Thread: Songstress and the Matador's Song

Articles
    Blog Entries

Default Songstress and the Matador's Song

I swear this is one of my favorite abilities in the entire series. You learn it with merely 20 AP - 10 for Perfect Pitch and then 10 for Matador's Song itself - and it utterly destroys all enemies that use attacks that can miss.

In case you didn't know, Matador's Song gives "Evasion +10" to your party. What does that do? It increases your evasion chance by 100%. I am so not even kidding. It literally does that. Meaning unless your evasion chance was below 0% before, the enemies are not going to hit you. Like, ever. And it does that to the entire party.

The Songstress is a pretty underrated dressphere in FFX-2. Apart from Matador's Song it also has the capability of completely incapacitating the entire enemy party with Sleepy Shuffle or other Dances, not to mention it gets Magical Masque deep in Chapter 5 which is one of the best abilities in the game, making your entire party completely impervious to all magic. Combine that with Matador's Song and you got yourself a damn useful class.

Discuss the awesomeness of the Songstress.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

I never used Matador's Song. I was a Jitterbug kind of gal.

Articles

Songstress was ome of the jobs I wanted to use more often. But with only 2 offensive party members thereafter it sorta slows down battles. Especially as the songstress is locked into that song until its over.

Bravely defaults performer did it well. The bonus was applied for 2 turns and you could still attack if you wanted to.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shauna View Post
    Songstress was ome of the jobs I wanted to use more often. But with only 2 offensive party members thereafter it sorta slows down battles. Especially as the songstress is locked into that song until its over.

Bravely defaults performer did it well. The bonus was applied for 2 turns and you could still attack if you wanted to.
    Besides the obvious Matador's Song, Sleepy Shuffle can be very useful early on as it just puts the entire enemy party in Sleep until the dance is over, it's not even interrupted by physically attacking the enemies.

Btw Matador's Song was a Song, not a Dance, so you just cast it once and it stays for the remainder of the battle.

Articles
    Blog Entries

The songstress is definitely one of the most underrated dresspheres in the game. While the game is mostly easy enough to just have all three girls go offensive, the songstress is just a fantastic option. Matador's Song is a great one. In terms of the dances, most of them have some helpful use, but 'Dirty Dancing' bestows automatic critical hits, which compensates for the lack of a third attacking member.