Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: The Dragon's Revival: CK2 GoT House Targaryen in Robert's Rebellion (It's Over)

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I've been keeping an eye on Jarl and it looks like his last war against the Night's Watch took its toll on his numbers, but he's getting close to full strength again so I imagine it's going to happen SOON.

Also my next update just needs the picture editing done and you'll see just how many monarchs the Targaryens have done away with

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

What is the purpose of the Monarch Ruling strategy? Is it either get a simpleton on the throne or have the line of succession have to go all the way back to some random bum Crabb that causes division and strife? Or both?

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Both, but mostly the latter. Getting a useless troutlord on the Throne tends to spark rebellions anyway though, and a bad King means more potential for those under him to do stuff even if it doesn't devolve into civil war.

Also, because Targs always have claims on Westeros, it's possible that a really bad monarch would cause a faction demanding a Targ be installed as monarch instead to pop up. I'm not banking on this by any means, but if it happened it'd be pretty nice.

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Being a Compendium of the Noteworthy Houses of Westeros in the 338th Year since Aegon’s Landing at the Mouth of the Blackwater.

The House Targaryen
    "Fire and Blood"

Rhaella Targaryen.jpg

The descendants of Aegon the Conquerer and rulers of Westeros for almost three centuries, the rebellion of Robert Baratheon deposed them from both the Iron Throne and their ancestral seat of Dragonstone. Taking refuge in their sole remaining holding of Sharp Point, House Targaryen has served as mere counts to the Lords of Massey’s Hook. Their current head is Rhaella Targaryen, a lady who epitomizes all the foremost qualities which House Targaryen has long claimed. Now also Counts of Plankytown, in Dorne, the Lady Rhaella, wedded to Kennett Lannister, is known to be working hard to restore her family’s fortunes.

Issue: Prince Aelix, Prince Aegor, Princess Visenya

The House Martell
    "Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken"

Janyce Martell.jpg

Dorne, as ever, remains in the hands of the Martells. This ancient house of Rhoynar descent is currently headed by Princess Janyce, a renowned beauty who has continued the Martell line with a significant number of children. Dorne remains secure, as well as loyal to the Iron Throne due to the presence of a Dornishman upon it. The region is currently fighting against Boremund Baratheon and his effort to set himself upon the Throne. Princess Janyce is wedded to Prince Trebor of the House Jordayne.

Issue: Prince Archibald, Princess Donyse, Prince Doran, Princess Carolei, Prince Alester, Prince Beldecar.

The House Tyrell
    "Growing Strong"

Anslem Tyrell.jpg

As Dorne is held by the Martells, so The Reach continues to be ruled by House Tyrell. The current head of the House is Lord Paramount Anslem Tyrell, who is wedded to Artaria Baratheon, daughter of the late King Stannis. The fertile lands of The Reach continue to prosper under the auspices of House Tyrell, and their refusal to become involved in the current war is preserving this wealth well.

Issue: Lord Reynard, Lord Aemon.

The House Baratheon
    "Ours is the Fury"

Boremund Baratheon.jpg

Once the closest allies of House Targaryen, in AL 282 Lord Paramount Robert Baratheon began an uprising against King Aerys II, popularly known as “The Mad King”. After two years of vicious warfare in which Robert himself was slain, the King was deposed and the Targaryens stripped of almost all their titles. Stannis Baratheon, younger brother of Robert, assumed the Kingship whilst conferring their ancestral Lord Paramouncy of The Stormlands upon the youngest of the three brothers, Renly. With the turmoil in King’s Landing following Stannis’ death in AL 332 and rapid succession of monarchs, Lord Paramount Boremund, son of Renly, has commenced a war to assume the Kingship. The late Queen Jonquil Baratheon was never intended for the Throne and thus her second marriage resulted in a Prince of another house.

