Thread: The Quiet Lobster

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Winter Arcana (Sargatanas)

Cookie The Quiet Lobster

A place to come and post in character, outside of the story. Interact with your fellow RPers and be silly!

Welcome to The Quiet Lobster. As you enter you take in the smell of baking breads, boiling stews, and fresh-mulled wines and ales. You look around to see the bar to your right and tables with soft-lit candles to your left. There are booths for privacy and stools at the bar for socializing. Pull up a chair and relax.
    Last edited by Jinx; 04-29-2014 at 08:21 PM.
    mfw you post

Life got dark! Lonely Paper Star's Avatar
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Saerin Vanagloria (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Chat Operator

What makes a lobster a quiet one? Camille wondered to herself, staring at the sign above the tavern: The Quiet Lobster. It sounded like a bad joke. Or like they drew random words out of a hat.

"Stay out here, Takka," she ordered her chocobo, pointing to the stable area. He gave her a long look. "Yeah, yeah, I know you hate being treated like a horse but you're practically the same thing."

His wark that time sounded like an annoyed bark.

"Oh, you know I'm kidding," she went on more lovingly, patting his side. "But you're not allowed in. I'll be back in a bit."

After few more minutes of reassuring him, Camille entered the tavern.

--

There were people and non-people she did not recognize there, but shrugged to herself as she sat down at the bar counter. Stranger things have happened in Sedorra.

"A Doban Ale, please!" she called to the nearest bartender. Almost instantly, a mug, filled to the brim, was slid in her direction.
    Last edited by Lonely Paper Star; 05-01-2014 at 10:14 PM.

Starting on my left with one, your number comes up, you go.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

If there was one place a pirate like Radley could stay and relax, it would be at a tavern. Luckily for him, The Quiet Lobster appeared to be that very place. He wanted to sit down, relax, and maybe have a cold glass of rum or two down his dry throat. Upon entering the tavern, he took a quick look around to see that it was full of people from all over, including some from other places Radley was unaware about.

He inspected the bar and spotted a young lady sporting wavy brown hair down at the counter. He smirked and walked over to meet with the young lass. He pulled himself a seat next to her.

"That be the finest booty I've ever my laid eyes on."

I am just... that ace!

Pinkasaurus Rex Cid's Knight Pumpkin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)

Kathvi sat in her booth, trying hard to avoid listening in on the strange man hitting on the strange woman a few short feet away. She sipped her milkshake while looking at the art on the wall. Well... art. Mostly it was fish skeletons on plaques and pictures of fisherman holding fish the size of themselves. Still, she was fascinated by all of this and it was better than watching the barkeep scrub mugs. She looked down at the wooden table in the booth and noticed some initials carved in there. AL + SK it said, inside of a heart. How sweet, she thought. What are the chances they're still together?

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Winter Arcana (Sargatanas)

Sigrid walked into the bar. She couldn't believe she didn't get carded. She was only 13!
    mfw you post

Life got dark! Lonely Paper Star's Avatar
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Saerin Vanagloria (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Chat Operator

An annoyed smile tugged at Camille's lips as this--was he a pirate? She has never seen one up close--blatantly hit on her. She's been hit on a few times before, but even now, she didn't know how to react. Either way, it made her uncomfortable.

She looked around for a distraction. Her eyes landed immediately on a young girl with red curls and freckles.

"Oh, a child!" she exclaimed. "She must be lost!" Grabbing her mug, she slid off the stool and began making her way to the redhead.
    Last edited by Lonely Paper Star; 05-02-2014 at 06:04 PM.

Starting on my left with one, your number comes up, you go.

Articles
    Blog Entries

It was a tiring journey, but Locke eventually made it to Lucrecia. I need a drink. It has been many years since he left Lucrecia, and it came as no surprise to him that many of the shops and eateries he remembered have now changed.

He was walking down one of the quieter side streets of the city, to avoid the burgeoning crowd, he quickly spotted a tavern, nestled in among the traditional houses for which Lucrecia is famed for. He looked at the sign. He always judged the worth of a tavern on its sign and name. The Quiet Lobster, he thought to himself. After a moment, he entered with a smile on his face.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Alayna Mae (Sargatanas)

Cohen walked into the Quiet Lobster, tempted by the smell of freshly baked bread. He didn't realise there would be so many people scattered around the room drinking. He had never been inside a bar in his life - High Priests were not permitted to drink alcohol - and he felt like he was breaking some sort of rule by doing it now.

You have to eat though, he thought, and you're already here.

He found a table against the wall, trying to avoid the strange array of people and creatures he didn't recognise with their alcoholic beverages. He was a naturally curious person, so all of this temptation was probably bad for him.

A waitress approached his table, notepad in hand. 'What can I get you?' she asked, sounding bored.

'I'm not sure,' Cohen replied. 'All I can smell is bread - I'd love some of whatever is making that delicious scent.'

'We did just finish baking some herb bread,' she said. 'It tastes great with the ale - would you like some of that too?'

Cohen looked uncertain. He didn't want to break his vow to the order of the High Priests, but then none of them were around and he didn't see anyone who would recognise him. Surely, as a scholar, it was his duty to experience new things? he thought. His curiosity was the reason the High Priests asked him to join the university in the first place.

'Sure,' he said. 'Some ale!'

The waitress rolled her eyes at his enthusiasm and walked away. While he waited for his meal he turned his attention to the other patrons.
    Last edited by Miss Mae; 05-18-2014 at 06:32 AM.

My future is fuelled by the fires of words, wit and companionship.