Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How responsible are you with money?

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I might buy a TV. I'd save most of it though.

Contributions
    • Contributions to former EoFF Map

I used to be horrible with money until I learned how to threesome. This involves splitting money into the three: needs, don't needs, and save on a weekly basis.

IE: 1000$ would be split to 330$ with the extra 10$ providing leeway into any of the spending purposes.

1. Needs: rent, food, phone, travel (extra at the end of the week goes to paying credit cards/debts)
    2. Don't needs: booze, a giant chicken suit, bikini top made of coconuts, panda bear chopsticks,russian egg dolls with the images of communist dictators on them... etc...
    3. Savings: for the bigger things I want/need like travelling, one day a car, sex change, education, ipad...

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Alayna Mae (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Chemical View Post
    I used to be horrible with money until I learned how to threesome. This involves splitting money into the three: needs, don't needs, and save on a weekly basis.

IE: 1000$ would be split to 330$ with the extra 10$ providing leeway into any of the spending purposes.
    Man I wish I had more than like 20% of my paycheck left (and that's if I'm lucky) after I pay for necessities. That'd be super nice.

My future is fuelled by the fires of words, wit and companionship.

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

One might consider me responsible with my money, but really I'm just apathetic towards spending.

Quote Originally Posted by Shorty View Post
    Probably in hopes of teaching you responsibility with it.
    Liaf cipe!
    Jack: How do you know?

Will: It's more of a feeling really.

Jack: Well, that's not scientific. Feeling isn't knowing. Feeling is believing. If you believe it, you can't know because there's no knowing what you believe. Then again, no one should believe what they know either. Once you know anything that anything becomes unbelievable if only by virtue of the fact you now... know it. You know?

Will: No.

If Demolition Man were remade today

Huxley: What's wrong? You broke contact.
    Spartan: Contact? I didn't even touch you.
    Huxley: Don't you want to make love?
    Spartan: Is that what you call this? Why don't we just do it the old-fashioned way?
    Huxley: NO!
    Spartan: Whoa! Okay, calm down.
    Huxley: Don't tell me to calm down!
    Spartan: What's gotten into you? 'Cause it sure as hell wasn't me.
    Huxley: Physical relations in the way of intercourse are no longer acceptable John Spartan.
    Spartan: What? Why the hell not?
    Huxley: It's the law, John. And for your information, the very idea that you suggested it makes me feel personally violated.
    Spartan: Wait a minute... violated? Huxley what the hell are you accusing me of here?
    Huxley: You need to leave, John.
    Spartan: But Huxley.
    Huxley: Get out!
    Moments later Spartan is arrested for "violating" Huxley.

By the way, that's called satire. Get over it.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

1. Needs: rent, food, phone, travel (extra at the end of the week goes to paying credit cards/debts)
    2. Don't needs: booze, a giant chicken suit, bikini top made of coconuts, panda bear chopsticks,russian egg dolls with the images of communist dictators on them... etc...
    3. Savings: for the bigger things I want/need like travelling, one day a car, sex change, education, ipad...
    Rule of three! I suppose this is essentially what I do, though I do leave myself a smaller amount for Don't Needs and put more toward Savings and Big Stuff. Good way of looking at it!

Contributions
    • Contributions to former EoFF Map

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shauna View Post
    There is an odd mix in this thread of depressing stories where $1000 would mean a lot, and smug jerks where $1000 wouldn't mean too much. Personally falling into the latter category it's interesting to see opinions from both sides.
    It's weird too because I forget that in Aussie 1000$ doesn't go too far. Wages are higher ... Overnight mcD workers can get paid 25$/hr and that's my wage working as a caretaker/pizza flipper. But rent is paid weekly and for most is around 300$/week (I pay 150$ weekly) and Australia is no 2 for highest standard of living... It's super expensive here. Pack of cigs is almost 30$ and a case of beer easily 50$. If I were in Canada I could stretch it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Shorty View Post

Rule of three! I suppose this is essentially what I do, though I do leave myself a smaller amount for Don't Needs and put more toward Savings and Big Stuff. Good way of looking at it!
    Ya sometimes I need to adjust it when the needs outweigh. I should save more but if I didn't budget for the wants I know I would binge splurge which would prob be very detrimental.

Boldly go.

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

The benefits of our high cost of living are going down the drain too but I guess that's a story for another thread

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Alayna Mae (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Jiro View Post
    The benefits of our high cost of living are going down the drain too but I guess that's a story for another thread
    I was having a nice morning, and then you go and remind me that our government is screwing us.

My future is fuelled by the fires of words, wit and companionship.