Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OH GOD THE PAIN!

Default OH GOD THE PAIN!

So, in my youth, I have had my arm cut open on Barb wire, and when getting stiched shut the numbing wore off there times, so ended up getting sticked up without any numbing in effect by the end of it, as they'd already pumped a lot into my arm.

That pain was nothing to when my smurfing wisdom tooth started hurting today. So much so that my boss let me stop working, and she got me a dentist appointment set up in the afternoon when both got pulled.

Seriously, what the smurf? Why does the god damn tooth pain hurt so much! (Maybe the tooth in particular, growing in almost entirely vertical, was almost directly on a nerve, so I had been warned in particular I had a higher risk of nerve damage then most, but whatever.)

I have seriously never been in more pain then when that smurfing Wisdom Tooth started hurting today.

So, what is the most physically painful experiences you guys have ever had!

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

My teeth can get pretty bad like that too. Also ear infections. Also child birth. Child birth without an epidural. Picture like the worst rug burn you ever had and then multiply it by 100 and make it on your privates. Also labor. Labor pains only lasted a few seconds every few minutes but those few seconds were awful awful terrible.

I almost feel like Labor Pains are cheating.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

How is that cheating

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

When I smashed my face open in what I hope is one of Loony BoB's favourite stories, the anaesthetic didn't work at all so I had my face stitched shut with only slight intoxication to numb the pain. It hurt.

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Toe callus removal.

Quote Originally Posted by shion View Post
    How is that cheating
    I don't even know, but my first thought was 'Well how the smurf can anyone compete with that'.

And I never said it was cheating, just that it felt like it. ;P

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Alayna Mae (Sargatanas)

Most pain I've ever felt is also tooth-related. I had to have a few teeth removed when I got braces. They gave me enough numbing to get through the three teeth, but what they didn't factor in was the dentist managing to snap the root off one of my teeth instead of pulling it out cleaning. That meant using a lovely pointy stick to dig into my gum, retrieve the root, and then stitch my gum back up. At that stage, of course, the numbing had completely worn off. It was not a pleasant experience.

Unless you count getting my back piece. Those were a hellish three and a half hours. But I usually don't count that because it was self-inflicted. That hurt an outrageous amount though.

My future is fuelled by the fires of words, wit and companionship.

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Getting my finger closed on and resulting excruciating pain, a loss of a nail (that eventually healed and grew back), and a great loss of blood. My brother was mad at me, but I had it coming.

Actually the worse pain I've ever felt is really too horrible and embarrassing to even tell.

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

I've had a pretty bad tooth ache the past few nights. It keeps me awake and it's really annoying.

I've had a few cavities filled before & they would put a needle in my gums to help numb the pain before the filling.

That needle in the face feels better than this tooth right now. Better make an appointment.

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Gout. I can assure you that nobody wants this pain. Uric acid builds up in a joint, typically the big toe one, and when it does it hurts badly. There is no actual cure for it, and nobody is truly sure what causes it to flare up. You can take medicine to help prevent it, but once you do, you have to take meds for life or else it is just going to come back and bite you.

Thankfully, while I had nasty flareups, none of them were so terrible that I felt I had to start taking said medicine. Though, last time I had a flare up, it didn't really hurt too terribly, but lasted well over a month.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Recurring crippling endometriosis episodes which have hospitalized me on multiple occasions and include vomiting, the inability to move or stand or turn my head, deliriousness, and pain that feels like giving childbirth for 12-14 hours at a time, a kidney infection that lasted a week in which I had to visit the ER twice, and the 50 minute tattoo on the top of my left foot.

Breaking my arm wasn't so bad because once I felt it was broken, I literally just stood there holding the pieces together until surgery and it didn't hurt. Also I had gone into shock, so there's that. But the split second in which I wasn't holding it together, hoo boy, that was some terrible pain.

EoFF's Laundry Goddess ~*~Celes~*~'s Avatar
    Blog Entries

my varicose veins. I first got them when I was pregnant with Peter, and now that I'm over halfway done baking Benjamin, they're back...and much worse. It's constant pain that doesn't go away. I'm starting to worry it's a clot. I guess that's what happens when you're on your feet 40 hours/week.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

When I threw my back out. It's not as exotic or exciting as the other stories, but my God I have never felt anything like it. Whenever I dragged myself to my feet to stand up I couldn't feel or do anything for a few seconds. Couldn't even make a sound, just gasp or silently scream. I can't describe it well, but the best I can muster is that it felt like the muscles and flesh and cartilage in my back was being pulled apart from all directions. I am so glad and grateful that it healed - though my back will always be weak and ache - because I cannot imagine how awful it is for people who have to live like that permanently.

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    When I threw my back out. It's not as exotic or exciting as the other stories, but my God I have never felt anything like it. Whenever I dragged myself to my feet to stand up I couldn't feel or do anything for a few seconds. Couldn't even make a sound, just gasp or silently scream. I can't describe it well, but the best I can muster is that it felt like the muscles and flesh and cartilage in my back was being pulled apart from all directions. I am so glad and grateful that it healed - though my back will always be weak and ache - because I cannot imagine how awful it is for people who have to live like that permanently.
    I came here to say the same thing, as boring as it may sound. I've broken a toe, sprained an ankle, gotten tattoos, had my tonsils removed, had four teeth pulled not counting my wisdom teeth (two of which have been removed), and still nothing compares to this pain.

I'm not sure how to put it, but it just feels wrong, even more so than most other pain. It's a scary experience, I feel you.