Thread: Rinoa’s Wishing Star Limit Break

Default Rinoa’s Wishing Star Limit Break

I was wondering if there were a way to guarantee the occurrence this limit break. Or at least to increase the chance of it activating. Last time I played this game, I had Rinoa only learn this limit break and no others. But that didn’t seem to help. I kept getting Angelo Cannon instead. Is there anything else that I could do? I would appreciate any answers. Thanks.

Articles
    Blog Entries

If you have Aura and very low HP, you're guaranteed to get it.

Not learning Limit Breaks only helps with getting the "weaker" Limit Breaks more often. If you don't learn Angelo Strike, anytime Rinoa WOULD'VE used Angel Strike, she uses Angelo Cannon instead. If you don't learn Wishing Star, Invincible Moon takes its place. Likewise with Invincible Moon and Angelo Strike.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Yes, you have to manipulate her Crisis Level. Basically the Desperation Attacks get more powerful or use their stronger abilities when your character's life is in peril. This can be manipulated by a couple of factors such as making sure the character you want to use has low HP that is less than 30% of their full HP, other party members have to be dead, and having the character you use afflicted with various status elements like Slow, Blind, Gradual Petrify, Poison, or Doom will raise the characters Crisis Level to tier 4. It is still possible to reach it without doing all this but the chances are increased with each element you have. For instance doing everything listed above guarantees it nearly 100% of the time, but if you are only at semi-low health, there is a 3% chance of it your Limit Break status being the Crisis Level 4 variant.

Course the easiest way it to simply have low health (again less than 30% of the characters health) and have the Aura spell cast on them as well, as it will almost guarantee the character will reach Crisis Level 4. At Crisis Level 4, Rinoa uses Wishing Star almost exclusively so if you want to guarantee it, you need to do one of the two things suggested.