Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Features that make you love a game.

For me like, well I don't know what to call it, it's some kind of selectable conversation like Mass Effect, Skyrim and Kingdom Of Amalur Reckoning. Customizable character, import save game from the first game to the second one, open world, new game+ content, lots of things to do and buy and every decision the player made in the first game have its effect on the second the third so on. The combine of Mass Effect, The Elder Scroll, Final Fantasy and Grand Theft Auto would be awesome the best game ever. Mass Effect for its awesome gameplay and features, The Elder Scroll for its big open world, Final Fantasy for its battle system, Grand Theft Auto for lot of things to do and buy. But this is my opinion
    Last edited by DanielCLFFF13; 04-16-2014 at 02:39 AM.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Innovation.

Well, a guy can dream!
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

And what form would that take? That's even vaguer than saying you want a game that has gameplay.

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.

Recognized Member Scotty_ffgamer's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Scotty Ffgamer (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Gameplay.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Yeah, think some people have missed the plot:

Quote Originally Posted by Quin View Post
    What relatively small things have had a disproportionately large impact on your opinion of a game?
    This goes across all games on the platforms, but I like how Sony handhelds save your game state if you run out of battery power. This lets you pick up where you left off when you recharge without saving and is immensely appreciated, given the plummeting battery lives of modern handheld devices.

Quote Originally Posted by Bolivar View Post

What relatively small things have had a disproportionately large impact on your opinion of a game?
    This goes across all games on the platforms, but I like how Sony handhelds save your game state if you run out of battery power. This lets you pick up where you left off when you recharge without saving and is immensely appreciated, given the plummeting battery lives of modern handheld devices.
    Actually, that isn't the case. Sony devices go into sleep mode before they totally drain, which extends the battery life considerably. But once fully drained, your current progress is just gone (as is your date/time setting, which I find annoying). It is a nice system, I think. But, while it's a great design element, I don't want anyone to think it actually builds a save state for you or anything. It's the same as closing the top screen on your 3DS or DS, except the system does it automatically.

I used to play a game way back in the day called Sacrifice. Dunno how many of you childrens have heard of the game but two features of the game that made me love it are the replayability and the the musical cues. When a game can fluidly shift tunes based on the events unfolding, I'm very happy. When the game makes me replay it years after I beat it, I'm very happy.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

It's just gotta be fun.

That's really all I care about.

Another thing that is really awesome, when you get new weapons and armor then your sprite changes.

Yes. Also good. I like games that allow you to see how an equippable item affects your image. If it's large enough to be obvious, it should affect your avatar. I don't care about rings or necklaces or shoelaces, but my boots, gloves, pauldrons, and belts should affect how I look.
    Jack: How do you know?

Will: It's more of a feeling really.

Jack: Well, that's not scientific. Feeling isn't knowing. Feeling is believing. If you believe it, you can't know because there's no knowing what you believe. Then again, no one should believe what they know either. Once you know anything that anything becomes unbelievable if only by virtue of the fact you now... know it. You know?

Will: No.

If Demolition Man were remade today

Huxley: What's wrong? You broke contact.
    Spartan: Contact? I didn't even touch you.
    Huxley: Don't you want to make love?
    Spartan: Is that what you call this? Why don't we just do it the old-fashioned way?
    Huxley: NO!
    Spartan: Whoa! Okay, calm down.
    Huxley: Don't tell me to calm down!
    Spartan: What's gotten into you? 'Cause it sure as hell wasn't me.
    Huxley: Physical relations in the way of intercourse are no longer acceptable John Spartan.
    Spartan: What? Why the hell not?
    Huxley: It's the law, John. And for your information, the very idea that you suggested it makes me feel personally violated.
    Spartan: Wait a minute... violated? Huxley what the hell are you accusing me of here?
    Huxley: You need to leave, John.
    Spartan: But Huxley.
    Huxley: Get out!
    Moments later Spartan is arrested for "violating" Huxley.

By the way, that's called satire. Get over it.

FFVII did something like that with weapons. That was why you couldn't toss the Buster Sword or Gatling Gun: because it would necessitate changing Barrett and Cloud's overworld sprites.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

How about the old days of knowing a characters element by the color of their clothes?

Articles
    Blog Entries

Alternate costumes in fighting and wrestling games. God do I miss alternate costumes in wrestling games. Why are there four Mick Foleys!?

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

Quote Originally Posted by Skyblade View Post

Actually, that isn't the case. Sony devices go into sleep mode before they totally drain, which extends the battery life considerably. But once fully drained, your current progress is just gone (as is your date/time setting, which I find annoying). It is a nice system, I think. But, while it's a great design element, I don't want anyone to think it actually builds a save state for you or anything. It's the same as closing the top screen on your 3DS or DS, except the system does it automatically.
    How do you smurfing turn the PSP off?​ I still can't figure this out.

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.

Quote Originally Posted by Jiro View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyblade View Post

How do you smurfing turn the PSP off?​ I still can't figure this out.
    There's a power slider on the right. Hold it up for several seconds, and it will fully power off instead of going to sleep.

Which frelling sucks, because I have done that accidentally while working Arcade Battle Chains in the Dissidia demo.

You can also pull the battery.