Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: What RPG do you want to see an HD remake of?

Dark Cloud, Beyond Good & Evil (I think it was supposed to have had a HD remake but I've never seen it), Grandia, Chrono Trigger, Chrono Cross, Vagrant Story, Final Fantasy VIII, Crystalis, Alundra, Alundra 2, Ephemeral Fantasia
    Jack: How do you know?

Will: It's more of a feeling really.

Jack: Well, that's not scientific. Feeling isn't knowing. Feeling is believing. If you believe it, you can't know because there's no knowing what you believe. Then again, no one should believe what they know either. Once you know anything that anything becomes unbelievable if only by virtue of the fact you now... know it. You know?

Will: No.

If Demolition Man were remade today

Huxley: What's wrong? You broke contact.
    Spartan: Contact? I didn't even touch you.
    Huxley: Don't you want to make love?
    Spartan: Is that what you call this? Why don't we just do it the old-fashioned way?
    Huxley: NO!
    Spartan: Whoa! Okay, calm down.
    Huxley: Don't tell me to calm down!
    Spartan: What's gotten into you? 'Cause it sure as hell wasn't me.
    Huxley: Physical relations in the way of intercourse are no longer acceptable John Spartan.
    Spartan: What? Why the hell not?
    Huxley: It's the law, John. And for your information, the very idea that you suggested it makes me feel personally violated.
    Spartan: Wait a minute... violated? Huxley what the hell are you accusing me of here?
    Huxley: You need to leave, John.
    Spartan: But Huxley.
    Huxley: Get out!
    Moments later Spartan is arrested for "violating" Huxley.

By the way, that's called satire. Get over it.

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Xenogears HD. Yes, please.

Despite the fact that disc 2 was a text dump with boss fights, it's still one of the greatest RPGs of all time. Don't get me wrong, though. I still quite enjoyed the second disc.

I'd like a proper remake with a fleshed out disc 2.

Final Fantasy X HD has it going in the right direction, releasing the International Version in America and giving us 20 hours of new gameplay. I'd like to see a game like Xenogears do this, except with content that may not yet be created.

In the meantime i'm happy with reading up on the Perfect Works book

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

I would like to see everybody get the same game, rather than you being impressed by 20 hours of content and me being unimpressed by the lack of additions.

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.

merf?
    Jack: How do you know?

Will: It's more of a feeling really.

Jack: Well, that's not scientific. Feeling isn't knowing. Feeling is believing. If you believe it, you can't know because there's no knowing what you believe. Then again, no one should believe what they know either. Once you know anything that anything becomes unbelievable if only by virtue of the fact you now... know it. You know?

Will: No.

If Demolition Man were remade today

Huxley: What's wrong? You broke contact.
    Spartan: Contact? I didn't even touch you.
    Huxley: Don't you want to make love?
    Spartan: Is that what you call this? Why don't we just do it the old-fashioned way?
    Huxley: NO!
    Spartan: Whoa! Okay, calm down.
    Huxley: Don't tell me to calm down!
    Spartan: What's gotten into you? 'Cause it sure as hell wasn't me.
    Huxley: Physical relations in the way of intercourse are no longer acceptable John Spartan.
    Spartan: What? Why the hell not?
    Huxley: It's the law, John. And for your information, the very idea that you suggested it makes me feel personally violated.
    Spartan: Wait a minute... violated? Huxley what the hell are you accusing me of here?
    Huxley: You need to leave, John.
    Spartan: But Huxley.
    Huxley: Get out!
    Moments later Spartan is arrested for "violating" Huxley.

By the way, that's called satire. Get over it.

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jiro View Post
    I would like to see everybody get the same game, rather than you being impressed by 20 hours of content and me being unimpressed by the lack of additions.
    Of course.
    Bonus content for all

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Wolf Leonhart View Post

Despite the fact that disc 2 was a text dump with boss fights, it's still one of the greatest RPGs of all time. Don't get me wrong, though. I still quite enjoyed the second disc.

Yes yes yes, totally. I only played this for the first time a couple of years ago, and read about the controversy over disc 2 (was it REALLY meant to be that way, or did they run out of time/money?)...once I started to play through, it became ABUNDANTLY clear that it was not the disc they intended. I mean, they just jump you straight to the end of dungeons! No RPG in its right mind would do that.

(Then again, I always felt super weird about the four-mirror sequence in FF9...they couldn't have given us four little mini-dungeons and boss fights for two-person parties?)

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by metagloria View Post

Yes yes yes, totally. I only played this for the first time a couple of years ago, and read about the controversy over disc 2 (was it REALLY meant to be that way, or did they run out of time/money?)...
    They supposedly ran out of time. Which is understandable, considering the game is already around 60 hours, given a modicum of sidequesting. I can't imagine how long Xenogears would have been if they were allowed to create their full vision.

Quote Originally Posted by Bolivar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by metagloria View Post

Yes yes yes, totally. I only played this for the first time a couple of years ago, and read about the controversy over disc 2 (was it REALLY meant to be that way, or did they run out of time/money?)...
    They supposedly ran out of time. Which is understandable, considering the game is already around 60 hours, given a modicum of sidequesting. I can't imagine how long Xenogears would have been if they were allowed to create their full vision.
    "Supposedly". It's never been confirmed, and some game-related sources flat out deny it. But it's obviously not the product it was envisioned to be.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Most sources say it was a combination of both a lack of time and money. I also wouldn't be surprised if people were pulled from the project to work on other projects, it wasn't exactly a high priority for Square. It was Square's refusal to make it into a franchise and let the team do all the other episodes that resulted in a large chunk of them leaving the company to form Monolith Soft.

Shadow Hearts 2. Maybe 3 if they feel like it, I guess. But mostly Covenant. If only I still had a soul to bargain with.

I was going to say Shadowrun for the SNES/Sega, but we got Shadowrun returns and I still got my old 2nd edition books, chummers.

Honestly Super Mario RPG but Square Enix and Nintendo like to ride bikes made out of dicks I doubt we'll see it soon.

Police Quest and I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream come to mind though.

Gobbledygook! Recognized Member Christmas's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Chrono Trigger! I want a 3D Chrono with a 1D character!!

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Galina Astrum (Ragnarok)

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Sky. It is relatively likely at some point, it is my 2nd favourite game of all time aswell.

How about Tales of the Abyss? Symphonia and Vesperia already got remastered (the former getting yet another one next year) so why not Abyss? Given its popularity it would seem like a sensible choice.