Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Which is your favorite Kingdom Hearts game?

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Skyblade View Post
    This is kind of an odd question for me. Each of the games has something about it I really liked, and things about it I really didn't.

Probably overall, Birth By Sleep was my favorite. I really liked the gameplay, and I liked most of the characters, story, and world. However, I've still only completed a third of it, because I stopped playing as soon as it forced me to change characters.
    Honestly all the characters in the game are pretty good and I felt they did a good job making the same worlds interesting for each of them. You should pick it up and try to finish it, especially since everyone plays differently. I think that to me was this game's greatest strength, being able to re-use the same worlds and elements but making it feel like a fresh experience each time. Though Ventus was my favorite character to play, I think Aqua surprised me the most as a playable character and her story is actually my favorite of the three.

Aqua is my favorite character, and has my favorite play style. I'll probably like her story more too.

But it's going to be really hard to get me to pick that game back up. I just don't want to reset everything back to zero and start grinding all over (especially with a play style I don't enjoy as much). What's the point of all the progression and leveling if it's just going to get reset partially through the story? I spent tons of time customizing, finding abilities, finding special moves, hunting items... And it all goes bye-bye. WHY?!
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Honestly, since you now understand all the mechanics, it's actually much faster the second and third time through, also all the character get unique spells and Shotlocks so it's not like your original collection is the full collection either.

I felt all three played really well, I had some issues with Terra cause he was far more defensive than I thought he would be but he is was still pretty fun even if his playstyle kind of screws him against one of the game's superbosses.

Blog Entries

Birth by Sleep is the one with the least flaws. The combat flows well, I like how the skill leveling system forces you to change your play style depending on what youre trying to level and the story lines dont always follow the movies too closely (though sometimes it does).

I wish Dream Drop Distance followed the levelling style of BBS. I wouldve been able to push myself through if I didnt have to deal with tickling my dreamagotchi or whatever.

Also I dont know if it's a big deal in the end plotwise or anything but I would've liked if the game just had me play each character one world at a time instead of switching ever 5 minutes.
    Last edited by blackmage_nuke; 05-06-2014 at 11:35 AM.
    Kefka's coming, look intimidating!
    Have a nice day!!