Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567812 ... LastLast

Thread: Penny Dreadful - Join the demimonde! (spoilers about)

Not breaking faith today Shaibana's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Fu America :l

'' this video can not be viewed from your location''

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

The creators of the show, as far as I understand it, feel like these characters have been devalued over the years because of how they're used in modern culture. The idea of the show is to bring that original fear and intrigue back that the characters were created for back when penny dreadfuls were released in the 19th century as opposed to the cheap, sensationalized fiction they are today.

The pilot was fantastic. It officially airs tonight on Showtime. I'll be watching again, this time in HD

Blog Entries

aah good, that you remind me of it by posting in this thread :P
    im going to watch it tomorrow early after GOT :3

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

If you're a Showtime subscriber, you can already watch the second episode at

http://www.showtimeanytime.com/

Just type in your cable provider info and you're good to go.

I wonder if this will be a continuing trend throughout the season?

Blog Entries

once again... FFFUUU america :l

''sorry! showtime anytime is unfortunatly not available from your location''

so even if i had it i couldnt watch it

p.s i see there are 3 episodes already? :o
    Last edited by Shaibana; 05-12-2014 at 11:28 AM.

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Where do you see that?

I only see two.

Blog Entries

i dont know, some kind of watch site..
    but anyway, i tried downloading the 1st ep, but apearently there was a virus with it :l so i threw it away..
    anyone have a good site where i can watch it?
    a site availeble to all countries!?

i cant find anything

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Shibana, are you using chrome? If so download the extension hola! You can now watch any and all videos online regardless of country.

Youtube videos, hulu videos, videos on showtimes site. etc

Blog Entries

i do use chromes yes, but ill keep that in mind for another time :P

im 15 minutes into the first episode and i am totally hooked already

thanks for the recomendation!! I find it hard to find a good credible show these days ^^

episode spoiler: (SPOILER) NOOOOOOO proteus!! i liked him
    Last edited by Shaibana; 05-13-2014 at 01:43 PM.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Episode One: Just like Shaibana, I wrote on my facebook that in the first fifteen minutes I was hooked. My god, I had no idea just how smurfing much I would grow to love this series in the less-than-an-hour timeframe of the first episode. Seriously. This show appeals to every single one of my darker interests - dark, dirty, filthy 1800's London, bats and bugs in the opening, spooky monsters, vampires that aren't totally and completely abhorrent, bones, bone-cleaning and flesh-eating beetles, crime scenes, and smurfing Egyptian hieroglyphics and mythology, insinuated Dracula and smurfing Frankenstein.

One of the things I love and I consider to be good storytelling is when a character is just thrown into a matter of circumstances by chance, and then the story opens up from there. Josh Harnett is not my favorite actor, but he's certainly not the worst. He works as a stranger in a strange land experiencing even stranger things, and we get to learn through his encounters with the peculiar situations, namely aiding an unusual gentleman and his partner in getting back his daughter. I just love circumstancial situations like the opening for this story and again, I think it makes for great storytelling.

I really, very much like Vanessa Ives. She strikes me as a female Sherlock, which is most likely what they were going for. She is Sherlock + Miss Adler without the dripping sexiness; she has an air of refinement about herself as if she is above such things. Ah, but! Ethan pulled The Lovers card, which is, I think in itself, telling. They are obviously attempting at making her seem very uninterested in attraction, and I really hope the usual crap in tv shows will not happen with them. Just once I would like to have a show where the guy and girl do not get together.

I also very much like Sir Malcolm! He is very curious and very mysterious indeed. During the entire episode I'd been trying to place his face. It's driving me crazy!

And that speech from cadaver boy about life and death! hoo boy, that was an awesome speech.
    "Plant your flag on the truth? There is only one worthy goal for scientific exploration. Piercing the tissue that separates life from death. Everything else from the deep bottom of the sea to the top of the highest mountain on the farthest planet is insignificant. Life and death. The flicker that separates one from the other, fast as a bat's wing, more beautiful than any sonnet. That is my river. There I will plant my flag."
    MALCOLM'S DAUGHTER'S NAME IS MINA OH MY GOD that is so smurfing genius aaaah I love how this is unfolding.

That smurfing doctor, HOLY trout, HE'S JUST CREATED FRANKENSTEIN aaaaaaaaah oh my god in heaven, how smurfing creepy was that. This show is amazing. Simply amazing. Now his speech makes so much more sense.

And male nudity! I swear to god I thought this show was on FX or something like that! Goodness I was wrong.

I can't watch the second episode tonight but I am aching to ;_____________; This has a very League of Extraordinary Gentlemen feel to it to me. I am loving it.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shorty View Post

MALCOLM'S DAUGHTER'S NAME IS MINA OH MY GOD that is so smurfing genius aaaah I love how this is unfolding.
    please do tell me :o why is the name Mina so special?
    at the current situation i can only guess that Mina is one of Dracula's brides in the 'origional' story?

:monster:

Quote Originally Posted by Shaibana View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Shorty View Post

please do tell me :o why is the name Mina so special?
    at the current situation i can only guess that Mina is one of Dracula's brides in the 'origional' story?
    Mina Harker - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I'll probably watch this soon.
    Don't delay, add The Pimp today! Don't delay, add The Pimp today!
    Fool’s Gold tlsfflast.fm (warning: album artwork may sometimes be nsfw)

Blog Entries

ow god stop torturing me..
    on fb i saw a 'countdown' last night.. why isnt it on the internet yet!!??
    its been 11 hours since they posted 'starts now'

:l give me the 3rd episode!

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

THIS smurfING SHOW OH MY GOD

God, it just keeps getting better and better! Another strong episode!

I love the chemistry between Mr. Malcolm and Miss Ives.

An introduction to Mr. Dorian Grey! That was interesting. I'll admit that I first had an air of skepticism as a pretty boy. I very much like that the episode was not centered around him and that we didn't even get to see much of him save for a couple of scenes. When he met Miss Ives and started speaking to her, I found myself liking him.

That. smurfing. séance. Oh my god in heaven. The acting from Vanessa Ives in that scene is second best to Heath Ledger as The Joker. It was absolutely brilliant. She became another person, other people entirely. Her facial expressions, her mannerisms. It was all perfect. It looked completely reliant upon pure acting without relying upon weird effects like they so often do for séances (and did a little toward the end). Her bony, slim face and bug eyes and how she just kept talking and talking and talking and creeped you out just by talking. It was wonderful.

I've been wondering why Vanessa is so adamant about praying like a madwoman all the time. She seems so intellectual, so sensible, so practical, so much so what I would have mistaken her for not believing in god. From that conversation of Mr. Malcolm and Mr. Fancypants about Amunet, I am coming to believe that she knows what she is and that she attempts at devoutly praying to keep the devil away? Is that it?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO PROTEUS WHAT THE smurf HAPPENED THERE He was so wonderful! His reaction to the doctor leaving the apartment left me heartbroken. When they went outside for the first time, I was completely in love with how curious he was and how he just wanted to learn and observe everything. His touching everything, his mimicks, his wanting to say every word. I think it so accurately portrayed childlike wonder and curiosity that I know I feel as an adult. I can't even think of a word to describe it. It was just lovely.

BUT WHAT THE smurf WAS smurfING GRIMA WORMTONGUE DOING RISING LIKE A PHOENIX OUT OF THE ASHES OF PROTEUS I ALMOST CRIED ;____________________________________________________;

This show speaks to me, guys. I smurfing love it.

Blog Entries

im glad there is another person so hyped about this show
    i cried too when proteus died, he was so cute like a little puppy! :3

i want that 3rd episode dammit!!