta finish him with a Special Attack to get max bonuses.

Episode 2 had superbosses and I'm sure they were the hardest of the lot. But that game sucks.
    Last edited by Forsaken Lover; 04-01-2014 at 09:32 PM.

Persona 3 Portable

Optional Superboss - Margaret

Party - The main character only.

Easily the hardest boss I can remember fighting in any game, certainly the hardest I've ever defeated. That was one long and grueling fight, but victory was mine in the end.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Articles
    Blog Entries

The first ones to come to mind is Ruby and Emerald, but I didn't go out of my way to look for the optional bosses in other FF titles.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I've heard the Demi-Fiend boss fight in Digital Devil Saga is one of the hardest battles in RPGs. Not only does he utilize the typical MegaTen rules like later bosses Elizabeth and Margaret, unlike them, he doesn't completely stick to a set pattern and he has a game ending move he can use whenever he feels like. Now someone did finally come up with a strategy that beats him pretty easily by cheesing the system a bit but apparently trying to beat him without said strategy requires some serious strategizing.

Honestly, pick a MegaTen super boss, any of them, still found them easy, try fighting them on hard mode.

The final boss of Star Ocean 2 without his limiter is also a serious pain in the ass whom most strategies I've read involved farming battles with the games resident super boss just to max out your levels in order to stand a chance against this asshole.

Bosses that should get more respect are the Divinegon from DQIII remakes or the Egg Dragon from Lufia 2. Beating them isn't difficult but each time you beat them, you get to choose a treasure. In order to get the rest, you have to fight them again and beat them in less turns than the last time, making getting all the treasures from them very difficult as the fight gets harder each time.

programmed by NASIR Recognized Member black orb's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Banner Design
    • Logo Design

>>> Iseria/Ethereal Queen.. What a bitch..
    >> The black orb glitters ominously... but nothing happens..

:monster:

I beat Shinryū and Omega in FFV and all of the optional bosses in FFX that we got in the original U.S. version (which was mostly Monster Arena stuff if I recall correctly). I can't think of any others offhand, but I'm sure there must have been some. I tried the Black Rabite in Seiken Densetsu 3 but I wasn't able to beat it at the time because I didn't know the main trick of not targeting it with high-level techs. One of these days I'll redo it, but unfortunately I lost the save file for it so it'll have to be after replaying the game with Duran or Angela as main character. I'll probably also try Ozma in FFIX one of these days.
    Don't delay, add The Pimp today! Don't delay, add The Pimp today!
    Fool’s Gold tlsfflast.fm (warning: album artwork may sometimes be nsfw)

Not once... as I recall.
    Jack: How do you know?

Will: It's more of a feeling really.

Jack: Well, that's not scientific. Feeling isn't knowing. Feeling is believing. If you believe it, you can't know because there's no knowing what you believe. Then again, no one should believe what they know either. Once you know anything that anything becomes unbelievable if only by virtue of the fact you now... know it. You know?

Will: No.

If Demolition Man were remade today

Huxley: What's wrong? You broke contact.
    Spartan: Contact? I didn't even touch you.
    Huxley: Don't you want to make love?
    Spartan: Is that what you call this? Why don't we just do it the old-fashioned way?
    Huxley: NO!
    Spartan: Whoa! Okay, calm down.
    Huxley: Don't tell me to calm down!
    Spartan: What's gotten into you? 'Cause it sure as hell wasn't me.
    Huxley: Physical relations in the way of intercourse are no longer acceptable John Spartan.
    Spartan: What? Why the hell not?
    Huxley: It's the law, John. And for your information, the very idea that you suggested it makes me feel personally violated.
    Spartan: Wait a minute... violated? Huxley what the hell are you accusing me of here?
    Huxley: You need to leave, John.
    Spartan: But Huxley.
    Huxley: Get out!
    Moments later Spartan is arrested for "violating" Huxley.

By the way, that's called satire. Get over it.

Gobbledygook! Recognized Member Christmas's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I am on my way to defeat the Super Bossess from Death of a Fansite. Will update.