Thread: So... anyone here ever taken on and beaten Absolute Virtue?

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Dancing Chocobo So... anyone here ever taken on and beaten Absolute Virtue?

Probably one of the most notorious monsters in FFXI if not MMOs themselves. So I'm curious to know if any EoFFers tried to tackle this superboss?

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Never. I have beaten the precursor bosses (jailers) many times but never took on AV himself.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

pinchpinchpinchpinchpinch ScottNUMBERS's Avatar

I did when they raised the level cap. You could probably beat it with a group of 6 or possibly less now.
    Staring at my sig will not induce epileptic fits.

A themagicroundabout sig, by themagicroundabout.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

I didn't even have a proper endgame group at 75 cap, so I never even attempted it while there still was a really big challenge in doing it. After they raised the level cap to 80 and then 85, it was still "pretty hard", but the rewards weren't as extremely good anymore (but still competitive to certain new 75+ items in certain slots), I didn't feel like trying to get my hands on it, or spend the time on building a group to do it, even if I could probably have done it with the gear I had.

Now, at level 99 with item levels up to 119, the fight is most likely a joke and I have a feeling I could probably do it with 2-3 people without much difficulty, however, most items are completely obsoleted now, so I'll probably just do it whenever i feel like getting the "accomplishment", however much accomplishment is left in doing it.

I haven't checked, but I am pretty sure the fight could be done with a blue mage (stuns, heals and damage), dancer (heals, buffs and damage) and samurai (damage, damage and more damage).

I might be biased (dnc is one of the jobs i play the most), but dancer is just extremely good at not dying when dealing with enemies that aren't extremely much higher level than you are.

-edit-
    now that I think about it, white mage might be required because of some dealie where you need to prevent it from using certain specials, and white mage might be what's used to lock the "completely restore all hp" special skill. I'm actually not entirely sure about how this works.
    Last edited by Mirage; 04-15-2014 at 01:31 AM.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?