Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Character Creation / Character Listing

Well, the nature of how it's written doesn't really cause any problems as far as I can see. Doesn't give me any knowledge of the area, nor does it give me a way out or to bring others here.

Originally the Idea was going to be I was from this world, simply an area outside of this continent (Same thing in that I still have no way off, no knowledge of the area, ect.) Ara is the one that said just going out worlder would be easier in this case.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Nope (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

NAME: Laurie Grey
    ORIGIN: Earth! (A very Marvel-esque version of Earth, not full of superheroes, but that kind of crazy sciencey/inventiony stuff!)

RACE: Human

JOB/ROLE: Scientist/Intern

SKILLS/POWERS/ABILITIES: Has no powers or magical thingymabobs, but she's very intelligent with an excellent scientific mind.

WEAPON(S): No weapons, usually has a few bits and bobs in her lab coat, but not really weapons.

APPEARANCE: Laurie is around 5'5. She has mid length ash blonde hair which naturally curls around the bottom. Hey eyes are a very blue/grey colour, which she lines with a thin black eyeliner and a little mascara. She also has a few freckles across her cheeks. She has a thin build. Her attire is generally very plain. Usually opting for a mid length skirt with heeled boots, or jeans and a modest peter pan collared shirt. She is always wearing her lab coat. Always.

PERSONALITY: Laurie is a quiet girl, but easy-going. She tends to be more of a listener than a talker - but she's never really had the chance to be a leader or more outgoing. She is very scientific, but not socially inept or too nerdy. She doesn't really know the kind of woman that she is, as she's always been in the background.

BACKGROUND: Since the age of 17, Laurie has worked as an intern and PA to renowned scientist, Professor Evans. He has been a very father like figure to her, and she is emotionally involved in his life - a little more than she should be. Evans developed a drug and alcohol problem when Laurie was only 18, she stuck by him, inspired by his work. She wanted to help him through his addictions, and took on more and more of his work - which he received credit for. Evans definitely saw a spark in Laurie though, and he helped her with experiments and science of her own. The two are an unconventional pair, but have been behind some of the biggest scientific breakthroughs of the decade.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Default Locke Cromwell

(If there's anything that needs changing, don't hesitate to ask. It's a pretty ambitious character, so...)

For Homeworlders...

NAME:
    Locke Cromwell

RACE
    : HumanGENDER: Male

24. Birthday (assuming we're Gregorian) is 10th June.

JOB/ROLE
    : Hunter, Explorer, Journeyman, all those buzz words

SKILLS/ABILITIES
    : Athletically fit, good hunting skills and able to hunt the fauna of Sedorra with not much difficulty. Well educated, and highly skilled with the bow. In his youth, he was also trained with guns (FF style), and carries with him two flintlock pistols, one of the only royal items he took with him when he left the Lucrecian Castle.

WEAPON(S)
    :
    As previously stated, he carries two ornate royal flintlock style pistols in two holsters on his legs, however, his main weapon is his bow, hand-carved from wood he found in the forest. He always carries a standard hunting knife, for gutting, carving, and a myriad of other uses. He also has his faithful pet dog, Foamy, which can be used to kill animals and distract any enemies Locke comes across.

APPEARANCE
    :
    I struggled with this one. You know the male human character from FFXI? You know, the one who appeared in promotional stuff? Something like him.

PERSONALITY
    : He is, above everything, just an exceptionally friendly man, with an additional sense of humour to boot and tries not to take himself too seriously. Viewing his own Royal family as unhelpful and elitist, he strives to be the opposite and tries to help whoever he comes across in his travels. However, he knows very well how to fight and to survive, and is very capable of fiercely defending himself and others. It can be said that Locke is a tad of a romantic as well, just waiting to meet the right person.

BACKGROUND:
    Locke was born as eldest son into the ruling family of Lucrecia, one of the prominent city-states of Sedorra. Throughout much of his early life, Locke was taught with a high standard of education, and learnt how literacy, numeracy, the sciences, and even the mythology surrounding magic. His early life as heir was as expected, and when his father died, he was expected to take the Royal name and rule Lucrecia.

However, Locke began to grow doubtful. During his teenage years, he began to question just how righteous the Royal family were. He started venturing at night outside the castle to see how others lived. During his education, he was told of the wonders of achievements of the Royal family, and he drank it all in. Now, however, walking about everyday Lucrecians, he began to realise just how privileged he was. These doubts turned into anger, and as he saw the lower slum sections of Lucrecia, his anger was directed towards himself. He could not handle living such an esteemed lifestyle whilst those in the slums lived in poverty. He quickly grew depressed. However, his personal butler, Cromwell Surl, aided him in this dark time. Slowly, Locke began to foster ideas of leaving Lucrecia altogether.

With Cromwell's advice and guidance, he began plans to leave the castle. Cromwell arranged for Locke a humble little house in one of the outlying villages in the farmlands outside of Lucrecia. At the age of 21, he finally left the castle in the dead of night. To Locke's family, he has been missing ever since.

As for Locke, to further remove himself from his family, he changed his surname to Cromwell, in honour of the butler who helped him so much during his years in the castle. He now lives in the farmlands, and enjoys going on hunting trips and enjoying the outside world he so dreamed to venture in whilst staring out of the castle window...

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

I was thinking of making a homeworlder, I have an idea for a character, but I'm not used to RPing so I wouldn't want to take on too much

Quote Originally Posted by NeoCracker View Post
    Well, the nature of how it's written doesn't really cause any problems as far as I can see. Doesn't give me any knowledge of the area, nor does it give me a way out or to bring others here.

