Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Two more for the EoFF Retirement Home

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Default Two more for the EoFF Retirement Home

Del Murder was an admin elsewhere before he was an admin here. This is because, at my beloved Aiyon forums, I wanted to admin the one person I felt most right for the role that wasn't already an admin elsewhere. Someone with the right temperment, wit and a responsible nature. I also had the intention of giving him the admin experience I felt would benefit him for a future role as admin at EoFF. From those days to these ones, I feel little has changed in this. Even if he and I have often differed on some things, we agreed on far more important things (like name change policy).

I genuinely hoped that his talk of retiring on April Fools Day was actually going to lead to him saying "April Fools! I'm staying!" all along, and part of me is still holding out that because I've made that clear on regular occasions, he's just waiting a few more days to do so... it wouldn't be the first time a prank has gone beyond 1st April.

But, sadly, as far as I can tell this seems to be his legit decision. Apparently taking care of babies is some big deal worthy of all his time. Apparently that's more important than EoFF. Apparently he doesn't appreciate this place enough. Apparently my messages expressing hope that he stays, my private staff snuggles and my inevitable abuse of power are not reasons for him to stick around to help Psy keep me in check. Apparently, despite my loving nature, I should "stop calling him". Apparently he's already moved on. With this said, I hope that you can all join me in expressing how much you want to have Del Murder's babies. I am confident that while he may express his uncomfort at the idea of smurfing you all, he will secretly want to stick around just that little bit longer.

Murd's a great guy and I have on many occasions found him to be the calm persona both staff and myself need to have around. He offers good counsel to myself when it's requested or he feels it's required (either way it's always welcome). He also offered a good sense of direction for all of staff. He would even get himself involved with site discussions and try to help them as well as the forums staff, without crossing any lines. In short, he simply cared about EoFF. I hope someday I get to meet him in person, even if he has to hold up a picture of a poorly drawn smiley face over his actual face so that I don't actually find out what he looks like. I hope Miriel has created little tiny smiley faces for the babies! Anyway, I am fairly sure that I speak for the staff as a whole when I say that we'll miss him in the staff forum and that we wish he and Hannah all the best with their newly crafted minions.

While I'm at it: Shlup was an admin here before she was an admin here, and that was not my doing at all. But she's apparently somewhat shy and wants a low key departure, so I'll leave it at this: She's lovelier than the vast majority of you will ever know, and that's a shame. I look forward to hanging out with her again someday, and will make a concerted effort to do so eventually.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Got obliterated Recognized Member Shoeberto's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

#breakdownofstaffprotocol

#thisishowwetalkin2014

Articles
    Blog Entries

Del, I betrayed Psychotic for you and this is how you repay me? I was going to name the first child Matthew, the second child Mulan, third child Charlie and the fourth child Lt. Smurf. But no, you have shattered that dream. *cries*

Seriously though, I know we haven't talked much but I've grown used to seeing you with an admin rank and it's going to be weird seeing you without it. Good luck with the children, and Shlup...

Blog Entries

Shlup was my favoritest admin ever, and we risk now the loss of Fluffy Puff. I can hardly breathe.

Del Murder, I know you got plates and they are heaped with stuff. I know too Shlup was juggling mommyhood while being an awesome admin; why could you not have emulated her (we should all strive to be a little Shlup inside)?!

Changes are crazy and exciting things, but at least stepping down does not mean they are going anywhere...right?

The King's Shield The Summoner of Leviathan's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Patroclus Menoetius (Sargatanas)

Though I did not know either personally, I will miss seeing them around! Good luck with everything guys~

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

Del Murder did right by me when I needed it. I'll always appreciate that he listened.

But they ain't dead so none of this sombre bulltrout. Enjoy parenthood for a while, folks.

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.

FFXIV Character

Viadana Solacaire (Sargatanas)

It's a shame to see them leave here, but congratulations on their new adventures. It was fun.
    what kind of nation should we build? a good nation? a nation of plenty? a nation of muffled joy?

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Yeah I'm not dead or anything. This should be more of a party than a funeral.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

FFXIV Character

Viadana Solacaire (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Del Murder View Post
    Oh, we'll see about that.

ಠ_ಠ
    what kind of nation should we build? a good nation? a nation of plenty? a nation of muffled joy?

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Quote Originally Posted by Del Murder View Post
    All I can think of now is...

First 40 seconds: Relevant. But go on, keep watching after that anyway because TENG.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

I wish you all the best with you lives !!

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

They'll be back. Staff can't function without a Godfather and Shlup likes us too much.

Old school, like an old fool. Flying Mullet's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Figaro Castle

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

For Shlup

For Del

This could be Dangerous! Carl the Llama's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Legendary Hero (Sargatanas)

Del AND Shlup both leaving? Really sad to see you go guys, hope you still post and stuff, sorry to see you go :/