Issue of Boremund: Lady Shireen, Lord Renly
    Issue of Queen Jonquil: Princess Rohanne, King Alaric Allyrion

The House Allyrion
    "No Foe May Pass"

Alaric Allyrion.jpg

House Allyrion is of Dornish descent and due to usurpations and assassinations, they have come to occupy the Iron Throne. King Alaric Allyrion is a boy of eight who inherited the throne after the death of his brother, King Matthos Baratheon, who was killed by being pushed from the Red Keep and falling to the streets below. King Steffon ruled for forty-eight years; in the six years since his demise the Throne has seen fully five distinct Monarchs. The remainder of House Allyrion rules Vaith, in southern Dorne, and for this reason the Dornish have come to the aid of the Iron Throne during Boremund Baratheon’s rebellion. The stresses of rule have, it is reported, done great harm to King Alaric’s young mind. Should he also perish before an heir is born, the throne would currently pass back into the hands of the Baratheons, through his sister Princess Rohanne. Whether this would suffice to stay Lord Boremund’s wrath cannot be known.

Siblings of King Alaric: Princess Rohanne Baratheon

The House Tully
    "Family, Duty, Honor."

Barion Tully.jpg
    Franklyn Tully.jpg

Longtime rulers of The Riverlands, with their capital at Riverrun, the Tullys have managed to attain a position of even greater power in recent years. The former Lords of the Westerlands, the Lannisters, were removed from the post when Lady Paramount Sallei was murdered by unknown assailants. Her marriage vows to Lord Hoster Tully resulted in her children, and the inheritors of Casterly Rock, being Tullys themselves. Thus, currently The Westerlands are ruled by Lord Paramount Barion Tully, whist The Riverlands are ruled by his grandfather Lord Paramount Franklyn Tully. Franklyn Tully is wedded to Lady Leana Stark. Franklyn has as yet not taken a side in Boremund’s Rebellion, but Lord Paramount Barion, under his regent and grandmother Orissa Tully, has taken the side of King Alaric.

Issue of Lord Paramount Franklyn: Lord Hoster, Lady Tyta (Deceased at 22), Lady Tyiah, Lord Franklyn, Lord Jonthor
    Siblings of Lord Paramount Barion: Lady Bellena, Lady Tinessa

The House Arryn
    "As High as Honor"

Elene Arryn.jpg

House Arryn has maintained their rule on The Vale despite the murder of Lord Paramount Jasper at the age of nine, in the year AL 296. Now under the auspices of Lady Paramount Elene Arryn, married to Ser Harlen Footly, that rule seems destined to come to an end upon Lady Elene’s death. The Vale is currently participating in the war, fighting against Boremund Baratheon.

Issue: Irya Stone (Not eligible for succession), Lady Margaery Footly

The House Greyjoy
    "We Do Not Sow"

Harmund Greyjoy.jpg

The Ironborn of House Greyjoy continue to rule the Iron Islands as they have since time immemorial. Their currently leader is Lord Paramount Harmund, a man who is scorned by some Ironborn for not meeting their usual standards of brutality. Nonetheless they continue to maintain a formidable fleet of ships and are feared across the seas of the known world. Lord Harmund has not yet brought the Iron Islands into the war, and this is a cause of some concern to the Westerlands, who fear their seaside holdings may be tempting targets to the men of salt. Lord Harmund is wedded to Lady Jonella Botley.

Issue: Lord Gylbert The Laughing Kraken, Lord Fralegg

The House Stark
    "Winter is Coming"
    Benfred Stark.jpg

House Stark, scions of Brandon the Builder and the Wardens of the North, rose alongside Robert Baratheon against King Aerys. Their highly skilled and honorable leader, Lord Paramount Eddard Stark, was forced to abdicate his position in favor of his son Cellador, but permitted to live in peace in Winterfell. Cellador was murdered at the young age of 29, and succeeded by his son Lord Paramount Benfred, who is now ruler of The North at the tender age of eleven, though he is already regarded as a skilled swordsman and humble leader. Long known for their concerns about the threats beyond The Wall, House Stark has not brought The North into the war and are, instead, preparing for the inevitable invasion of the Wildlings.

