Thread: So, almost finished the game after 3-4 months...

Default So, almost finished the game after 3-4 months...

Its taken me awhile but I'm close to finishing A Realm Reborn already. I am not sure if I'll make it to the final dungeon, but that doesn't matter so much as I plan to renew my subscription at the end of the year, after a few months break. I wouldn't mind leveling up a new class, but I don't know what the most interesting classes are. I'm almost a level 50 gladiator at this point, and have leveled up healer some. What is blacksmith class like?

Also, what else can you get out of the game once you've completed most of the main quest?

Local Florist Site Contributor
    Recognized Member
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mayrissa Fablestay (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Former Editor

The main quest is mostly an extended tutorial. Once you reach the level cap of 50, and finish the main quest, you begin the process of doing the max level dungeons, gearing your character up, getting the Relic Weapon for your job, then taking part in challenging 8 man group content and eventually enter The Binding Coil of Bahamut to get even more story.

There's also 2 more storylines that have been added in the latest patches that carry on where the main quest leaves off and have you further investigating the nature of the primals etc.

Beyond this there is also crafting and gathering so you can make and sell items etc.

i n v i s i b l e Tech Admin o_O's Avatar
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Humphrey Squibbles (Sargatanas)

In my opinion, the game begins after the main story ends. The best fun in the game is learning to play the different classes, and learning to play them well. Some very hard encounters await you!

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Agreed with those above. Also, the sidequests - particularly those involving Hildebrand - are far more fun than the main storyline as far as I'm concerned.

As for Blacksmith, it's pretty much a crafting job, nothing more, nothing less. And I say that as a hardcore Blacksmith! If you find crafting fun, it's for you. If you don't, it's not.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

I've been playing about six months now and I'm still improving my original job choice BLM. There's lots and lots to do still :v

Default K thanks guys.

I'm currently on, I think, a level 44 boss. Its the female monster who blows the pillars down. She's pretty hard. I've really enjoyed A Realm Reborn. Probably one of the best games I've ever played. MMORPGs are awesome. Slowly becoming my favorite genre of game.

i n v i s i b l e Tech Admin o_O's Avatar
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Humphrey Squibbles (Sargatanas)

Ah you're on Garuda. You've got a bit to go on the story yet but you're definitely on the home stretch.

What server do you play on?

Default Not totally sure...

I'm not completely sure. I've enjoyed the game for sure. It does take a little time to get used to an MMOPRG because people get impatient and stuff, but its still been really fun. Yeah, Garuda is very challenging. I don't think I'll have finished the game by the end of my 90 day subscription (120 counting the free trial), but I will renew at the end of the year so plenty of time then.