Page 3 of 44 FirstFirst 1234567891323 ... LastLast

Thread: EoFF World Meetup and Live Ciddies! - London 2016

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Jinx View Post
    Well, you're like "maybe food" and I'm like "definitely food".

Have you seen our food forum? We're having food, god damn it.
    Then we're definitely requiring buy-in tickets to pay for meals! I promise they'll be reasonable.

Wish you guys could come If you can't, that's okay. Everyone else start planning!

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

You're likely going to have to put money down to even just book a restaurant, depending on the numbers, and it could end up fairly pricey. We'd really need to evaluate our options thoroughly once we have concrete foundations.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

Very possibly too soon for myself and Hux. Visa/immigration stuff is happening sometime in 2015 and that is expensive. Wedding stuff is happening sometime in 2015/2016 and that is expensive (especially if we'll be toting Hux's folks out here). But who knows, maybe we'll strike it rich between now and then!

Edit: Also I don't think Hux is allowed to leave the US for some time while visa/immigration stuff goes through. Not 100% sure on that but it sounds familiar.

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

Ideas are great! I just think before we find ourselves bogged down with a millionty ideas, we should focus on the basics. xD We are a bunch of people who get caught up in the moment, I find.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Well like I said, if I'm going to save up money and go on a trip, I'll be visiting the 2 countries I've wanted to visit since I was 8. Nothing against you guys, but either way would be a huge financial commitment. After looking at prices, it is feasible to travel from France to the UK fairly cheaply, but a 2 week trip, hotels, flights there and back, possibly a car rental, I'm looking at about $5k.

Saving up $80/month (which we could set aside if we needed to) for 25 months is $2k. I would loooove to be there for this, but if I went and I knew that where I have always dreamed of going is so very close and I missed it, I would feel sad that I spent 2000 when that 2000 would have brought me that much closer. And considering where my life is going, I don't know when I'll have a chance to save up that money again.

What I'm hoping is I get a decent job and we can put aside more and maybe be able to afford it, but it just doesn't seem feasible right now, unfortunately. :/

can't we just do it in some dude's garden and order takeout

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Yeah it's an extra thing I have to apply for called Advanced Parole if I want to leave the US before everything is sorted (and there's no guarantee it'd be sorted out any quicker than the rest of the applications ) and between that and the cost, I don't know if we'd be able to make it.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

People from the US who are concerned about price: Flight costs from the US will be relatively from 1000-1400 probably max (look in places like vayama.com and kayak.com). Not sure about hotel bookings, but hostels are relatively cheap, from what I understand. I don't have the numbers in front of me for my Scotland visit, but I was shocked at how cheap it was for like five days. I want to say around $200.

I paid $200 for my passport, but it was on rush - most are about $130, I think. I know it's a lot of money right now, but if you really and truly want to come, I would say just start saving your pennies and assess in a year or so. Even with a minimum-wage job, it would be possible to save up for this in a few months.

Just think about it before writing it off entirely We don't need definitive answers right now with over two years to go. And again, totally cool if you can't, just wanted to put up some pricing for you.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Parker View Post
    can't we just do it in some dude's garden and order takeout
    If we're having people come from all over, I want it to be an awesome event to remember

Don't forget most eoffers are pretty friendly, if I am near wherever it is at the time I will have a sofa or two for dudes with tight budgets and Im sure others would offer the same as long as youre not creepy or a murderer

Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

I definitely don't mean to be a debbie downer here by the way. I just don't want to end up with a deported Huxley because we left the country while his stuff was still in processing (and that stuff takes months to years to process) xD

I'd seriously consider it if it was in the States. 100% do NOT want anyone to change the location just cause of us, though.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

But if anyone does want to change it for Pike, I'll totally support that.... >.>

Y'know.... for Pike ....... <.<

i forgot to mention there is a mandatory 3 blowjob limit to anyone crashing at my place, dude or dudette

if it is a couple or three people i will accept 6 or 9 bjs from one of them

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I am guessing that it is likely not to change because The King and The Hand of The King live in the UK, and they need to be there whether they like it or not.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Wouldn't the US be the more central location for aussies?