Siblings of Lord Paramount Benfred: Lady Dacey, Lord Damon Stane, Lady Shyra Stane

The Wildlings
    No Words

Jarl the Handsome.jpg

There have long been reports of Wildling rulers attempting to unite the disparate, fueding tribes of the far north, but of late these attempts have succeeded in dramatic fashion. Lead first by Queen Gerra The Conquerer, then by her son King Jarl the Handsome, the Wildings of Beyond the Wall have become the Wildlings of the Wall. The Night’s Watch is crushed and the survivors, under Lord Commander Benfred Umber, take refuge in one of the abandoned castles along the Wall and attempt to harry the Wildlings whilst plotting to retake the Wall. Jarl, meanwhile, is believed to be building his strength and marshaling his forces with the aim of marching south.

Issue: Prince Dormund, Prince Cayn, Princess Pella

Articles

PRINCE ARCHIBALD FOR THE IRON THRONE

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

I only just now caught up, but this is great. You need to pick up your game, as so far all your plans have ended in tears and despair and dead bodies.

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

To be fair most of my plans have had the explicit objective of ending up with tears and despair and dead bodies.

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

I feel really bad for the Night's Watch. Maybe they should just align with the Wildlings since Westeros is full of pricks (present company excluded). Looking forward to the Dragon taming the Wildlings.

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I may or may not get another update out tonight, but I've played through the next couple and it may interest you all to know that Events Have Occurred.

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Chapter 13: Lord Boremund's War

13.1.jpg

I knew this day would come. From the north come ravens: Jarl the Handsome and his wildling host are marching on the Realm. The Starks were wise to stay out of the war down here in the south, they will need every man if they are to resist the wildlings. It seems the words of the Starks have again proven true - winter has come. King Alaric has decreed that the Iron Throne will aid the North in this war.

13.2.jpg

Lady Ravella comes to me with an intriguing proposition. She wishes to make me her Master of Whisperers. I accept this important position - all the more important because I immediately set about working in my interests. Lady Ravella is a decent enough liege, but she is known for her dishonor. Turnabout is, as they say in the Summer Isles, fair play. (They may not say that in the Summer Isles.)

13.3.jpg

I have, through telling our children the stories of our house’s glorious past, sparked a fire in young Visenya. She speaks at length about how we must reclaim our honor and power, and swears she will stop at nothing to achieve this. I am heartened by this. It falls, as it so often does, to the women to get things done.

13.4.jpg

Lady Ravella discloses that she seeks to dethrone King Alaric and force him to abdicate in favor of his sister, Rohanne. Rohanne is not only enormously more competent than her brother, she is also a Baratheon, and I do not intend to permit a Baratheon back onto the Iron Throne.

13.5.jpg

Shocking news comes from the south. A raven from my holdings in Plankytown inform me that even there, in Dorne, winter’s grasp is making life difficult. People cannot work their farms, crops are freezing, and there is less food for the livestock. Although things are not yet critical, I shudder to think of the ferocity of a winter so severe that Dorne can feel its bite.

13.6.jpg

Suddenly, I face a dilemma. Kennett has come to me and spoken of his desire to hold lands of his own. I do not know where this has come from, but I can hardly grant him Plankytown. House Targaryen does not have the lands to distribute them to others. Although he is disappointed by my decision, he seems to accept it and move on.

13.7.jpg

The Riverlands have been drawn into the war against Boremund. I hardly relish the thought of fighting for the false King Alaric, but I relish the idea of a Baratheon reclamation of the Iron Throne even less. I therefore command the troops in Sharp Point be raised, and have them placed under Kennett’s command, with instructions to fight only where we can make a difference. As Kennett is barely underway, Lord Rolland of Kingswood declares his allegiance to Boremund. Apparently the Lords of the Crownlands are loathe to support King Alaric. I pray that Lady Ravella does not make the same choice, as I will not fight for the Baratheons. Worse, Boremund would be a far more competent ruler than the current King, and will be much harder to interfere with. As they march away from the castle I get word that the Tullies of Riverrun have agreed to fight in defense of King Alaric, and their soldiers will no doubt be welcome.

13.8.jpg

As the time comes for Aelix to become a suitor, I announce that he and his sister Visenya are to be wedded. With another male heir the Targaryen line will be safe, and I am glad to be able to preserve the old traditions. Moreover, Visenya is a brilliant gem of a young lady and will be his greatest ally when he becomes ruler.

