Thread: Favorite Esper Battle

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Moogle Favorite Esper Battle

If this game had one thing going for it, it was the fact it had some incredibly memorable boss battles to get the Espers. Most of them utilized different restrictions which made them more challenging, so which Esper battle was the most memorable for you?

I think Zeromus, Chaos, Ultima, and Zodiark were the most memorable. Chaos is my personal favorite because I adored the sidequest you had to undertake to even reach him, and having the fight command lost and his use of Elemental guardians really opened up my eyes to how useful the skills in the game really were. It was one of the more challenging battles without feeling a bit cheap like Ultima and Zodiark.

Articles
    Blog Entries

My favorites were probably the ones you could stumble across by exploring without even trying like Cuchulainn and the other Z-named one in the desert caves. It made exploring so much worth it, which is what the developers intended all along.

Articles
    Blog Entries

I concur, Chaos was one of my favourites. But I did actually quite like Addramalech. His constant zombie spawning actually made for quite a good levelling location and interesting battle.

Zodiark was basically a made scramble to get him killed before he killed you, and constant black mask switching. Cuchulainn was surprisingly hard given the HP sapping.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

I never got Chaos, Zeromus, or Zodiark, I can't remember much of them actually since it's been at least six years since I've played this game. I remember Hashmal being hard mostly because The Pharos had no save points and I wa slow on health when he appeared.