Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Child of Light

I bought it on pre-sale to support them, but haven't downloaded and installed yet. Hoping the girlfriend will be into it, since it's supposed to be co-op

Quote Originally Posted by Shorty View Post
    The artwork is just smurfing brilliant. I don't know anything about the game, but I would love to play it just for the art.
    My thoughts exactly! The watercolour style is beautiful and it really gets that storybook paper feel

Local Florist Site Contributor
    Recognized Member
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mayrissa Fablestay (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Former Editor

A lot gets said about the visuals already, but the music is just as enchanting and all the characters talk to each other in rhyme.

Recognized Member
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Former Editor

Some more battle screens:

Yes that is a Hydra!

The game features traditional old school RPG elements, enemies may be resistant to types of spells - and you can customise your armour to be resistant too. Pumping on the fire res here was very needed.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Have you beaten it yet?

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Ooh, 11 hour co-op game that's quite cheap and amazing looking? Looks like I'll have to get this once we're done with Borderlands 2.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Recognized Member
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Former Editor

Quote Originally Posted by Depression Moon View Post
    Have you beaten it yet?
    Nah, I no lifed on it on release day then some IRL things got in the way and I haven't really had time to play it again. I should hopefully have some time to put into it over the next few days, though as far as I can tell I seem to be fairly near the end now.

Why is this not in the RPG forum? Isn't it an RPG?

Anyway, I just wanted to ask: Does anyone know if the Wii U version supports the ability to play solely on the Gamepad? Because that's currently what's keeping me from getting it. If I can play on just the Gamepad, I'd get the Wii U version. Otherwise, I'd pick up the Steam version. But I can't find that info anywhere.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

I'm in love with this game. There are so many little animated details in there I giggle every time I find one out. Anyone notice Rubella's dodge animation? It's the funniest. Or the crow who Caw's backwards?

The combination of flying/exploration/collecting, combat and crafting is crazy addictive. Dialogue is short and sweet so the pace is high all the time.

The battle system reminds me of FFX, and in some ways it even beats it. The fact that all status effects work on every monster including bosses is super satisfying. It makes this turn based system one of the fairest I've ever seen in a game.

I'm about to collect (SPOILER)the moon and so far this game is near perfect score in my book.

Finished it! The ending came a bit quick to my surprise. Other than that it's a fantastic RPG and probably one of my favourites of the PS3/X360 era.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Kurisu Kazama (Sargatanas)

Just literally completed this game about two minutes ago. The ending fell a little flat but I was expecting that because the story wasn't very strong, it definitely wasn't a selling point of the game. What draws you in is the amazing artwork, the solid battle system and the enchanting music. Not sure how long it took me to complete it as I've been playing it for small sessions since April, but 11 hours seems about right. Not the longest but there was no way to drag it on for any longer. Worth the £11.99!
    <a href=http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m3/Valentine-06/Signatures/fat_mooglesig2.png target=_blank>http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m...mooglesig2.png</a>

Quote Originally Posted by fat_moogle View Post
    Just literally completed this game about two minutes ago. The ending fell a little flat but I was expecting that because the story wasn't very strong, it definitely wasn't a selling point of the game. What draws you in is the amazing artwork, the solid battle system and the enchanting music. Not sure how long it took me to complete it as I've been playing it for small sessions since April, but 11 hours seems about right. Not the longest but there was no way to drag it on for any longer. Worth the £11.99!
    For me the ending just came too quick. (SPOILER) I thought after collecting the moon I'd be 1/3's of the way, but it turned out to be halfway if not even more. Other than that fantastic game though, and apart from the aforementioned gripe I didn't think the story came short at all. It's supposed to be swift as a dream and I reckon it was. If I had to guess how much time passed within the story it would probably be 1 night. It really has that bedtime story vibe to it and I like it that way.

Articles
    Blog Entries

I'm waiting for the Vita version, which is only a few days away at this point. Good to see the EoFF reaction has been more or less positive.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Kurisu Kazama (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Bolivar View Post
    I'm waiting for the Vita version, which is only a few days away at this point. Good to see the EoFF reaction has been more or less positive.
    Enjoy! This game is perfect for Vita.
    <a href=http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m3/Valentine-06/Signatures/fat_mooglesig2.png target=_blank>http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m...mooglesig2.png</a>