13.9.jpg

To my shock, Jarl’s army has been beaten back. A great host of Northmen assembled and met the Wildlings in battle just south of Mole’s Town, all but wiping them out. Jarl was forced to retreat with the battered remnants of his force. Whether he can hold together his Kingdom remains to be seen, but the Night’s Watch have managed to retake Mole’s Town in the chaos.

13.10.jpg

After fighting some skirmishes, Kennett sends word that he has joined with a Tully army and fought a large battle in Felwood. Although our contribution was modest, the battle was decisive. Since the Riverlanders recently joined the war the tide has turned, and Boremund’s advances have been reversed.

13.11.jpg

Suddenly, yet another threat arises: From Essos, the Free Cities of Myr and Pentos have joined forces to mount a massive slave raid upon the Crownlands. Some twenty thousand Easterners have landed at the base of Massey’s Hook, with five thousand marching north towards Sharp Point. Kennett has no way to get past them and reach my castle, and the Crown does not have the forces to repel them. I therefore have to do something I am very much reluctant to do: I must open the vaults and spend the money I have spent years amassing. I have long been planning to use mercenaries to retake the Throne. Instead I must use them to defend it. I hire the Second Sons, a band of Dornish Spearmen, and the three thousand soldiers of the Company of the Cat, the largest mercenary company I know of. I expect this will drain the three hundred gold dragons left in the treasury in just a few months, but I have little choice. I will not allow these foppish Eastern slavers to take my people!

13.12.jpg
    13.13.jpg

The battle is joined. I had hoped to have much longer for my soldiers to organize themselves and prepare, as their journeys were long. The week they did get will have to suffice. They are attacked by a larger force of Pentoshi and we lose, badly. My men just do not have the time to get organized and disposed for a fight, and Kennett’s army is trapped in the Kingswood, on the far side of Myr’s forces.

I order everyone to stand down. The mercenaries melt away, whilst my own forces try to sneak piecemeal through the Essos lines. Barely half make it back to Sharp Point, but I immediately put them to work manning the walls and have Kennett drill any man who can hold a spear whilst I have my castellan work on shoring up the walls. Fortunately, they seemed only interested in disposing of my army before it could become a threat to them - with my men disbanded they seem more interested in the rest of the region than the poor territory of Sharp Point. Perhaps Alaric will capitulate before I must face them at my own walls.

13.14.jpg
    13.15.jpg

Of course, the very day I give voice to that hope, I am brought news that around five thousand, five hundred Pentoshi soldiers are marching towards Sharp Point. They arrive and set up a siege in short order. A raven flits between their arrows shortly after the siege has begun and tells me that Lady Ravella has died of an illness - no doubt one brought on by the stresses of war and of winter. Her son Wallace Staunton is now Lord of Massey’s Hook. I have another idea and immediately pen a letter and send a raven.

13.16.jpg

The High Septon grants my request for a claim on Massey’s Hook. The letter he sends this in is not shy about sharing his real opinions of me. Presumably he wishes to warn me that I am under scrutiny even if he cannot justify rejecting my petition at this time. Perhaps the Gods have shared knowledge of my sins with him, for otherwise there is little reason for it. In any event, the granting of this claim changes everything. When the Essosi finally leave these shores, I will be able to make new, much greater efforts.

13.18.jpg

That Maester nearly got a punch for his laughter. Whilst I was touring the walls and seeking to ensure the soldiers’ morale, a volley of arrows came my way. I avoided serious injury, but one grazed my cheek and opened an ugly wound. Far worse than it looks, but Kennett insisted that I have it seen to. The pain of the treatment was worse than the injury! Fortunately, a few days later the Pentoshi lift the siege and march south. I do not know what their objectives are, but the reprieve is deeply welcomed by all.

Ah, that would be why: A huge army from the Riverlands has engaged the invasion force a way to the south. They left to fight this force. It gives me hope though, for it is a large force, and even if the Myrish win they will be much depleted. As it happens, they lose, and lose badly. Half their force is slaughtered before they manage to escape. Less fortunately for me, the Riverlanders have little time to pursue. Lord Paramount Boremund has regained much while the Iron Throne has been distracted by the Wildlings and the invasion from Essos, and these gains must be undone or he could threaten King’s Landing soon.

