Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is Lightning a bit more "girly" than before?

Default Is Lightning a bit more "girly" than before?

While Lightning is still a tomboyish, masculine female character (especially in the original game), I can't help but think that Lightning is a bit more "girly" than before, due to both her supposedly less rough and stoic personality that she is reported to have in this game, but also all the outfits she can wear. Now, many of her outfits are certainly tomboyish, but some of her other outfits are also quite girly, some of which are also quite skimpy too, especially her Mist Wizard Sorceress outfit, which originally had an "out-of-character" victory pose in which she stands in a relaxed manner, raises her arms, and crosses her weapons behind her head; it was later changed to simply putting a hand to her waist. (I will say, though, that I kinda liked that original pose, but I think it would have been more appropriate for Tifa than for Lightning, because it's funny when she did it; Serah could also pull that pose off too.) It seems as though Lightning has apparently become a fashionista, who clearly shopped 'til she dropped. Perhaps she is a bit more girly now, and maybe we'll see a bit more of her girly side.

Or maybe perhaps it's not Lightning, but "Claire Farron" who's girly. "Lightning" is the rough outer shell, and "Claire Farron" is the girly interior, perhaps the true personality.

What are your thoughts?
    Is that your final answer?

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

So are you saying Lightning is Batman?

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

idk, I mean about as girly as Paine was really.

she'll steal your heart Hollycat's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Del Murder View Post
    She's the hero Pulse deserves, but not the one it needs, that would be Vanille and Fang.
    Incedentally Vanille and Fang are opposites that work together, serious and carefree, two sides of the same coin. A two faced being you might say. And just like Harvey Dent, after they served their purpose, they both (SPOILER)died

So Yes, FF XIII is batman, the fal'cie are the joker, and Sahz is Morgan Freeman
    This post brought to you by the power of boobs. Dear lord them boobs. Amen

Quote Originally Posted by Del Murder View Post
    I was thinking more of a M & M candy with the rough outer shell bit.

The original point of this thread was if you found Lightning a bit more "girly" in this installment, so let's get back to that.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperMillionaire View Post
    The original point of this thread was if you found Lightning a bit more "girly" in this installment, so let's get back to that.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

All I know is that her armpits are looking fabulous.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Articles
    Blog Entries

She doesn't look any more girly to me than she did in the first game. I remember seeing a prototype design of her before the first game came out that was a bit more masculine before the redesign. I think the redesign was due to her looking too much like Cloud initially (don't quote me on that). The only issue I see with Lightning Returns in this boat is that some of the outfits you put her in make her head look like it's pasted on someone else's body.
    Last edited by Ayen; 12-20-2013 at 03:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ToriJ View Post
    She doesn't look any more girly to me than she did in the first game. I remember seeing a prototype design of her before the first game came out that was a bit more masculine before the redesign. I think the redesign was due to her looking too much like Cloud initially (don't quote me on that). The only issue I see with Lightning Returns in this boat is that some of the outfits you put her in make her head look like it's literally pasted on someone else's body.
    Well, when Final Fantasy XIII-2 was made it was said Lightning will be sexier.
    Last edited by Sephiroth; 12-20-2013 at 05:05 PM.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Lightning can be whoever you want her to be. It ultimately reflects on you and how you view her, I think.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

Of course Lightning is girlier. Her tits are bigger! That's what being a girl is all about, right?
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

And some of her outfits are girlier too.

She should have also had a love interest, too.

Her love interest is Toriyama.