Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The MMORPG Thread

I've tried so many over the last decade or more. My first one would be Ragnarok Online when it was in open beta, but the first MMO I fell in love with was FFXI and my current MMO that I'm enjoying is FFXIV.

Most notable mentions of MMOs I've really enjoyed over the years include World of Warcraft, TERA Online, Wildstar (open beta), and Myst Online: URU Live.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

Gobbledygook! Recognized Member Christmas's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Played both Guild Wars and Guild Wars 2. Too much grind and whine from players. I prefer to play alone now.

I used to play Runescape and WoW back in the day. I briefly went back to WoW a little while ago until all Blizzard's dirty laundry turned me off.

I have Elder Scrolls Online, but there's currently not enough space on my computer to play it :P I'm not big on MMOs though - I like to play alone like the misanthrope I am.

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Acula View Post
    I used to play Runescape and WoW back in the day. I briefly went back to WoW a little while ago until all Blizzard's dirty laundry turned me off.

I have Elder Scrolls Online, but there's currently not enough space on my computer to play it :P I'm not big on MMOs though - I like to play alone like the misanthrope I am.
    We have so much in common! Alone FTW

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Runescape is my only MMO game (except for Elite: Dangerous, I suppose?). I played that SO MUCH.

Fun fact: my first character was called vodkahandbag. Then I met another player called "Maste Crafter" (or something like that) who would have me log into his mining and smithing alt - "Quintonir" - to do some mining and smithing for him. I can't remember why, but after a while he let me keep Quintonir, as long as I stayed in RS1 (Oldskool RS, I think it's now called).

I ended up taking Quintonir into newly released RS2, however, so Maste Crafter hacked my account and I lost access. So I made Pure Quin14.

When I joined EoFF (for the second time lol), I was Pure Quin14 because I hoped some of my old RS2 mates would google my name and find me here. :joy:

Sweet summer child...

Ah, so THAT'S the origin of Quin!

Oh man, I really wanna play classic Runescape again. I should go do that.

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

U caught me. I was Maste Crafter.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by A Pint of Quinness View Post
    Runescape is my only MMO game (except for Elite: Dangerous, I suppose?). I played that SO MUCH.

Fun fact: my first character was called vodkahandbag. Then I met another player called "Maste Crafter" (or something like that) who would have me log into his mining and smithing alt - "Quintonir" - to do some mining and smithing for him. I can't remember why, but after a while he let me keep Quintonir, as long as I stayed in RS1 (Oldskool RS, I think it's now called).

I ended up taking Quintonir into newly released RS2, however, so Maste Crafter hacked my account and I lost access. So I made Pure Quin14.

When I joined EoFF (for the second time lol), I was Pure Quin14 because I hoped some of my old RS2 mates would google my name and find me here. :joy:

Sweet summer child...
    wow so this whole time you have been using a stolen identity