13.19.jpg

To my surprise, those gains are indeed undone, and very rapidly at that. Lord Boremund is defeated. After five years of war, he and Alaric have agreed to a white peace. Both sides keep what they had when the war began. Technically speaking, Boremund should not be punished, but that is a rule that rarely holds in the aftermath of such events. The Dornish had regrouped and, together with the Riverlanders, smashed a huge Baratheon army. Though he could have recuperated and continued fighting, he is also facing the host of his own sister Ravella, who has formed a large group of adventurers and sellswords in an effort to take the Stormlands for herself. Presumably he judged that he could not fight both her and the King at once

The Lysene have joined the great Slave Raid upon us, but the end of Boremund’s war has allowed Westeros’ forces to turn their attentions to this external threat. I only hope they can recover their numbers and march to the area soon, because my depleted armies can’t resist them for long.
    Last edited by Madame Adequate; 05-23-2014 at 12:54 AM.

Articles

Events Have Occurred. What rotten luck that you were the target for that.

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Chapter 14: The Dragon Ascendant

14.1.jpg
    14.2.jpg

The war is not yet won, but we have earned some peace here in Sharp Point. As both are now of age, I therefore decide it would be good for the morale of all if the wedding of Aelix and Visenya took place now. I order a wedding and feast to be prepared. In the midst of war and winter, this will be a welcome moment of levity for us all. Given that we are celebrating the close of the wars and a new marriage, I opt to spend lavishly on the affair.

The wedding is a great success, and the bedding at the end of it took place without a hitch, as far as I know. Aelix has sadly not gained many skills outside of his flair with the sword, but he is not shockingly incompetent either. With Visenya at his side, he should be okay.

14.3.jpg

Finally, after over four years of war, the great Essosi Slave Raid on Westeros has been repelled. A white peace has been signed and the Pentoshi, Myrish, and Lysene slink back home in disgrace. We have little hope of recovering those who were enslaved by them during their long raids, but I shall be sure to punish the Free Cities when I am Queen.

14.4.jpg

With the end of the war and a short period of recovery the time has come. I call my bannermen up and declare war on Lord Wallace Massey of Massey’s Hook. I could attempt to force him through intrigue, but who knows how long that might take? No, the time has come to begin demonstrating House Targaryen’s power, to remind people that we are not gone and that we will take what is ours with fire and blood.

14.5.jpg
    14.6.jpg

I am able to raise 1270 men in Sharp Point and another 1140 in Plankytown. Marching from Dorne would take them months, so I hire a sellsail fleet to perform transport duties. I know Lord Massey can muster perhaps three thousand men, so we are outnumbered, but it is a surmountable opposition with the aid of mercenaries. I hire two companies and bolster my numbers in Sharp Point to almost 2600 soldiers, which should be sufficient until the men from Plankytown arrive. I estimate that I have two possible strategies here: The first is to remain on the defensive until my reinforcements arrive and then strike back; the second is to strike now at Wallace’s soldiers before he can form a single force from his holdings. I recall the old texts which recommend striking fast and striking hard. Giving the enemy the time he needs to organize his forces is giving him an advantage.

14.8.jpg
    14.7.jpg

I order the soldiers south towards Stonedance, myself in the vanguard, Kennett leading the left flank, and a mercenary leader on the right. The mercenary leader is a curious chap, Riverlander in accent and manners, clearly Westerosi in appearance, but named of Hrazeffner, which I take to be a name from Slaver’s Bay. In any event the man has clear knowledge of his trade. I have instructed my half-brother Jacaerys to oversee the army in Plankytown and ensure their safe transit north. We shall arrive in Stonedance long before their forces can join, and we will outnumber those we find there. Unless we are particularly unlucky, we should soon rout them.

14.9.jpg

The battle is joined! To my surprise Wallace Massey is missing a flank, a bizarre oversight which I mean to take full advantage of. It does not last long thanks to this, and we kill ten times more than we lose. I had hoped for a solid showing; I had not dared to dream of such a crushing victory. Half of Lord Massey’s army is now destroyed and a third of his remaining forces are retreating in disarray.

