Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: the help-Shaibana-through-this-game-thread

If you need Ability spheres, have a character use the Distill, then summon an Aeon. The game doesn't care how you kill it, just kill it. Summon a replacement if it dies, use an Overdrive if you want. Save spheres are right next to you. Shiva has nice self-heals with Blizzara, but even Valefor should be able to toast one before getting wiped out.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

I only meant in comparison to say Bikanel or the Calm Lands, the surrounding parts of the plot. Plus all those Mega Phoenix drops :v

Not breaking faith today Shaibana's Avatar
    Blog Entries

alright ppl, thanks for all the help!
    i have been grinding a little, wich i somehow managed ^^.
    with alot of Haste, Slow, Power Breaks, and 'Speed break' i manage to outlive the machina on the bridge!
    but i have still not encountered a team with a flamthrower, i think they are simply not there anymore.

after that i tried another turn to defeat Seymour but that failed.
    i know i should have Rikku on my team becaus of her Al-Bhed potions, but beside those she has nothing to offer so ive replaced her with Tidus.

i think in the end its all about being perecise in yr movements, and being very lucky :o

since i am not a person that will grind an hour, i will grind and try to beat seymour everyday.
    sooner or later ill outpower him, or be lucky enough :P

Articles
    Blog Entries

The "Use" ability is hands-down one of the best abilities in the game. Just stealing from regular enemies gets you such good items that outclass much of the other party members' abilities. You can steal Poison Fangs from any wasp-type enemy, and they deal damage and inflict poison with 100% success rate - completely outclassing Lulu's Bio spell.

Not to mention Smoke Bombs, Sleep/Dream Powders and Silence Grenades, inflicting Blind/Sleep/Silence with 100% success rate for THREE turns on the ENTIRE enemy party, again completely outclassing ALL of Wakka's abilities except Triple Foul. And you can steal them from any bird-type enemy (Smoke Bombs), wolf-type enemy (Sleep/Dream Powders) or mushroom-type enemy (Silence Grenades). Not to mention Frag Grenades (rare steal from some machinas) deal Armor Break. And from the soldiers on the Highbridge you can steal Purifying Salts which dispels an enemy and deals damage at the same time, again outclassing the simple Dispel spell. And I didn't even mention Mix.

Yep, Rikku can do some really stupid trout.

Just out of curiosity, have you been flee'ing from every fight up until this point? I am playing this at the moment, and I didn't grind at all - just fighting the mobs I ran into on my way through the story - and I was severely overpowered against Seymour.

Whelp, keep that grinding up and I hope you beat him soon.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

One Hundred Chimneys Recognized Member Tavrobel's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Karifean View Post
    The "Use" ability is hands-down one of the best abilities in the game. Just stealing from regular enemies gets you such good items that outclass much of the other party members' abilities.
    I absolutely agree with this sentiment. Steal/Use is one of the best combinations of skills possible. The amount of nifty effects you can produce from easily-replenishable-almost-unlimited items is broken.

... unfortunately, she's a little late for getting some of those items for now, but it'll help starting with after Seymour.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaibana View Post
    with alot of Haste, Slow, Power Breaks, and 'Speed break'
    This is quote right here is half of your problem.

You're wasting too many turns using utility spells instead of dealing damage. A Haste or an Armor Break or a Power Break here or there is fine, but the massive delay you suffer on your own characters' turns (in particular, the very slow Auron) in order to use these skills is often not worth it. It's especially counterproductive when they do not have 100% success rates and you rely on these things performing as advertised.

Protip: if the success rate advertised is less than 100%, it might as well not even exist. Assuming otherwise can seriously bite you in the ass and is an affront to RNGesus.

Slow is especially useless and I recommend not using it at all. In exchange for a turn and a half for Tidus, you get less than a turn's worth on a mob that will die very soon afterwards. You think it's helping you and it's not. The tradeoff is heavily tilted against you when used as a spell (but is okay as a side-effect of another skill). Delay Attack is fine if Tidus' turn is right before the mob whose turn you are delaying.

Articles
    Blog Entries

If you're having trouble with Seymour's Break spells, consider having Yuna and Rikku in Haste at (nearly) all times and having them NOT in your front line, and swapping them in immediatly when someone gets petrified. Quickly use Esuna/Al Bhed Potion to cure the petrification and then if possible swap them out again. That way they will never get petrified (so they never lose the Haste) but they can heal all petrification quickly. And if they do get petrified, well that's why you have two people who can remedy petrification. Just remember to recast Haste.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

CLAIM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

You already have your two! Still a couple to go before Grand Prize is up!

This egg is still available!

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

smurf THE POLICE

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

The Police are happy to disqualify you from eligibility to claim the Grand Prize is you keep your smurfs up

sorry shabana carry on!

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

i'd rather take this than the grand prize tho

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

Go on then.

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.

Not breaking faith today Shaibana's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tavrobel View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Shaibana View Post
    with alot of Haste, Slow, Power Breaks, and 'Speed break'
    This is quote right here is half of your problem.

You're wasting too many turns using utility spells instead of dealing damage. A Haste or an Armor Break or a Power Break here or there is fine, but the massive delay you suffer on your own characters' turns (in particular, the very slow Auron) in order to use these skills is often not worth it. It's especially counterproductive when they do not have 100% success rates and you rely on these things performing as advertised.
    no, that quote is my salvation.
    without casting things like haste and slow i get beaten
    it might waste turns, but alteasy ill live!!

rostum, no i have not been fleeing from every battle :o