View Poll Results: Who will really win 2014: Consoles or PC?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • Consoles, because PS4 + Xbox One.

4 14.81%
  • PC, because the game lineup looks better.

9 33.33%
  • Yes

14 51.85%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Who will really win 2014: Consoles or PC?

programmed by NASIR Recognized Member black orb's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Banner Design
    • Logo Design

Quote Originally Posted by Vivi22 View Post
    Even without building your own (which is stupidly easy by the way), you could easily buy a PC for far less than $2,000 that will run modern games well.

Anyone who thinks it costs that much to have a decent gaming rig is just flat out wrong, I'm sorry.
    >>> Hey, Im not lying that computer went something like this:

"MSI AIO Gamer AG2712A Intel Core i7 3630QM 16GB 1TB+128GB SSD 27" TOUCH Full HD AMD HD8970M 2GB Blu Ray Windows 8"

I guess thats what you need to play games.. And who knows there are probably more expensive ones..

And I dont know how to build my own computer, I guess that make me stupid. Sorry for being stupid..
    >> The black orb glitters ominously... but nothing happens..

The PC is a superior gaming platform this year compared to any individual console, just like it has been every year basically forever.

Quote Originally Posted by black orb View Post
    Even without building your own (which is stupidly easy by the way), you could easily buy a PC for far less than $2,000 that will run modern games well.

Anyone who thinks it costs that much to have a decent gaming rig is just flat out wrong, I'm sorry.

"MSI AIO Gamer AG2712A Intel Core i7 3630QM 16GB 1TB+128GB SSD 27" TOUCH Full HD AMD HD8970M 2GB Blu Ray Windows 8"

I guess thats what you need to play games.. And who knows there are probably more expensive ones..

And I dont know how to build my own computer, I guess that make me stupid. Sorry for being stupid..
    Blu-Ray and Touch are entirely pointless features for gaming on a PC.

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I didn't say you were lying, I said you were wrong. Looking up that model brings us to this page: MSI Global AG2712A

That computer is filled with superfluous garbage and over priced laptop hardware so it can be an over priced all in one desktop computer rather than something reasonably priced that would do just as much for less than half the cost. Hell, with the mobile parts it wouldn't even make a good gaming computer for the money for a variety of reasons.

And I didn't say you were stupid for not knowing how to build a computer. I said building one is stupidly easy. You wouldn't even have to do much research. A lot of tech sites put together builds for a variety of budgets that you can look at and just order the parts. And fitting those parts together is pretty straight forward, and I'm sure there's plenty of guides and videos demonstrating the process for those who aren't sure about it. Or if you have a fairly tech savvy friend ask them to help you. Most of it is really just inserting things into motherboard slots and plugging power cables into parts whose required cables are obvious at a glance. People tend to think building a computer would be tough, but with a modest amount of time spent researching it on the internet, the process is really simple and straight forward. I could easily show someone how to do it in maybe half an hour if I'm in the room with them.

Anyway, my point isn't even that you should build a PC or anything. It's that getting a decent gaming PC is not three times the price of a console. Not a new console certainly. Maybe a Wii, but no one likes those anyway.

Local Florist Site Contributor
    Recognized Member
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mayrissa Fablestay (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Former Editor

Can We Build a Gaming PC on a Console Budget? - GameSpot

TDLR: Yes. Infact, it even out performs the next-gen consoles.

Also building a PC is very easy, it's not really that different to putting a console together anymore. Most of the parts will on go in one slot, and most of the time you get an instruction manual telling you the order to do things - and if not there's plenty of youtube videos.

The longest part of the whole process is waiting for Windows to install....

Articles
    Blog Entries

Not to beat a dead horse, but most of the popular and interesting PC games of today run very well on very modest hardware. If you want to max out Crysis and The Witcher that's another matter, though.

It's hard to compare these things. I'll probably spend more time with Dota 2 than anything else this year, a game I first played in beta 2012, officially released 2013, and will undoubtedly have an unrecognizable metagame at the time of its last patch for 2014.

So ranking platforms based on which one can race to squeeze out the most new games in a calendar year is inadequate for someone like me. That said, Infamous: Second Son is an outstanding title and I don't see anything on the horizon likely to top it.
    Last edited by Bolivar; 04-21-2014 at 03:18 PM.

Articles

>>> I dont care who wins but, with the money you need for a computer that run the games smoothly you can buy like 3 consoles..
    Shauna Recently built herself a gaming rig. Something that would probably run Skyrim at High. It cost her about £800 all in. Same price as Xbox One and PS4 together.

Her PC gets daily usage for non gaming functions. We have several games systems that don't get played for month's at a time.

Side note - I fear the systems will have a price drop before there is anything that I "have to buy this console to play this game" game comes out for PS4/XB1. Early adopters of consoles are dumb.

Blog Entries

I think PC gaming is better every year Why waste my money on a console when I can just use my multiple displayed PC to browse and play at once while I also watch TV

I've spent about $400 upgrading my PC in the last 2 years. Still have a bit more to do but, I wont have to touch it for several years after.

And, the only game that has come out in the last two years that didn't reach PC that I really want is Last of US. Otherwise can't think of a single title I really wanted but couldn't get. Oh Madden but whatever. Oh and Consoles don't have DayZ
    Last edited by escobert; 04-22-2014 at 02:28 PM.