Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: DISASTER HAS STRUCK

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Default DISASTER HAS STRUCK

The scene: We are all barred inside a giant warehouse to protect ourselves from a massive zombie virus outbreak. Several members are wounded, and some of them may have been bitten.

The dilemma: Sephex has begun exhibiting symptoms of the infected. It could just be food poisoning from eating at Atilano's Mexican Restaurant down the street for lunch, but should we risk it?

What do we do?! What's the first course of action?! What are our priorities?!

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Tell Carl to get back in the house.

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Don't wooAAAUUGHHHrrry, guys. I am okay witheatingyerbrains and WiLl Maauuugke a FULL STOMACHWITHYOURGUTS recovery!

Recognized Member Scotty_ffgamer's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Scotty Ffgamer (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I honestly don't know what I would do. My general proposal would probably be to tie/chain up Sephex and any others who may come forward as possible infected. I'd rather err on the side of caution while still not needlessly killing someone who isn't infected. I'd hope we have an agreed upon radius drawn out from the tied up folks which no one can pass except for those designated to bring food and water. If possible, the tied up folks would be spaced so that should someone for sure turn, one of the other tied up folks doesn't get caught up. Take notes on if the condition worsens or disappears over a couple of days, and then let people go when they don't turn and improve in condition.

Of course, the other problem lies in just how exactly the virus spreads. Yes, someone gets bitten and they for sure turn, but could it follow the rules of some zombie fiction in which anyone who dies turns into a zombie after death?

As for rationing food and water, designating how decisions are made, ownership of weapons, etc. I don't know. Things will get difficult being trapped inside a warehouse. Power struggles will happen. People will get restless. One person not coming forward about being bit and then turning could spell death for everyone there. I'd personally want to try to find a way to sneak out without causing a stir with the people and zombies, and move away to where there would likely be less population.

Another personal note, I would try to extract blood from those tied up to keep in a syringe or whatever in case that person turns to keep on me. Someone I know had this conversation with me where they said jokingly that they would probably eat people before they ate dogs and cats. If I were to end up with cannibals, I would inject myself with the infected blood so that I could take them all with me.

Edit: We should probably also set Atilano's Mexican Restaurant on fire if any of us escape, just in case they actually were the start of the virus.

The Nerd Who Knows Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'm going to take account of all weapons we have, quarantine Sephex until I know it isn't mexican food, at which point I kill zombie Sephex.

And then I would probably take some weapons and leave you all high and dry and go die, killing as may zombies as possible before I succumb to the inevitable.

Because I am boss like that.

<PaperStar> live fast, die young, bad plefs do it well

...you hot, salty nut! Recognized Member fire_of_avalon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

You can tell I think about this stuff a lot.

1) Establish a figure-head leader who doesn't do much besides make people feel better. TWD lacks this scapegoat which would really make Rick's life easier.

2) Have a Hand of the King running the show.

3) Find the most powerful long-range firearm we have between us and give it to tuh. Send him up into the rafters with whatever he needs to be ok for the next 24 hours. He is to fire on anyone who advances on another member of our party.

4) Sephex and all other wounded members are to be immediately quarantined. Their families/friends can be quarantined with them. Quarantine will be lifted when their health begins to improve. They will not be denied whatever possible medical treatment, food and comfort we can provide, but they will have an armed detail with them. People who are patient, people with good nerves. I think plef and Cimmie head up this group.

5) We split the remaining non-injured people into 3 person teams with 1 person who has a weapon and 2 with whatever basic tools we can scrounge. We check the perimeter for ways zombies can enter and catch us unawares and we address those weak spots. We also gather other resources from the warehouse and pool them together.

6) If any of the wounded start to turn, plef and Cim shoot to kill. If any of the non-wounded start to turn, tuh shoots to kill. If anyone gets in trouble they have a party member with a weapon.

7) The first priority is to ensure we don't get caught with our pants down by a weak spot in the perimeter of the warehouse. The second priority is to find enough resources to survive the next few days while we make a plan. Third is stabilizing the wounded. Fourth is slapping people who are going crazy.

8) Once we've settled in for a few days we get to decide how to proceed. Are the zombies at our doors fast, smart, ever increasing in number? We have to find a way to move to an isolated location. Are they slow, dumb zombies who sometimes herd toegether like in TWD? We can fortify a bit and possible go on exploratory runs to see what's left of the world.

EDIT: NO PLEFFY JUST DO WHAT I SAY GOSH.

Signature by rubah. I think.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Scouting efforts of Kalevala and Freya report that the zombies are slow and dumb, but they herd together and are particularly dangerous because of swarming numbers outside in the streets for as far as the eye can see.

Recognized Member Scotty_ffgamer's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Scotty Ffgamer (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Did Carl get back in the house, though?

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

I was going to say quarantine Sephex, but it's too late. His words are steadily changing into incoherent growls. Time to put a bullet in your head. Sorry, brother.

Quote Originally Posted by Freya View Post
    Tell Carl to get back in the house.
    *throws tomato*

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty_ffgamer View Post
    Did Carl get back in the house, though?
    No! He's still out there! Damn kids can't listen to directions!

Blog Entries

People showing symptoms will be quarantined, those refusing quarantine will be banned, those who refuse to leave will be shot.

The warehouse will be split into two sections, a regular zone and a buffer zone. Anyone who goes outside to gather supplies or what have you must remain in the buffer zone for however long it takes an infected person to turn. The buffer zone has all the comforts of the regular zone, They can be visited by friends and family but when they enter the bufferzone they can not leave until the person theyre visiting's buffer time is finished. THe buffer zone is further split into 3 sections so hunting parties dont mix.
    Kefka's coming, look intimidating!
    Have a nice day!!

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I LIKE THIS BUFFER ZONE. YES GOOD.

Also, use Carl as a distraction so our scouts can leave out of another door!

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Oh no! Shaibana has gone into a state of a mental breakdown and has grabbed a weapon, threatening to hurt anyone who comes near her!

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

What kind of weapon?!

The Nerd Who Knows Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by fire_of_avalon View Post

EDIT: NO PLEFFY JUST DO WHAT I SAY GOSH.
    Aye aye, foas!

<PaperStar> live fast, die young, bad plefs do it well