Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What is your least favorite thing about FFIV?

Krankzinnigheid ligt dich Colonel Angus's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Quote Originally Posted by Sephex View Post
    I always felt the dark elf thing was kind of out of place and they could have done something else involving the main villains to move that part of the game along.
    I think they just did that as an homage to Astos. I swear, if nobody ever heard of the Japanese/real FFII & FFIII, this game could've been a direct sequal to FFI. From having Cecil get the "upgrade" job @ "Mt. Ordeals" to the Astos reference they borrowed a lot from it.

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Angus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sephex View Post
    I always felt the dark elf thing was kind of out of place and they could have done something else involving the main villains to move that part of the game along.
    I think they just did that as an homage to Astos. I swear, if nobody ever heard of the Japanese/real FFII & FFIII, this game could've been a direct sequal to FFI. From having Cecil get the "upgrade" job @ "Mt. Ordeals" to the Astos reference they borrowed a lot from it.
    I caught that it was probably a nod to that, and when this game was new I can see why they would do that. I just think that part hasn't aged too well.