Thread: So which Job Classes did you use the most?

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Dancing Chocobo So which Job Classes did you use the most?

Obviously because of the nature of the game and community, everyone probably dabbled in everything and may have used some job classes for the sake of their linkshells but which Job classes did you personally love using the most? Which surprised you the most?

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Paladin and Blue Mage. I was surprised at how expensive Ninja was and how much you get asked to tank.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Paladin was basically the only job I used. I unlocked others and might have used them a little, but not much by any means.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

FFXIV Character

Caedus Ulvein (Sargatanas)

I didn't stray very far from just being a Red Mage. People bitched at me all the time about using a 'trout' class, but I enjoyed playing it!

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Really? Red Mage was one of the best classes. Most of the players I respected the most were Red Mages. (Blue Mage is better though )

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

pinchpinchpinchpinchpinch ScottNUMBERS's Avatar

Despite a continuous 9 year run of this game I still have yet to play all jobs. I have never played Corsair, Puppetmaster, Summoner or Ranger.

I always try to keep my jobs to a minimum since I like to keep them well geared. At the moment I only really have two geared jobs which are Beastmaster (for solo play) and White Mage (group play). I started to gear/level White Mage somewhat reluctantly, as none of my friends really had healing jobs I was talking into it, but it grew on me and really like it now.

I do have Ninja sort of geared, but in 99 situations out of 100 it's not as good as Beastmaster for soloing and I'm doomed to forever play White Mage in groups. It's not very useful to me but Ninjas are cool.

I really loved Paladin back at the 75 era. Back when it was possible for enemies to actually damage Paladins. When the level cap raised, the job changed a lot, at some points it even became totally redundant, so I stopped gearing/leveling it and it remains at Lv86.
    Staring at my sig will not induce epileptic fits.

A themagicroundabout sig, by themagicroundabout.

FFXIV Character

Twinkle Belle (Hyperion)

I love WHM and BST too! (I only had 3 classes and those were the only 2 I used - for the same reasons) I leveled SAM but I was garbage at it haha.

My FAVORITE combo for funsies used to be WHM/BST! ^_^ Killing skellies with pugil pets and Hexa Strikes for blizzga spells when they were still worth something - best times ever!

I even used my BSt to camp the WHM pirate NM clubs! ^_^ Such a SHAME when they became obsolete.

I used to really enjoy being WHM in group situations, it can keep you quite busy! :3

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

Samurai, dancer, thief, white mage, warrior, dragoon. I like dancer and samurai the most these days, but I end up playing white mage more often because it's needed. I've leveled up all classes, except puppetmaster, corsair bard and geomancer.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?