14.10.jpg

After the battle I am brought news that King Alaric has declared a war upon the Vale, seeking to… take the province of Wickenden for Adela Waxley. What Waxley has done to win Alaric’s favor remains a mystery, but I’m nonetheless pleased as it means his attention will be directed somewhere other than his feuding vassals. It is preposterous that he would war against a Lady Paramount over such a small territory, anything less than King’s Landing, Highgarden, or Harrenhal would hardly be worth it, but if he wants to spend his treasure and blood on this venture he is free to do so. It will make my task far easier. What follows a couple of days later is a tremendous surprise and will do much more to make my task easier.

14.11.jpg

King Alaric wishes me to join his Small Council as Master of Laws. Unlike similar positions I have held before this is not only prestigious, but a tremendously powerful role. In purely legal terms I will be one of the most powerful people in the realm, although how effective that power is depends on any number of factors only some of which are within my control. I, of course, immediately accept. I have no desire to openly antagonize King Alaric currently, and if he wishes to name me Master of Laws he evidently has little issue with my assault on Lord Wallace. More importantly the position will give me tremendous opportunity within the Red Keep. Not only will I be in charge of the gaols and dungeons, but I will have great influence over the City Watch and Goldcloaks, influence on the Small Council, and possibly the ear of the King. All can be turned to my advantage.

I inform Alaric that I will gladly take the position he has offered me, and that I shall ride to King’s Landing as soon as my war is done. Turning back from that particular concern I order my men to march. We outnumber the enemy considerably and we have reinforcements coming. Better to settle this on the field than being forced into long sieges.

14.12.jpg

Just hours before we join battle, I am brought a message from Sharp Point. I worry for a moment as the messengers seems most urgent, but the news is wonderful: I have a granddaughter! Apparently the bedding ceremony went well indeed, for Visenya has had a child by Aelix, a girl whom they have named Rhaenys. I approach the battle with joy in my heart, and we again win, routing the Massey army a second time. They retreat south, towards Haystack Hall, and we again give chase. I estimate that it will not take much more to break their will and force a surrender.

14.13.jpg

It takes less than I expect. We manage, during the fight, to capture Lord Wallace himself. This solves everything. I have him brought to my command tent and accept his surrender on the spot; Kennett stood beside him and glowered in a most intimidating fashion, his hand on the pommel of his sword.

14.14.jpg

For the first time in sixty long years, House Targaryen has risen again in stature, prestige, and in power. I am now Lady Rhaella of Massey’s Hook, not merely Sharp Point. My vassals are Lord Wallace, who remains in my dungeon, and Lord Jaremy Wendwater, a personal friend who I trust greatly. I ponder the long-term fate of the area briefly, but I must wait for a higher position than this before I can distribute it.

Since the time of Aegon, the Crownlands have not had a Lord Paramount, but have answered directly to the King or Queen. I am greatly empowered by being directly beneath the King. Most of my options until now were curtailed as another Lord sat between myself and him, due to the legal considerations that position creates. As Master of Laws and Lady in my own right, the possibilities have opened up dramatically.
    Last edited by Madame Adequate; 05-23-2014 at 12:56 AM.

Articles

Looks like the tide has turned. Incidentally why don't the Targaryens still use their three headed dragon sigil? You have some bizarre checkerboard with a fish on it?

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

>Rhaella declares war on liege
    >Rhaella is offered Master of Laws position by the King

Alaric sure knows how to pick the most loyal subjects.

This is exciting. You've been plotting and scheming (and dying) for a while, but this may be a turning point in the Targaryen quest.

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    Looks like the tide has turned. Incidentally why don't the Targaryens still use their three headed dragon sigil? You have some bizarre checkerboard with a fish on it?
    Ah, the one you're seeing is the crest of your primary holding, that changes whenever your primary holding is changed. The family sigil is still the same, we just tend not to see screens where that crops up all that much.

Also you people have no idea what is coming in the next couple of updates.