Thread: Humble Weekly Bundle this week is very good

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Developer
    • Former Tech Admin

Default Humble Weekly Bundle this week is very good

https://www.humblebundle.com/weekly

This thing is insane value. Here's a mini-review of the games I've already played.

Thomas Was Alone - Great little platformer, high point is probably the cool narration. Can the game make you care about a bunch of sentient monocolored boxes jumping around? Find out.

Dustforce - Nice mellow happy music and pastel colors, on top of a reeeeeeally hard platformer. I think the number of people in the world who got SS rank on every level is maybe in the dozens? If you like challenging platformers, I highly recommend this.

VVVVVV - The game looks kind of bad at a glance, but it plays oh so well. It has a simple concept and pushes the concept to its limit. Music is awesome. Irrefutable proof that you don't need good graphics to make a fun game.

Cave Story+ - A kind of metroidvania platformer thing. Sooooooo good. This game is a classic for a reason. This version has a remastered soundtrack that I still listen to in my car.

LIMBO - A puzzle game. Interesting aesthetic. Some parts are pretty challenging to figure out. I was entertained by this. It also has a fairly creepy vibe (don't play if you're afraid of spiders...) The game got some complaints about being too short, but it's practically free here, so who cares? Still worth playing.

Just for those games, this bundle would be worth waaaaaaaay more than $6, but you get a bunch of other games too, some of which have been on my short list to buy for a while. Buy buy buy!

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

Thank you for making this thread. I sometimes forget to check the Humble Bundles and this is one I am definitely happy to buy. Nothing is over the top on my list of things but there are some cool games I have been interested in.

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.

EoFF should really start a /r/gamedeals type thread.

I want to buy it, might have to pick it up next week or so before it goes away.

Articles
    Blog Entries

As a PSA for anyone interested in these ganes, Thomas Was Alone is available/free with Playstation Plus right now and Limbo will be next month.

CTSW is a pretty cool game, also.