Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What RPG do you want to see an HD remake of?

:monster:

It's not just the sprite resolution that makes it look like crap. Regardless, I maintain that it would simply be impossible to do sprites in the style of FFVI's but five times larger. They're too dependent on sharp contrast, and making the sprites larger will inevitably remove the sharpness of the contrast.
    Don't delay, add The Pimp today! Don't delay, add The Pimp today!
    Fool’s Gold tlsfflast.fm (warning: album artwork may sometimes be nsfw)

Articles
    Blog Entries

I think if they did something like the PSP remakes it could work. In any event, 2D pixel games are all the rage on next gen systems and they know how to make them look great on HDTVs. I can't wait for Hotline Miami 2.

Dragon Quest VIII and Final Fantasy XII are the games I really want.

I'd be willing to see FFXII on a PS3 or PS4. In addition to making it look better, it would also (supposedly) allow them to fix the worst issue with the mechanics, which were apparently a problem with the PS2's processing capabilities. They could also take the opportunity to add in some more dialogue and content to break up the monotony of the infinite dungeon crawl. Yeah, that's not going to happen though, is it?
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by The Man View Post
    It's not just the sprite resolution that makes it look like crap. Regardless, I maintain that it would simply be impossible to do sprites in the style of FFVI's but five times larger. They're too dependent on sharp contrast, and making the sprites larger will inevitably remove the sharpness of the contrast.

It's just not the sprite resolution at all.

More on topic though: I want FF12 IZJS and SO3 on my PS3.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

This could be Dangerous! Carl the Llama's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Legendary Hero (Sargatanas)

Final Fantasy VII.

THAT'S RIGHT I SAID IT!

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Skyblade View Post
    I'd be willing to see FFXII on a PS3 or PS4. In addition to making it look better, it would also (supposedly) allow them to fix the worst issue with the mechanics, which were apparently a problem with the PS2's processing capabilities. They could also take the opportunity to add in some more dialogue and content to break up the monotony of the infinite dungeon crawl. Yeah, that's not going to happen though, is it?
    All I need is for them to allow the option for camera controls to be normal and not inverted.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Ultima IV.

Quote Originally Posted by Bolivar View Post
    All I need is for them to allow the option for camera controls to be normal and not inverted.
    I'd like for spells like Scathe, or enemy skills like Sandstorm, to not utterly break the basic functionality of the mechanics, myself.

I'd also like to see some form of difficulty besides "unblockable instant-kill attacks". But this isn't supposed to be a complaints about XII thread, sorry. I would like to see an HD version, but I would like the mechanics cleaned up (since apparently the spell problem was caused by the inability of the PS2 to handle more happening, so it locked your other abilities out while those types of abilities were in use).

That said, I'd like a 3DS version of Super Mario RPG. And the first two Paper Mario games while we're at it (I never played the first one, but Thousand Year Door was really good).

And Super Metroid. And Secret of Mana. And F-Zero. And Soul Blazer. And Illusion of Gaia. And Super Ghosts and Goblins. And Yoshi's Island. And...
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Articles

While I don't mind HD remakes of games, I would love to see Final Fantasy Tactics Advance ported to the Wii U virtual console now they are doing GBA games.

Jade Cocoon 1+2 and Dragon Warrior 7. There are probably more but I can't think of any right now.

Final Fantasy Type-0.

Forget Final Fantasy XV. I really think it's going to be another major disappointment, and I don't know that the series is going to survive another. Pull out Type-0. Rebuild it as a console release with full HD graphics, and drop that on us. It will do brilliantly. It already has the scope and depth of a full entry in the series.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Skyblade View Post
    Final Fantasy Type-0.

Forget Final Fantasy XV. I really think it's going to be another major disappointment, and I don't know that the series is going to survive another. Pull out Type-0. Rebuild it as a console release with full HD graphics, and drop that on us. It will do brilliantly. It already has the scope and depth of a full entry in the series.
    I agree. I really like the look of Type-0, but can't play it. I think it'd do swimmingly. As for FFXII, the mechanics effectively made spells fairly useless, especially towards the later stages of the game. Physical attacks that combo highly effectively made offensive magic fairly redundant. FFXII would be nice remade, but it's too recent a Final Fantasy for it to be considered.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
    .hack.
    This is one thing we can agree on, sir. This game was AWESOME.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

A Big Deal? Recognized Member Big D's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Vagrant Story. This would make me happy in so many ways.