Thread: New SaGa and Mana Game in development

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Moogle New SaGa and Mana Game in development

To celebrate the 25th anniversary for both franchises, SE is making new entries for both of them.

Square Enix Developer Teases The Next Mana And SaGa Games - Siliconera

The 10th Production Division of SE (their Mobile Unit) has been tasked with helping out in both games development now that they have finished working on Rise of Mana. While some fans may conclude they will be a mobile games due to the mobile divisions involvement,
    Masaru Oyamada, the producer for Rise of Mana had discussed in an earlier interview that he wanted to make Seiken Denetsu 5 and wanted it to be a retail game instead of mobile. So perhaps we may end seeing something more interesting coming out of this news.

Prinny God Recognized Member Endless's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

And then there is Death

Quote Originally Posted by Endless View Post
    If Square releases another SaGa title, King, the maker of Candy Crush Saga is going to be pissed. Making it a mobile game is only going to make things worse. And there's nothing they can do about it, because Square has pre-existing trademarks for the SaGa games. This is great news just on that front.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

programmed by NASIR Recognized Member black orb's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Banner Design
    • Logo Design

>>> Better than nothing..
    >> The black orb glitters ominously... but nothing happens..

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post
    Masaru Oyamada, the producer for Rise of Mana had discussed in an earlier interview that he wanted to make Seiken Denetsu 5 and wanted it to be a retail game instead of mobile. So perhaps we may end seeing something more interesting coming out of this news.
    This is interesting, especially seeing as Bravely Default has sold so well that Square says they're taking another look at RPGs.

“We will be doing our best to stay true to all your memories from the Super Famicom and PlayStation era, for those of you who are saying ‘I want to play Romancing SaGa 4’ or ‘I want to play Seiken Densetsu 5!’ but that’s all I can say for now.
    Well, I'm down for a Romancing SaGa 4 - at least it isn't another Unlimited SaGa. In all honesty, though, I think I'd rather see a new SaGa game that wasn't tethered to an older branch of the series. As I recall, all three of the RS games were primarily human focused, and I think that the multiple races featured in the original SaGa trilogy and Frontier provided awesome additions to the series.