Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread: The OOC Thread

Articles
    Blog Entries

I'm sort of nervous of about moving the story on, because I wouldn't want change something too story-changing.

In my head, this is how I am foreseeing my character's (Locke) storyline. Only read the spoiler if you want to:

Locke's immediate story arc
    Basically, I want the queen dead.

So far, Kathvi and the other characters are intertwined together in that bar, or near it anyway. Either later that evening or tomorrow, I'm envisioning the Queen will give a speech of solidarity to calm the Lucrecian populace down. Locke will attend this speech, partly to hear what the hell is going on, but also to see his mother for the first time in several years since leaving the Royal Household. During this speech, the Queen is assassinated. Frankly, I don't know who yet, but the fact that the queen is killed will be enough to cause people to be highly suspicious of outsiders and anyone who looks out of place, making Lucrecia more hostile towards the outsiders (and even those who aren't but just look funny).

Locke will be highly shaken that his mother is dead, and... that's about it in terms of my formulation. But this will take up several chapters of Locke's storyline.

It has the added benefit of making Lucrecia less of a clustering point in Sedorra. I love that lots and lots of people are there, but there's still all of Sedorra left to explore and my thinking is that by killing the queen (again, I would leave who actually kills her a mystery, unless it actually was a named character), Lucrecia will be more hostile and more unsafe, and basically just to stir things up.

That's my thinking of it. If it is too story-changing, I'm happy for Locke to go with the flow, but I really think that killing the queen at her own festival will seriously spice up the story in a not unbelievable way. It merely capitalizes on the unrest already caused by Kathvi and her ice magic.

By the way, I'm on holiday in Switzerland with the boyfriend so I may not be able to post anything to the story until Monday. Sorry!

FFXIV Character

Devore Jojishi (Sargatanas)

When I said I wanted to start some drama I totally had that person dying in mind as well. I was thinking about making a new character and doing it but wasn't sure if that would mess up the GMs' over arcing story.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Alayna Mae (Sargatanas)

This is a pretty cool idea - don't know how the GMs feel about it though since I've no idea what their planned story arc is for Sedorra at the moment. Also don't know who would get to decide the true motive and/or perpetrator. Also probably the GMs. Worth thinking about though.

My future is fuelled by the fires of words, wit and companionship.

Not responsible for WWI Citizen Bleys's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Bleys Maynard (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

We don't really have a planned story arc.

EDIT: Although we've been meaning to drive a story based on disparate reactions to the existence of Outworlders, from those who view them with hostility to those who think they're gods.

Well, I've been aiming to shoehorn Desmond in as a primary villain/evil emperor character, but it's not too late to shift back to the either-redemption-story-or-tragedy idea that I had when I came up with the character initially.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Alayna Mae (Sargatanas)

Yeah I'm definitely keen for there to be an antagonist.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

For what it's worth, I am happy for people to control my characters to quite a considerable degree for the next ten or so days while I'm on vacation as I don't know if I'll have the time. Ensure you read their profiles. The one I feel has the most potential is probably the commander, so be sure to keep him from being "evil" (although I don't mind if he does things with good intentions which, unknown to him, are not so good). The other two - the soldier/guard that met shion's character and the Akim who is with shion's character - are both fair game for anything right now so I don't mind if you guys push on using them.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Not responsible for WWI Citizen Bleys's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Bleys Maynard (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Methinks, an the Queen be mark'd to die, the killer should be an outworlder. That would stir up some excellent tensions.

EDIT: I should hasten to add, any martial/military situation would make it easier to write my transition into a villain. As matters stand, I'm pushing it as far as I'm comfortable doing, and even then only by writing a bit of wrong into Des's beliefs (eg. No, he will never have claws over a foot long, that would be barking mad)
    Last edited by Citizen Bleys; 06-23-2014 at 03:04 AM.

FFXIV Character

Ok, I'll get this thing started up again later today. Those in Lucrecia, can you please make your way to King's Square by...lets say Friday if you want your character there for the main antagonists arrival.

Those not is Lucrecia, I'll read through your stories and a get you intertwined in some aspect.
    In regards to Bobs characters, I'll take control of the Commander as I have things in mind for him. The other two can be controlled by everyone whenever. Citizen Bleys, now's your chance to have a conversation with Bobs Akim and Shions outworlder.

And I'm doing my best to catch up now that work's no longer so hectic now that our Midsummer festivities are over. You guys sure have written a lot; it's been interesting reading the posts I've seen so far.
    How I met your mother, Donald Duck's parents style! Love at first temper tantrum!

Facebook | Last.fm | LiveJournal | MyAnimeList | tGAWiki

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Alayna Mae (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Jinx View Post
    I'm still waiting on Jiro and/or Alayna!
    Sorry Jinx - I just have literally no idea where to take us now that we've chatted and decided we're gonna bro it out. That's why I was waiting for some festivities. Now that there's things happening in King's Square though, should I write about us eating our food, chatting a little and then making our way to the action?

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Alayna Mae (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Jinx View Post
    Good idea! You can discuss things with Jiro and sort of write him out however. xD
    I will get onto this as soon as I finish writing this book review that's due... basically now.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Alayna Mae (Sargatanas)

Alternative plan: Use the roleplay to procrastinate the review that I still haven't finished. Posted for you Jinx dear, so reply to that whenever you feel the need.

..And now to catch up..

Or should I insulate myself and not look back...

FFXIV Character

No need to try and catch up, just a post or two about your what your character is doing and experiencing during the queens festival is fine. Your characters, or character if you choose to only use one, does not need to start in kings square but somewhere nearby would be nice.

Articles
    Blog Entries

So looking forward to what is going to happen in King's Square