Originally the Idea was going to be I was from this world, simply an area outside of this continent (Same thing in that I still have no way off, no knowledge of the area, ect.) Ara is the one that said just going out worlder would be easier in this case.
    Yep didn't think it would be damaging to the story. Still if Bob says it might be then you'd have to accept it and move on.

We have acknowledged that there may be more to the world but we aren't touching on those areas yet. That is why you are either Sedorran or offworlder.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

How much time do we have? I want to take part in this, but at this moment I am sorta busy

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The White Wizard of Fynn View Post
    How much time do we have? I want to take part in this, but at this moment I am sorta busy
    I think you might be fine, I'm sure you could drop in later on. I'm not sure how long-term this RP is going to be, but I think you'll be fine. I'd ask BoB though.

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

I didn't expect all these people who were like "I'm interested but busy D:" to want to roll multiple characters xD

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.

Banished Ace Recognized Member Agent Proto's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

NAME: Radley Leadfoot
    JOB/ROLE: Pirate
    SKILLS/ABILITIES: Extremely skilled in swordfighting. Can also navigate ships in heavy storms, though may have lost a few crewmen during his vast travels out in the Deeps.
    WEAPON(S): Radley carries a cutlass and a small crossbow on him at all times.
    APPEARANCE: Eh, too lazy to describe an appearance. He's basically a rogue pirate in appearance. Rather scruff looking with long unkept brown hair undr a bandana. This weak description holds a link to an image of what Radley should closely resemble.
    PERSONALITY: Not really much of a pirate when it comes to how he presents himself. He rarely speaks in the traditional pirate lingo that they are often known for, but he will occasionally say a "yarr" or "booty" every so often. He's rather pretty ruthless and petty. Would do whatever is necessary to get what he wants.
    BACKGROUND: Has been sailing the Deeps with his crew of fellow seamen on their rather small sized ship named "Lost Soul", often providing trouble for the islands around Sedorra. Radley doesn't really like to talk about his past, so not much is known about his past before he began sailing the Deeps.
    Last edited by Agent Proto; 05-01-2014 at 11:33 PM.

Apparently, I have been declared banished.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

The only thing I would point out is that while Ursus are very spiritual creatures, having them accurately read the future/present would be having a magical skill, which is something I don't feel would fit in with this world being completely inexperienced when it comes to harnessing magic.

However, you could do it on the same line as Native Americans, who can go on spiritual journeys without any need for magic - relying instead on natural remedies, meditation and so forth. It doesn't allow them to see the future (or present but far away occurances), but it certainly would allow them to open their minds and give them great insight.

In fact, perhaps your priestess could be leading the way towards making breakthroughs in harnessing magic in the future, perhaps through such natural remedies she eventually opens her mind to the magical realm with the guidance of an Outworlder experienced in magic?

EDIT: Of course on re-reading your entry this may be exactly what you meant.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Homeworlder
    NAME: Aziish
    JOB/ROLE: Trader/Marketer
    SKILLS/ABILITIES: He knows a bit about the city but is nobody special. He earns an average wage at his stall and rents it out at a reasonable fee to his friend, Jahred, whenever he arrives in Lucrecia.
    WEAPON(S): N/A
    APPEARANCE: Averagely build, average height, slightly sunburnt brow more often than not. Wears decent clothes as most marketers do.
    PERSONALITY: Very laid back. Enjoys living a relaxing life, but works hard when he has to. Particularly enjoys sitting on benches and watching the people of Lucrecia go about their business.
    BACKGROUND: N/A - Just a regular marketer/trader. I have no idea if I'll ever use him again.

Homeworlder
    NAME: Jahred
    RACE: Akim
    JOB/ROLE: Trader in goods and information.
    SKILLS/ABILITIES: Expert trader, novice fighter (from unwanted experience on the roads from wild animals and the odd drunk customer). Good intelligence of areas, cultures and distant cities.
    WEAPON(S): Short sword, very rarely used (generally only in the Wylds, where every man must join every fight).
    APPEARANCE: A clay skin colour and an average height.
    PERSONALITY: Curious by nature of his job and experienced at what he does, Akim has journeyed the lands as far west as Akimolm and as far east as the mountains surrounding Lake Arna. He trades information only for himself as he feels information is what keeps him ahead of most other traders and marketers, but he never pays money for information as he feels this just makes people start expecting it. Instead, he tells them stories - anything he can to keep them talking to him. He finds information is easiest obtained by friends talking about their own experiences.
    BACKGROUND: Born in Akimolm, he started making his name as a trader at a young age, working for another trader who would send him on courier-like errands and tell him stories. Enthralled by the stories and educated by those he would deliver to and from, he started trading with other tribes outside of his Oasis at the age of 17. Eventually, at 20, he would reach Lucrecia, yearning to see the place he had heard so much about. By 25, he was making regular trade with Lucrecia and Akimolm, recruiting a small ever-changing staff for the journeys. At 29, he made his first venture through the Wylds towards Lake Arna, only returning two years later after establishing a few places to trade with through there. One of few people to make regular (read: every few months) journeys through the Wylds.

Open the storythread; Bob, so I can speedrun the game.
    Last edited by Sephiroth; 04-29-2014 at 01:44 PM.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

'tis open!

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Quote Originally Posted by Jinx View Post
    So, is my current Ursus as OK character? I could always put her on the back-burner and we can discover her later? I really have another character I'd rather make my main.
    Should be fine based on your most recent post!

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

FYI, unless a GM has been in touch with you regarding something to do with your character, all the characters up to this point have been approved.