Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Quickly! Help decide the native races of Sedorra!

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Can there be aquatic race, similar to the Zoras, that resides within the bodies of water? There could be two kinds, freshwater Zoras and seawater Zoras. Freshwater would be the more peaceful and the seawater would be warlike.

I am just... that ace!

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Emet Squelch (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Proto View Post
    Can there be aquatic race, similar to the Zoras, that resides within the bodies of water? There could be two kinds, freshwater Zoras and seawater Zoras. Freshwater would be the more peaceful and the seawater would be warlike.
    I suggested a Naga/Mermaid race, but I am totally okay with this too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinx View Post
    Buffalo wings are the greatest smurfing new thing I've ever heard. Pee in their business, which is at work so incredibly hard, and you spelled narcissistic wrong.

Black Power Ranger is the most beautiful goddamn woman on Earth. So I've got goddamn shrapnel in my corner.

Blog Entries

Araciel suggested humans be the only indigenous race on Sedorra, but we can have two races along with humans while having humans as the indegenous, because the two races are Outworlder races who settled here x years/ages ago.

If people wanted Goblins and Orcs, I think mixing it up and having civilized Orgres. They are giant, but not too giant, their architecture can be large, imposing, and solid, and since they have lasted as long as they have since moving to Sedorra, they are plenty cultured enough to govern, run an economy, have religions, and pretty much anything humans do, but a bit larger. This size can be a chafing point if we were looking for one, since large humanoids require more food, more land, need larger armor/weapons/tools, and the like. If we were looking for a sea-focused race, these Ogres could be seafarers who run massive ships because they are always in search of sustainable supplies and do not want to use up all of Sedorra's natural resources at the human's and x's expense.

While I like Moogles, I cannot serious suggest we have 15-foot tall creatures and then 3-foot tall ones. I would look for something contrasting, but not entirely opposite to the idea of Ogre.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Madonna View Post
    While I like Moogles, I cannot serious suggest we have 15-foot tall creatures and then 3-foot tall ones. I would look for something contrasting, but not entirely opposite to the idea of Ogre.

Donkey_from_Shrek.jpg
    Buffalo wings are the greatest smurfing new thing I've ever heard. Pee in their business, which is at work so incredibly hard, and you spelled narcissistic wrong.

Black Power Ranger is the most beautiful goddamn woman on Earth. So I've got goddamn shrapnel in my corner.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Madonna View Post
    Araciel suggested humans be the only indigenous race on Sedorra, but we can have two races along with humans while having humans as the indegenous, because the two races are Outworlder races who settled here x years/ages ago.
    This could be a possibility, but not a confirmed thing... I want the appearance of Outworlders to be a huge shock to the peoples of Sedorra, as this will be something completely and 100% unheard of.

The idea of ogres is an interesting one as an alternative mountain-dwelling option to that of Dwarves. As I'd like for the two new races to be "out of the way" kind of races that are not high in population in this world, ogres could work well. The large size could mean that they are fewer in population as a direct result of their high food intake. Essentially larger races are generally fewer due to the nature of not having as much food available to feed a huge population.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

I would like a feline or canine race similar to the Kobolds and Nay-Kobolds of Suikoden, and I think the Zora type Proto suggested is also a good idea.

FFXIV Character

Viadana Solacaire (Sargatanas)

This'll be a strange suggestion, but I'm going with it anyway.

Why not a race based on bears. They could dwell in just about any area, with sizes ranging from small to giant. Larger ones being muscular, hunters/warriors or slow, pious grazers. The smaller ones might be more suited as traders, scholars, and whatnot. Versatile in looks as well as skills.

I'd prefer them over the Goblin/Orc in the same capacity since I feel those races are a tad played out. Either that or the go to Druid-style race.

Also, sorry. It seems hard for me to get out what is in my head and describe more intelligibly.
    what kind of nation should we build? a good nation? a nation of plenty? a nation of muffled joy?

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

I think the bear suggestions is actually a very good one

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I suggested the druid part of the bears. I LOVE THIS IDEA SO MUCH. You could even have forest bears and arctic bears. LIKE COME ON.

Guys, as I was telling Nico in private:

I once read a book series (The Orphan's Tales if you're curious...EXCELLENT series) and one of the races was a polar bear race. The polar bears followed a really complex religion surrounding astrology. So you could have forest/mountain bears who are druids and an arctic bear race who studied astrology and are sort of fortune tellers...really, it could just be excellent. I am so excited about this race.

Also: Centaurs.

FFXIV Character

Arianna Harkness (Sargatanas)

Second on the centaurs. That is a truly awesome idea, Jinx.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

I can get behind bears.

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Jiro View Post
    I can get behind bears.
    THAT'S FOUR (I'm counting Araciel) FOR BEARS

COME ON BEARS

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Sargatanas)

I don't like [animal]-people (I mean by name, not actually by race). Come up with a good name for these fur-skinned ogres. xD
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

We're not talking bear-ogres. Just bears. They're not bear-people. They're bears who act like people, I guess (or at least that's what I assumed).

EDIT: Oh wait, I just saw what you meant. You just don't like the term "bear-race" or whatever. I'll think of a name.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Name them Ursarians.

I am just... that ace!