Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: the help-Shaibana-through-this-game-thread

Not breaking faith today Shaibana's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default the help-Shaibana-through-this-game-thread

so far ive always asked for tips and hints in other threads, so for this FF ill just make a special thread for it

my current problem:
    i am to face Seymour for the 2nd time. and he is pretty powerfull!!
    it all went well at first. i encountered every attack with NulBlaze/tide etc etc. No problem!
    but after a while he starts stoning my characters and it all went well becaus i could heal them from petrification fast and often got lucky becaus Mortibody did not attack the stoned person..
    untill he smashed Yuna to pieces
    after that i couldnt keep up anymore and he defeated me.

normally this wouldnt be a big problem becaus i would grind a bit and try again..
    BUT i can not grind on the bridge becaus those machina have very hard attacks and they keep killing me.
    besides that i really need Ability Spears.Yuna has 11 steps but i dont want to go any further with that without unleashing 3-4 abilities that i will have to skip otherwise.
    i have bought Ability Distillers (i believe they are called) but i can not use them becaus i can not grind :l

any tips, hints and tricks?

Gold is the new black Goldenboko's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Why can't you grind? There's enemies before him on the bridge.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Do you have a previous save you can go back to? You may need to grind some more.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Blog Entries

i guess neither of tou have read the thing

i quote: ''BUT i can not grind on the bridge becaus those machina have very hard attacks and they keep killing me.''

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

And that's why I asked if you had a PREVIOUS save file to go back to. Like, the Via Purifico or before.

If you don't, your best bet is using Tidus and Yuna for Haste/Hastega and having Auron as the main attacker, Tidus as secondary attacker/healer, and Yuna solely for healer. O'aka is on the bridge, so you shouldn't run out of Phoenix Downs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Blog Entries

i dont have a previous savegame

and i must be doing something wrong becaus i dont have Hastiga or heal on Tidus yet :o
    i really want Cura for Yuna, but i dont have any Ability spears :l

Articles
    Blog Entries

If you had Hastega you would be pretty overleveled.

If you really have trouble with Seymour, a little bit of grinding might not be bad. Judging from your experiences, you seem a little underleveled. Do you happen to have some Teleport Spheres? With those, you can customize Evade & Counter onto your weapons, which makes you automatically dodge all dodgeable attacks (except for counterattacks) which is quite a great help. Besides that, Fire- and Waterstrike weapons can deal severe damage to those robots.

One Hundred Chimneys Recognized Member Tavrobel's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Are you using the Standard Grid or the Expert Grid? How much HP on each character, and what are the enemies doing to you?

How do your stats compare to this video?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TsDhq7wPwGs

Not having Cura means you're severely underleveled for Yuna, and this is often the case during the Bevelle split. Your primary form of healing at this point during the game should be using Use on Rikku and spamming Al Bhed Potions, which heal 1000 to all party members and can heal petrification. If Rikku is also underleveled, you're screwed.

smurf Kimahri

On the other hand, there's still hope, but this is the slow and difficult option. Unless the mobs on the bridge are actually killing everyone in your party in one hit, you can make your way through every battle one at a time. Simply doing "a lot" of damage means that you haven't died, which is good. If you have to use Escape to save even one of your members (or Tidus' Flee), you still can get some experience if you kill one enemy. Ability Distill also works on battles where you only kill one enemy and then leave.

Save after every battle, because it seems like you will need some serious RNG to generate the easy enemy formations. If you encounter any formation with the floating gun machina, just soft reset right then and there, because it sounds like you are just wasting time before you die. Fortunately, there is a formation that uses people with flamethrowers and the kicking bot. Burst down the dude, and then work on the machina. Unless the flamethrower dude is killing everyone every time he gets a turn, you should be okay.

Don't switch, don't get greedy trying to get experience on all six party members. You want these battles to end as fast as possible, so use Overdrives even while leveling (but don't use Auron's Shooting Star, because causing Eject will reduce experience gain). The moment you get even one character to survive enemy burst damage, leveling will become significantly easier. Set your Overdrive to the one where it charges on damage taken (Stoic or Comrade).

Other options include customizing armor and weapons. Fire Ward and Fireproof will make grinding flamethrowers possible. Defense +%, HP +%, SOS Protect can be very good grinding gear for cheap. Counterattack and Evade & Counter are great options to increase survivability and DPS. Brotherhood should have Waterstrike, which can help Tidus do more damage to the machina mobs.

If you really are having trouble with the mobs on the bridge, then you are simply not prepared for Seymour. The Highbridge is intentionally difficult. Your current "fast" option would be to try and get all of your Aeons to get full Overdrive bars and for Yuna to have a full bar so that she can Grand Summon. At this point, you spam Aeons and that should be the end of Seymour after some good luck.

You seem to have a major mental block with Yuna. Really, you don't need to get the abilities right now. It's more important to get the stats now, get past Seymour, and get to the next part of the story, where there are more manageable mobs. Macalania Forest has mobs that are from earlier in the story and the next zone, the Calm Lands, has mob formations that can be instantly be killed by Rikku/Steal.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

You are pretty underleveled, but it's perfectly doable still. If you're doing ok until Yuna gets smashed, consider buying a ton of softs from O'aka and customize everyone's armor. You need 30 softs to add the Stoneward ability. Spam aeons and win forever!

