Thread: Where the hell do I start?

Articles
    Blog Entries

Default Where the hell do I start?

So I've just bought XIII:LR and now that I'm in Luxerion after the prologue/tutorial, I'm now sort of left wondering... what next?

I know that it is an incredibly non-linear, open-ended sort of affair, but if I could have some guidance as to what would be good places to start for an incredibly frail Lightning, that would be good. What sort of easy side-quests are there for me to build stats on?

Be sure to get Bio, Shell and Protes and then go for Big Monsters to get fast GP so you can use Chronostasis.

Actually I can recommend everything except the Dead Dunes but if you want to be more specific some first quests in Luxerion and then the Wildlands.

disc jockey to your heart krissy's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Speend a day in luxerion
    I then went to yuusnan but it doesn't really matter, first few days are crap cause fights are harder BC of crap stats
    In terms of story completion difficulty i think yuusnn lux dd wildlands
    But the actual story set up is like the datalog shows; lux yus wildlands dd
    Which is how I did it

Side quests, just talk to people with bubble son give you the
    Don't depend on the chocobocolina walls for leveling up but its nice supplementation for all t crap you pick up sometimes

Keep the hours in mind. Just like some of the gates making areas locked at some hours, some npcws are around only when their schedule permits

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

I did the Luxerion quest before branching out elsewhere. The reward is good and the difficulty is relatively easy, although the creatures in the graveyard and the boss are tricky. Try to get some thunder magic!

I did the Wildlands first. If you get all the way to the Goddess's Temple, you get a wave of second-level spells in treasure orbs that can REALLY change the game for you that early.