Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Super Expensive House; Catch: No one can die here!

Quote Originally Posted by AlaynaMae View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by blackmage_nuke View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by AlaynaMae View Post
    Do you really have NO friends to swing by to check up on you if you vanish for a month?
    What happens when I get old and all the friends I do have are dead, but I can't die because I have a magic house.
    You can die. You just have to leave. Once you hit 120 im pretty sure stepping outside will kill you.
    I just meant in regards to torture. The only reason I have friends is to pop in and ensure I'm not being tortured. Otherwise friendless immortality sounds fine to me.
    Exactly. Not to mention there's a good chance that by the time you hit 120 word will have spread that there's something eerie about you or the house you live in. People will start to notice something is amiss.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mirage View Post
    A wizard has cast a magic spell on a house such that anyone inside it can not die.

People are only immune to death whilst inside the property boundaries, when you leave you are vulnerable. You will still age inside the house but you will never deteriorate so much that your brain stops working completely. The house wont cure any fatal diseases, it just stops them from killing you until you leave. If you shoot yourself/get shot in the heart, you still have a bullet in your now useless heart but the magic will pump blood to your brain for you. All bullets/blunt objects will magically disolve before they reach your brain

But the house is ridiculously expensive, you'll pretty much have to work the rest of your life to keep paying the mortgage before the bank takes it away so you dont get to retire or have too many luxuries.

No renting out rooms to rich dying people.
    I'll buy it, after I finish educating myself as a doctor. Then I will turn it into the only hospital in the world where patients can survive normally fatal implications during treatment. I'm sure that will get me quite an income, perhaps enough to even pay down the loan way before what would be expected.

Treating rich people of their curable (although extremely hard to cure, but still possible) diseases is not the same as renting it out to rich dying people. Even if I do lose the house to the bank because I'm not able to pay it off, I'll still have a lot better experience with illnesses that are difficult to treat than any other doctor on the planet, so I can probably get a really good job somewhere else.

how about that, blackmagenuke?!
    That sounds like a pretty solid plan. If you want to be a doctor anyway.
    Kefka's coming, look intimidating!
    Have a nice day!!

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

A wizard has cast a magic spell on a house such that anyone inside it can not die.

People are only immune to death whilst inside the property boundaries, when you leave you are vulnerable. You will still age inside the house but you will never deteriorate so much that your brain stops working completely. The house wont cure any fatal diseases, it just stops them from killing you until you leave. If you shoot yourself/get shot in the heart, you still have a bullet in your now useless heart but the magic will pump blood to your brain for you. All bullets/blunt objects will magically disolve before they reach your brain

But the house is ridiculously expensive, you'll pretty much have to work the rest of your life to keep paying the mortgage before the bank takes it away so you dont get to retire or have too many luxuries.

I'll buy it, after I finish educating myself as a doctor. Then I will turn it into the only hospital in the world where patients can survive normally fatal implications during treatment. I'm sure that will get me quite an income, perhaps enough to even pay down the loan way before what would be expected.

Treating rich people of their curable (although extremely hard to cure, but still possible) diseases is not the same as renting it out to rich dying people. Even if I do lose the house to the bank because I'm not able to pay it off, I'll still have a lot better experience with illnesses that are difficult to treat than any other doctor on the planet, so I can probably get a really good job somewhere else.

That sounds like a pretty solid plan. If you want to be a doctor anyway.
    I don't, but I do want to have money and be world famous.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Articles
    Blog Entries

Best idea so far.