Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Default FF Tactics - an HBO original series

I have just finished reading A Game of Thrones (just the first book) and I really loved it. One of the reasons for that is how the general plot and themes reminded me of some of Yasumi Matsuno's titles like Tactics Ogre (seriously, they've gone full circle - this game now has NPCs with randomly assigned names like Eddard and Arya) and Final Fantasy Tactics (probably because both are based on the War of the Roses).

So, the point of this thread. I know there's a TV series which is... relatively popular, I guess? I haven't seen it yet because I have this annoying habit of having to read the entire source material before I see the adaptation. But I still know something about it.

Now, try to imagine what it would be like if they decided to adapt FFT in a similar way. What would you want to see in it? What do you think you'd see in it, whether you like it or not? I think they would have to expand on certain character relations, just so that they can present their viewers with sex and nudity. Like, I'd be severely disappointed if they didn't take the opportunity to make Dycedarg and Duke Larg romantically (or at least sexually) involved with each other. The battles would probably be pretty gruesome, too.

Just one last plea: please put spoiler tags for A Song of Ice and Fire spoilers. It would be ideal of you could note which book(s) the spoiler pertains to, so that people who have read only up to a certain point can tread safely

I thought FFT would make an excellent movie series/trilogy. They don't need to add smut to make it better - because that's not what FFT was about. I'm sure Ovelia and Delita had intimate moments, but that was for them to know and not for us to worry about XD But yeah, FFT seriously would be an awesome epic tale of loyalty and betrayal and magic!!

Huh.. I can definitely see the correlation. And that would sadly probably be the only FFT related thing I'd like as I had not liked the first two games. Need to still try Tactics Advance 2. But sadly I also did not like what I played of Tactics Ogre. But I think it was because it was too similar to FFT, and for me, that was not a good thing to be related to. But the story definitely had that political intrigue that GoT does so well