Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Legend of Legaia

Quote Originally Posted by Mercen-X View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NeoCracker View Post
    Noah was the one ahead the whole game up until you get to Gala's Super Arts, which is when he takes over the power crunch.
    One of the primary goals of the game is to travel to these temples and get these creatures to give you superpowers (my memory's vague). Since Vahn is your first character, he always has the most out of the three. Then Noa. Then Gala. Stats-be-damned. I think it had to do with the number of arts they had available. There were three attacks that required books and as I remember, each character learned their attacks from the same book. So Vahn would learn his first attack from the first book. Noa would learn hers while Vahn learned his second. Gala would learn his while Noa learned her second and Vahn learned his third. At least, I think that's how it went. I need to play this game again.
    The reason Noah is such a beast early on is her speed. The high speed gives her the highest amount of attacks each round. Up until your other two members gain their seventh slot, Noah is able to string together so many attacks that the others damage output just doesn't compete.

Gala, however, takes forever to get to that point due to how slow he is. However you cap out at 8 slots, so once Gala hits seven his vastly superior STR just becomes unbeatable for damage output.

Oddly he also has the best magic stat. Really, by end game, Noah is best left to healing due to her speed, as she'll always go first so long as you make sure to boost her speed a couple times. Even with all the damage up Items she still stops competing With Gala by that point.

And there were three books for each of them, and you get the books roughly the same time. Maybe a dungeon or two apart.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

I vaguely remember this game as being a game I played BEFORE Final Fantasy. Don't remember much else about it though.

Blog Entries

I actually really liked this game back in the day. The battle system actually made grinding FUN and I haven't seen anything quite like it since (Never played Xenogears). The story was....Eh? Not all that memorable, but not terrible. Noa was awesome. I remember really liking the battle music, even though it was so 90's that even the fresh prince of bel aire would cringe.

Quote Originally Posted by NeoCracker View Post
    However you cap out at 8 slots, so once Gala hits seven his vastly superior STR just becomes unbeatable for damage output.
    Oh, that must have been it. Every time the group obtained a new move slot, Vahn would always come out ahead. If that's right, then Vahn capped at 10 slots?
    Jack: How do you know?

Will: It's more of a feeling really.

Jack: Well, that's not scientific. Feeling isn't knowing. Feeling is believing. If you believe it, you can't know because there's no knowing what you believe. Then again, no one should believe what they know either. Once you know anything that anything becomes unbelievable if only by virtue of the fact you now... know it. You know?

Will: No.

If Demolition Man were remade today

Huxley: What's wrong? You broke contact.
    Spartan: Contact? I didn't even touch you.
    Huxley: Don't you want to make love?
    Spartan: Is that what you call this? Why don't we just do it the old-fashioned way?
    Huxley: NO!
    Spartan: Whoa! Okay, calm down.
    Huxley: Don't tell me to calm down!
    Spartan: What's gotten into you? 'Cause it sure as hell wasn't me.
    Huxley: Physical relations in the way of intercourse are no longer acceptable John Spartan.
    Spartan: What? Why the hell not?
    Huxley: It's the law, John. And for your information, the very idea that you suggested it makes me feel personally violated.
    Spartan: Wait a minute... violated? Huxley what the hell are you accusing me of here?
    Huxley: You need to leave, John.
    Spartan: But Huxley.
    Huxley: Get out!
    Moments later Spartan is arrested for "violating" Huxley.

By the way, that's called satire. Get over it.

I"m pretty sure they all cap out 8, possibly 9. They all have the same cap. Hence why Noah starts lagging late game.

Yeah, it's just that they gain them at different paces or at different times. Noa gets up there first. I don't think I had Gala capped out when I beat the game. So I guess if you maintain a steady pace then they end the way they're supposed to. But if you level grind, then the tables start to turn

I would imagine Gala would still be at 7 slots with spirit by end game, which is still enough to out damage Noah even with her Miracle Art unlocked.

Blog Entries

:monster: Legend of Legaia

I recently bought this game off Amazon and have been replaying it. First off, it's the FIRST RPG I ever played in my life, so I have super mushy feelings about it. Plus, the battle system is actually really fun, albeit I would like some more arts to learn but the combo option makes it better. And it has it's classic moments.

I also ended up playing the "sequel" Duel Saga but thought it was super boring.

Has anyone else played this game?

Yeah, I played it a lot when I was younger. I made the mistake of trying to catch all of the Seru and level them with each character, though. Boy did that kill the experience. ._.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

I only played the sequel on PS2 and definitely enjoyed the battle system on there.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rez09 View Post
    Yeah, I played it a lot when I was younger. I made the mistake of trying to catch all of the Seru and level them with each character, though. Boy did that kill the experience. ._.
    Yeah, I ended up pissing myself off by trying to get every character to catch every Seru, then finally realized that maybe it's so damn impossible because you just don't need everyone to have every Seru. I gave up, and have made waaay more progress.

Gobbledygook! Recognized Member Christmas's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I love this game! My favourite character is that primitive crazy lady that was brought up by a wolf that is a seru in disguise!

She should have married the main character and have crazy primitive cubs.

Blog Entries

She is a super babe

Yeah I have this game. It's been forever since I've played it though, but I loved it when I was younger. Never did beat it though.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

I should play it again. I remember there was Mist or something. Idk. I love the older games but i'm having a hard time graphic wise replaying things. I've just got so use to the new shiny stuff.