Page 1 of 44 12345671121 ... LastLast

Thread: EoFF World Meetup and Live Ciddies! - London 2016

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Smash EoFF World Meetup and Live Ciddies! - London 2016

Hey guys. You know how whenever we have those "who would you want to meet from EoFF threads" and people always say that if they won the lottery, they would organize a meetup for everyone to come to?

Well, half of that is in the works to come to fruition. Sorry, though, nobody won the lottery (that I know of; if you have won any lotteries recently, please PM Loony BoB ASAP), but your friendly Garden Festival Committee is making a serious attempt to host the first ever Eyes on Final Fantasy World Meetup and Live Ciddies Event in 2016!

We realize this sounds like a lot. Of course traveling will be involved for many. Right now we are speculating on using the United Kingdom for our hosting grounds as is it is a nice middle-distance for both Americans, Europeans, and hopefully other folks from further away as well (I'm not sure how far away it is from Australians or New Zealanders, but I hope it isn't too inconvenient).

What we want to know is this. Would you be interested in attending a once in a lifetime event like this? The Ciddies would be the feature event here, obviously, and we are willing to bust our asses to make this happen. Live speech presentations, tangible awards given out, maybe like entertainment (I nominate Bubba and his band), we'd like to put food together for everyone coming depending on the budget. A night full of awesome!

So, EoFF, what do you think? Are you willing to save your pennies to come to something like this? Is 2016 too soon; would 2017 be better? Are you willing to donate to see this happen?

Important: Please take the survey here! https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...Q3FwcEZNdnc6MA

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Everything is very tentative right now as far as official dates or locations, so I hope none of you feel pressured to give a definitive answer at the moment.

If the concept sounds like a good idea to you, just consider saving up for it. That's all

If it's in the UK then I will almost certainly be there

Blog Entries

omg. It'll be like the Dundies.

Rantz and I will be in a cornee getting trashed and making out and stuff. Parker will be like Dwight. And uh. Yeah.

I approve.

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

Would be interested.

Blog Entries

Only if BoB takes bong hits with me.

Articles
    Blog Entries

This is amazingly tempting.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Interested, yes. But I couldn't tell you the likelihood of my being able to go especially if it's two years away and across the pond. A lot can happen in two years, a lot can happen in a month. I'm also terrified of heights, flying and boarding a plane.

Yeah, I probably won't be going.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

We set it tentatively for 2016 to give people time to save money to come. Sure, no one knows where they're going to be in two years, but it's something you could work toward!

Prinny God Recognized Member Endless's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'm biased towards mainland Europe, but I've been to London before for a WoW guild meetup so it's not out of the question if it were there.

That said, regardless of the place, what really really helped is that a member near there centralized organizing the booking of the hotel and of the one fancy restaurant for a big dinner, so that everyone but locals was staying at the same place so it's easy to get group activities started/done.
    Also start checking the 2016-2017 calendar for long weekends (Easter and the likes where banking holidays are common) because a 3 day weekend helps a lot getting this done.

And then there is Death

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Yeah, if we were to hold it at a hotel, I'm sure we could do a block of rooms. Thank you for the suggestions!

Blog Entries

Am interested in attending, and in perhaps donating.

Articles

I think we'd be able to really do anywhere. This time I would book time off in advance and actually show people Drunk Matt. It's not something that happened in Edinburger, and you guys missed out. I'm a riot.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

I would so love to! I don't know how likely I am to make it, but I think it would be a very fun opportunity and I hope I will be able to go c:

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

I would love to but there's no way I could afford it. I need to pay for my son's school and I want to plan a trip to Ottawa and if I have enough money I want to plan an Italy/France trip. I wish I had more money to throw around.

Could you guys do like a live show for those who can't make it so we aren't completely left out?