Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Sausage Roll UBERTHREAD 2k14

Default The Sausage Roll UBERTHREAD 2k14

ok guys its that time of year where we think and talk about sausage rolls.

sausage rolls are tubes of sausage meat encased in pastry and are a particularly british thing to eat (I think). they are a working-man's lunch staple. the middle classes adore them in a picnic with other finger foods cut into manageable sizes, sitting on blankets in the spring time. the upper classes don't know what they are, and fear them. that's why they live in big houses with high walls, to block out the sausage.

today, just now in fact, i had to go to the store to pick up some essentials. the guy gave me two (2) free sausage rolls!!!!

they have been under a heat lamp in the store next to the cigarettes for probably 18 hours or more. they're disgusting but satisfying. the paper bag he put them in was translucent with grease in the 4 minutes or so it took me to take them home. wonderful stuff. disgusting and awful but somehow wonderful. i am filled with joy right now.

This is the Sausage Roll Uberthread for 2014. Do you like sausage rolls? Do you hate sausage rolls? What are your favourite brands? Have you ever made your own?

SAUSAGE ROLL CHAT ONLY. NO HATERS.

Blog Entries

That sounds so Southern redneck trailer park it's ridiculous.

I'm good on that one.

Blog Entries

The only bakery good I like more than a meat pie is a sausage roll. I dont like it when they come in a plastic wrapper thing. Those tend to have a bad sausage to pastry ratio.
    Kefka's coming, look intimidating!
    Have a nice day!!

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

The true question is not "Do you like sausage rolls?" it is "Do you like sausage rolls hot or cold?" to which the answer is of course both.

Steve Steve Steve Steve Iceglow's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Sausage rolls are better heated than cold but hell yeah Sausage Rolls are a meaty lunchtime heaven!

i remember they'd microwave the ones in schoolif you asked from them hot. a limp soggy delicious treat

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

I like them better hot, not a fan of how the grease goes all congealed and ick.

Very VIP person Tech Admin Rantz's Avatar
    Articles

I've never had them but they sound yummy.

This is England
    Papa Waigo
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Site Staff

The food van that used to come to my old workplace at break time had the best sausage rolls ever. Nice flaky pastry, greasy filth soft sausage meat served hot. God damn I would kill for one right now. You better believe I got one every day.

That being said I love 'em any which way. Asda pack of 6 for £1 sheer filth rolls, straight out the fridge, at least 3 in one sitting otherwise you're left with nothing but a sense of depression.

Steve Steve Steve Steve Iceglow's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Give it a dip in some ketchup and those sheer filth rolls would be just fine right about now. In fact this talk of sausage rolls makes me want some!

It's a shame 90% of store-bought sausage rolls are pretty bad. They're still great, but bad.

smurf ginsters forever

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

I was once in Carlisle for a day and I went into Greggs to buy a sausage roll before my journey home... they didn't have a smurfing clue what a sausage roll was. The north is a smurfed up place.

wtf. you'd think carlisle would be all over the sausage roll. messed up priotirites imo

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

Wow. That must be a depressing place to live.

A Big Deal? Recognized Member Big D's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Can't beat a big, hot sausage roll. Especially one that's been spruced up with cheese and chilli.

And for the vegetarians, there's the option of spinach and ricotta filling. I'm not vegetarian, but I still go for this type of roll now and then.