Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: the help-Shaibana-through-this-game-thread

One Hundred Chimneys Recognized Member Tavrobel's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

You could be living better by not wasting turns or trading poorly.

Not breaking faith today Shaibana's Avatar
    Blog Entries

i dont trade at all actually :3
    well not everyone is so pro that they got everything figured out :l

its funny how my first encounter with Seymour went better then any other encounter after that :l

i grinded some, and managed to get 2 ability speers (and get cura :P)
    but still no succes :P if i keep doing this then sooner or later ill overpower him xD

and i have encountered parties with 2 flamthrowers, so they are not gone

Blog Entries

holy crackemoly!
    i defeated him!... oooooo wow!!
    it was al going very well untill 1 character got shattered.
    i summoned Bahamut and he did some damage at seymour with his overdrive.
    after that i was a little desperate becaus Yuna got a flare and left me with 300 hp,
    i was spretty sure i was screwed since seymour had near 8500 hp left..

so as a last stand i summoned Shiva, sich suprisingly overkilled him with 9999 HP damage!!

Muhahaha do i feel mighty now..

please stay tuned till my next problem xD

p.s stone ward did not do any good for Auron

Articles
    Blog Entries

I remember my Lulu having flare when I fought Seymour here...

Congratulations Shai!

Blog Entries

im close to having flare, but at this moment i am around 7 ability spears short (for the whole party), so ill have to grind those.

Aaaaaaaaaand im stuck again.. at seymour... again..
    somehow i can not find Bio for Lulu :o

Seymour flux ..
    please tell me what to do D:

Articles
    Blog Entries

Seymour Flux is arguably the hardest storyline boss in the game next to the final boss. Here's a couple of tips that might help you:

- If you use Bio or a Poison Fang against him, he will be poisoned and take 1400 damage per turn. You can even cast Haste on him thereafter so he takes more damage. Since he and Mortibody can only alternate turns, this doesn't actually speed him up.
    - When Mortibody casts Dispel on your party, Seymour's next attack will be Cross Cleave, a devastating group attack. Quickly bring in your tankiest party members and defend with them to halve the damage. You can also put your party in Protect and use Silence against Mortibody to prevent Dispel altogether.
    - Once Seymour starts throwing out the Total Annihilations, use Shell. It halves the damage and with an attack as powerful as this, you really want to do that.
    - Buy Holy Waters. They cure Zombie. You will want some more of them for later, too.

If all else fails, go back to the Calm Lands and do some sidequesting. There's a cave underneath the bridge inbetween Calm Lands and Mount Gagazet where you can do a quest. Also, you can start capturing fiends for the Monster Arena. Or do some chocobo minigames. Or go to Remiem Temple.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Shaibana View Post
    Seymour flux ..
    Ability Distill more stuff.

Spam Aeon Overdrives. Cast Bio on Seymour and Protect on yourself when you get the chance. You can also grind mobs before the area. If you made it to Seymour this time, then the regular mobs should not have been an issue, unlike the Highbridge (and if the Gagazet encounters were hard, then it's completely your fault for skipping through the Calm Lands).

Total Annihilation does about 4500 damage to every member with no damage reduction. If you (somehow) have more HP than that, you can tank the whole thing. Cross Cleave does 2500 to everyone without reduction on a bad day.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tavrobel View Post
    Seymour flux ..
    Ability Distill more stuff.

Spam Aeon Overdrives. Cast Bio on Seymour and Protect on yourself when you get the chance. You can also grind mobs before the area. If you made it to Seymour this time, then the regular mobs should not have been an issue, unlike the Highbridge (and if the Gagazet encounters were hard, then it's completely your fault for skipping through the Calm Lands).

Total Annihilation does about 4500 damage to every member with no damage reduction. If you (somehow) have more HP than that, you can tank the whole thing. Cross Cleave does 2500 to everyone without reduction on a bad day.
    calmlands were ok, not much trouble.
    ive been looking in the speargrid for Lulu´s Bio, but i can seem to find it anywhere :S ill check again

Articles
    Blog Entries

You're using the Standard Sphere Grid? If so, then this map should help. Pretty much, go north of where Lulu earns the -ra spells. You should see it.

Standard Map

It is pretty huge, so I'll give you the link to it as well: Bar2aYunie - Final Fantasy X - Standard Sphere Grid

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

ive been looking in the speargrid for Lulu´s Bio, but i can seem to find it anywhere :S ill check again
    It's directly above the tier 2 Black Magic spells in the bottom right of the grid. It's removed from the main path by 2 nodes.

Alternatively, if you don't know where the tier 2 spells are, scroll all the way to the bottom right corner of the grid, and you should see Doublecast. Go left, left, and then up, and you should see the tier 2 spells and Bio. You can Steal Poison Fangs from bee enemies (Nebiros) in the Calm Lands, which have perfect accuracy, but only Poison for a set number of turns.

If you have the tier 3 spells, you went too far. You must backtrack (you can travel backwards on the grid 4 spaces per level).

Articles

Using this as a frame of reference, follow Lulu's path until you reach the 3rd large sphere. In this third spehere it breaks off into two sections at the end of it. The path leading to the 4th sphere, and a path leading down towards Level 3 locks. Bio Is just before these locks.

Blog Entries

that is very helpfull, thanks