Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 81213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Penny Dreadful - Join the demimonde! (spoilers about)

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Watch out, Shaibana. There's a new memelord in town.
    (SPOILER)
    image.jpeg

(SPOILER)
    image.jpeg

Not breaking faith today Shaibana's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Wolf Leonhart View Post
    Watch out, Shaibana. There's a new memelord in town.
    (SPOILER)
    image.jpeg

(SPOILER)
    image.jpeg

you can have this one :P Penny Dreadfull isnt that populair so i wont see/find any meme's of that

Blog Entries

Lilly.. the ultimate feminazi

aw snap, Vanessa has accepted the darkness.

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

It seems that not only will Sunday be the season finale, but it will be a 2 part episode so we have two hours of show on Sunday.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

That's right! CAN'T WAIT!

I'm glad that something is FINALLY happening. I love this show, but in a lot of ways, the last two seasons have been build up for Sunday's episode. Vanessa finally coming face to face with Dracula and also CHOOSING to become the embodiment of pure evil...it's about time!

Also, Victor is such a creepy ass troutstain. I feel so bad for Lily. I am actually 100% on board with everything she's been doing this season. Then Victor just tells her that he's going to make her happy again and she tells him she was never happy. And he's just all "Nope lol gonna do horrible things to you and rape ya, girl."

Please, please, Dr. Jekyll become Mr. Hyde and kill him. Or John Clare. Or Dorian. Or Lord Timothy Dalton. Or Ethan. Or Vanessa. Or best yet, Lily. Just anyone. END HIM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Blog Entries

no...no.. noooooooo!!!

ppl... there wont be a next season...
    season 3 episode 9 is the last one :l

the article said 'dont watch untill you've seen the episode' so ill be back here in 50 minutes

edit: ooh, i think ive forgotten to watch last week.. so make that 100 minutes.. or maybe tomorrow

Blog Entries

is thread is so smurfing dead unless i shake it awake once in a while.. :l

on ep 8:
    woah! the indian-guy-who's-name-i-keep-forgetting is a wolf too awesome

alright alright,. so it was always their plan to make just 3 seasons.. im sad now
    Last edited by Shaibana; 06-20-2016 at 08:11 PM.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Wow, so that was a steaming pile of trout. So many loose threads. So many missed opportunities. And the series is over.

I'm honestly kind of pissed I've invested two years and three seasons into this show. What a smurfing letdown, man.

Blog Entries

indeed, there are so many things unanswered.

this show definitly needed more!

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Lily should have destroyed Dorians painting. It would have helped her empowerment storyline and it would have been a nice twist on his literary ending.

I'm not sure why Hecate survived last season if they were gonna rush through Ethan's darkness. He gives the "our father who art in hell" speech at the dinner table and has sex with her, and she even died for him. But then the following episode we hear news of Vanessa being in trouble and he immediately reverts to 'hound of God' mode. But hey, I'm just a scorned shipper.

They introduced Jekyll and did nothing in terms of a split personality, except I think some mentions early on of being able to keep himself under control.

And maybe I just missed something, but did Dracula just fly off at the end? I might have looked away for a minute, but I don't remember anyone finishing him off.

But despite all that, if it is true that they weren't cancelled until after they started filming than I'd say they did a pretty good job making it feel like a conclusion. No crazy cliffhangers of people going off on dangerous journeys or anything like that.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

As one Reddit user said (and I really appreciate the joke) Dracula just "exited stage left".

Yeah, there are a lot of things that point to the show being cancelled early and actually not the intention at all. Like, Ethan was totally on the poontrain with Hecate, but then like two episodes later he's in love with Vanessa again? I know he always loved her, but it was an abrupt shift.

Also sad we'll never get our Mummy in Egypt adventures with Lyle.

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Seems odd they would introduce Catriona as a thanatologist and then they don't go to Egypt to find a book of the dead. It would have been a nice set up for the next season.

I'm not ready to say goodbye. Well, I suppose Titan Comics does have a set of prequel comics out.

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

It was announced on Halloween that Penny Dreadful will continue in comic form come 2017. The first issue will start off 6 months after the final episode, making this new comic series the potential season 4 that we wanted to have.

It would be great if we could get some follow up on where Dracula went. I'd like to see things like the Jekyll transformation or a trip to Egypt with Catriona.

I'm still a spurned Ethan/Hecate shipper who would love to see more of that, flashback or otherwise.

image.jpeg

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Hopefully in a flashback we'll get to see Vanessa's time with Dracula and why she went from being confident in her decision to wanting to die in one episode. Also more Catriona and Dr. Patti LuPone. And Dr. Jekyll. You know, basically all those dangling threads.

For the record--I'm not upset Vanessa died. I feel like her death was the logical conclusion of the series. I just wanted more out of the journey to get there.

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

I uh finally caught up and yeah. It was a bit disappointing how obvious it was that they'd went from a whole lotta plans to FINISH IT NOW PLZ. Hopefully the comics will fill out some of the gaps.