Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: OH GOD THE PAIN!

Blog Entries

Probably getting hit in the groin while practicing cricket in the nets a few years ago. You get hit on the body fairly often and it always leaves a painful mark for the next week, but getting hit there, my God. It was against a fairly express pace bowler who was really pushing it through, and I missed the ball completely. Bang. The only way I can describe it is if somebody stood in front of you and hit you full swing with a sledgehammer. I was completely taken out, eyes watering, winded and it took me a good few minutes to get back to my feet. My legs were like jelly for the next half hour.

I was wearing a box, but let me tell you those things do nothing. My manhood was a black and blue mangled mess for the next few days. I was thinking about going to the doctor, and then it cleared up. In all not a good experience.

there was a picture here

Blog Entries

Child birth. I was hella doped up and still felt everything. They gave me demerol (2 shots worth) before giving me the epidural & refilled the epidural bag twice.

I was still in major painn.

I don't remember, but also when I got bit on my face by the neighbor's dog. 20 internal and external stitches cuz he pretty much bit a hole on my cheek. I was only 2 though.

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    When I threw my back out. It's not as exotic or exciting as the other stories, but my God I have never felt anything like it. Whenever I dragged myself to my feet to stand up I couldn't feel or do anything for a few seconds. Couldn't even make a sound, just gasp or silently scream. I can't describe it well, but the best I can muster is that it felt like the muscles and flesh and cartilage in my back was being pulled apart from all directions. I am so glad and grateful that it healed - though my back will always be weak and ache - because I cannot imagine how awful it is for people who have to live like that permanently.
    Yeah, I had something similar. My spinal chord kind of... collapsed, and I was being held together by very strained muscles. Because that is not how you are meant to exist, my muscles were spasming every 3-8 seconds and it was just constant pain until I could get it fixed up. Never had anything quite that bad, and it doesn't necessarily sound bad, but if I could show you what my body was forced to contort into, it certainly didn't look like a pleasant experience. Glad you mended relatively well, dude.

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.

Not breaking faith today Shaibana's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Blader infection.. :l
    i had to pee 20x a day and every time at the end of the pee it would burn like hell

Steve Steve Steve Steve Iceglow's Avatar
    Blog Entries

So we want to talk about pain? Well pain and I are like old friends, I kinda get hurt (again) and simply say "Hey there old buddy, nice seeing you here again! Oh I've been good, yeah don't worry too much about me I'm sure I'll survive." So where to begin?

- Shattered upper jaw. This was a bitch, no denying it. In the space between the two upper canines my jaw was smashed in over 16 places. Picture that if you can, 16 breaks, in a space maybe an inch and a half across at most. What was worse was that in reconstructing my jaw and my bite, my dentist had to rebuild the jaw by re-breaking certain areas of the upper jaw after the healing had begun to shape my upper jaw and then had to crack my lower jaw to angle my bite so that my jaw would line up again once a denture could be made to replace my upper incisors (they weren't possible to save at all). As if the original shattering doesn't sound painful enough, the reconstruction of my jaw when it was partially healed had to be done without painkillers as I was still on extremely strong morphine based stuff that the Dentist despite being a fully qualified dental surgeon was not allowed to use stuff compatible with.

- Dental filling without painkillers. Yeah the injection of novacaine went straight through my gum and squirted down the back of my throat. With a numb throat it was hard to tell my dentist that I could feel everything. The nurse cottoned on when the Dentist was prepping the filling itself by the way my hands were death gripping the chair arms.

- Dislocated shoulder blade. Yeah, last time I ever save a psychotic 5'3" girls life when her heads about to be disconnected from the spinal column by a van wing mirror. Driver never even stopped. Thankfully I worked with the same company and so with a partial plate and full postal address was able to get the guy sacked for his terrible driving ability.

- Getting run over. This hurt a lot more than it should have. I'm no pussy but 4 months later I can barely manage my old walking paces. I can't run for toffee and need to find a way to return the strength to my ankle. It also caused my rear deltoid muscles to spasm and my arms and wrists to develop RSI as a result of the terrible posture I had to adopt for 2 months whilst healing.