Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678

Thread: Star Trek Megathread: Everyone Get In It's Time to Boldly Go

I was a TNG fan, and of some of the TOS episodes. I didn't care much for DS9 or Voyager. "City on the Edge of Forever" was probably the height of TOS. TNG had quite a few good ones, like the Borg ones, or "The Inner Light" which was well done.

If you're going to watch TNG, the first 3 seasons struggled a little to get consistently good. It felt like they were trying to figure out what worked and what didn't, with some of the Gene Roddenberry obsession with space babes and sex in there.

I'm really not happy with most of the movies. TNG ones I mean. Picard went from a logical diplomat into a thrill-seeking rebel from the TV to the movies. It didn't make a lot of sense.
    I need to get a real signature. Please let me know if you're into this sort of this and willing to help for the price of say, on the house.

Quote Originally Posted by Nate View Post
    I'm really not happy with most of the movies. TNG ones I mean. Picard went from a logical diplomat into a thrill-seeking rebel from the TV to the movies. It didn't make a lot of sense.
    Hollywood isn't very subtle. I notice that there are a lot more explosions (and bigger explosions) in the TNG movies than in the show by and large.

TOS is excellent and I consider it bad form to say anything negative about it.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

I need to rewatch them all. I haven't seen most of them since I was a child and I have a rose tinted view. My mom is kinda a trekkie..... okay more than kinda. She's been so since TOS so I grew up with it.

I enjoy the new new movies? Zachary Quinto plays a great spock.