Thread: Favorite Dungeon

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Relm Favorite Dungeon

I've always appreciated how much VI tried to experiment with dungeon design to make it a bit more than just a novelty location or have more to it than wandering around until you found the boss/exit. So which dungeon was your favorite?

Old school, like an old fool. Flying Mullet's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

My favorite is the Phantom Train. The environment, music, mini-events and story tie together well to make it a fun part of the game.
    Two runners up would be Gogo's Cave and Umaro's Cave. I remember the excitement of discovering Gogo's Cave and I really enjoy the whole Narshe area in the WoR (Mog, Moogle Charm, Cursed/Paladin Shield, Ragnorak, Ice Dragon, Tritoch) and Umaro's Cave is a nice wrap-up (Umaro, Terrato, Minerva, PUGS!).
    Figaro Castle

pinchpinchpinchpinchpinch ScottNUMBERS's Avatar

Going to have to say Gogo's. I never read strategy guides or use the internet for "secrets" info so when a big worm sucked me in and I ended up in a secret dungeon I was surprised and impressed.
    Staring at my sig will not induce epileptic fits.

A themagicroundabout sig, by themagicroundabout.

The Ancient Castle was probably my favorite -- exploring that hidden cave was cool enough, but then finding a castle attached to it was awesome, especially since it treats you to its own little story bits. It maaayyy have also included my favorite Relic as well.

Articles
    Blog Entries

I liked the ones where you had to switch between parties to solve puzzles and complete the dungeon. I know the final dungeon is like that and at least one or two more...

Blog Entries

Probably the Phantom Train or Zozo or the Magitech Factory. It's hard to decide.

The floating continent couldve been a bit higher up but the encounter rate annoyed me while I was running around trying to explore.
    Kefka's coming, look intimidating!
    Have a nice day!!