This is one of the best places to grind in the game though so if you plan on grinding eventually to catch up this is the time! The enemies in this area give good AP relative to where you are in the game, you're sandwiched between two save points, and O'aka is there to help you restock. You can always just pick off one enemy and then escape for a small amount of AP until you can handle the whole mob :v

Seymour is vulnerable to poison. If he's too powerful just do that, then you can concentrate on keeping your party healthy and his death will only be a matter of time.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

This is a hard one. You probably need to grind, as difficult as it may be. Stay close to the save and touch it between each fight to heal. If you can get reflect and cast that, you'll have an easier time. Also Bio, a Sword said. You can overdrive all aeons and summon them one by one, but you won't be able to use them long term, because Seymour banishes them.

Not much else to say, really :/

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Jessweeee♪ View Post
    one of the best places to grind in the game
    ... are you nuts? This is one of the WORST areas to grind specifically for the reason that the OP has mentioned. This is a hard place to grind because the mobs here do significantly more damage than they normally should at this area. The reward is not worth the expense given that he is STUCK.

If the guy hasn't gotten Cura for Yuna, it's extremely unlikely that he has Reflect and it's only marginally more unlikely that Lulu has Bio. However, Rikku's Mix can generate a result that can poison the enemy, if he has the right items in his inventory.

Underdog's Secret with most items (including Spheres) will generate a buff that allows a character to deal 9999. This is a reward from Rin for completing the Al Bhed Primers, though he probably hasn't collected them all, as this is a first playthrough.

Hazardous Shell (inflicts Poison) can be made using a Grenade and a Level 1 or 2 Keysphere. Also from Petrify Grenade/Silence Grenade/Sleeping Powder. Calamity Bomb has a similar recipe. Or Chaos Grenade.

List of Final Fantasy X Mixes - The Final Fantasy Wiki has more Final Fantasy information than Cid could research

Blog Entries

im a She btw :l and its my 1,5th playthrough :3

i have not encountered a party with a flamethrower no :o

most of the characters have HP around the 2000, with Auron at 3000.
    about the mental block: Yuna's Cure does only 600-800 (i think) healing, i want that Cura!
    im using the 'normal' speargrid, not the expert. and i dont have teleport spears

ive tried beating seymour with Auron, Kimhari and Yuna, becaus those 2 boys are the strongest and highest in HP and i use yuna to null the elemental attacks

and i believe Tidus (or wakka) has an weapon with Evade and Counter

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

RNGesus is not on your side. Flamethrowers/gunners are relatively common on the Highbridge, unless they removed it. If this is the case, you could also try fighting against a 2 kickbot/1 turret formation.

Your HP is decent for the area, so I expect the turret machina to only do 2000 to one character on their turn. However, that also means that the flamethrower and the turret machina will do 700 to everyone when they use their area attacks. This may mean death if they get three turns in a row. You really shouldn't have full party wipes here. You are not nearly as behind as you think you are.

About Counterattack and Evade & Counter, it works against single target physical attacks AND it checks if they can attack their target validly. Translation: Countering can only be relied on against kickbots.

---------- Strategy 1 ----------- Manmode ----------
    Your strategy for grinding should be not worrying about healing your characters with Yuna. Right now, Rikku is your healer. Again, you want your fights to not last long. Switch your Overdrive mode to Stoic or Comrade. Overdrive when possible.

I would suggest using a party that usually has Auron and Rikku in it. Auron actually has HP and he can survive worst-case situations; Rikku can Use Al Bhed Potions to heal or even her Overdrive. STOP TUNNELING ON CURA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA THIS IS THE VERY DEFINITION OF A MENTAL BLOCK AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Your third can switch among Tidus, Wakka, or Yuna. Tidus/Wakka don't do nearly as much as Auron, but they are faster than Auron, which means that if stuff hits the fan, they can recover the fight with Potions or Phoenix Downs. This approach will carry over to the Seymour fight through a development of your decision making skills.

---------- Strategy 2 ---------- Scrubcore ----------
    Your first fight should open with whatever Distill of your choice. Kill that target, then flee, if you really want Yuna to pick up Cura/Protect/Shell. If you're still having trouble after that fight, open every fight with a formation involving Yuna. Switch out the others whenever you want.

Get two turns in on your other members and then summon an Aeon. Have it kill your targets as much as possible. Let it die if it doesn't kill everything on its own and you can not save it using Shield, and then clean up with your remaining characters.

Eventually, you'll get to the point where the Aeons can survive battles on the Highbridge. Charge up their Overdrive meters, and then use all of their Overdrives against Seymour.

Gold is the new black Goldenboko's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Shaibana View Post
    i guess neither of tou have read the thing

i quote: ''BUT i can not grind on the bridge becaus those machina have very hard attacks and they keep killing me.''
    Oh I didn't see that. Can't you get off Aeon overdrives before he one hits them? If so I'd recommend having all their overdrives pre-readied and blasting him away!