Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Aulayna View Post
    So, I was watching this:

[video]

And I only just realised today that Let It Go features a line that has the words Frozen Fractals in it. This literally makes it awesome to me. I'm sure the only other person to appreciate this will be Pike. xD
    That pleased me as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinx View Post
    Yeah, the whole "Disney is laughing in the face of their previous quick marriages trope!" is completely undermined by the fact that Kristoff and Ana fall in love in a few days time. Maybe instead of kissing her he could've asked her out on a date to show--hey! It's okay to take things one step at a time. You guys went from disliking each other, to being friends, to having a crush.
    Did they though? They just kissed. How long does someone have to know someone before they kiss? I totally kiss on a first date.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinx View Post
    Also, I know it's sisterly love verses mother-daughter love, but Disney did the "family love is true love too" much better with Brave, imo.
    Brave is a Pixar movie.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

I kiss before first date.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Quote Originally Posted by Jiro View Post
    Hardly. The concept of changing and improving a man (or woman) exists in our society and the Fixer-Upper song reinforces that. The song doesn't directly reference that, but there's a reason people complain about rape culture alongside the actual problem of rape. It perpetuates a type of thinking that is dangerous.

If Elsa's parents weren't going to put the effort in to figure out what the hell was going on, why would they let her live? Her power could grow to the point where she unintentionally blasted the entire castle and killed everyone. They had no idea what was going to happen. Sure, there wouldn't be much of a story if her parents weren't idiots, but there's a really great story in Obama launching nukes but he doesn't do it because it's stupid. Just because a story exists doesn't mean it makes sense or should exist.
    Agree

The problem with Anna is that, as soon as the castle is being opened to people again, she wants to fall in love. She falls in love with the first guy she sees. Then she falls in love with the second guy she sees... maybe. Anna doesn't directly admit to the extent of her romantic feelings toward Kristoff, but when Olaf says "omg Kristoff loves you" she goes "well great that must be true love's kiss" without actually showing a sign that she truly madly deeply loves him. Especially since she hasn't seen him since she abandoned him (okay so she was ill w/e) to go and kiss her other true love.
    Agree. It really feels like poor Kristoff is just, second prize, the sliver prize, instead of just true love.

She's just an immature little princess, and she behaves like a moron. Perhaps it is a strong word but I feel it is relevant. I don't care if she doesn't have social interactions down; if she behaves stupidly, I'll call her out on it.
    That's a bit harsh I mean Anna can't help the way that she was grown up. Her parents were not the best, because they didn't even really give her any friends to play with, take her out of the castle somedays, take Elsa out outside sometimes and let her become friends and understand her powers.

All of the main characters suffer from rocky and abusive childhoods and the movie shows that your childhoods and families can stop you from becoming a healthy, mentally healthy adult and human.

Elsa- Because of her powers she was blocked out and locked in her room, like she was a bird. She was highly traumatized and she was afraid to go near anybody or get close to anybody. Elsa was even afraid to go near her own sibling, because she was scared that she might hurt her again.

Anna- She grew up separated from her only sister and Elsa refused to answer to her door knockings, and even tell her why they couldn't hang out. I think the King wanted to keep Elsa's powers a secret, but surly you could tell your own sister ? She grew up speaking to the pictures on the walls, because she grew up with no friends, and she only grew up with her parents and the castle staff Kai and Gerda.

Hans- Please note that I don't mean to try and excuse his actions here, because attempted murder is terrible and should never be excused. However Hans grew up with a Football team of a family, 12 brothers. Those 12 brothers neglected him which is high levels of abuse, and some of them treated like he was a ghost, basically for two years straight. Anna had some feeling of idea and love, and support. Hans had trout all.

Kristoff- Basically had very little human contact, as the ice harvest guys basically kind of ignored him. They gave him attention, though they didn't really bond with him, and grew up with trolls. Kristoff uses Sven, his only friend, as a way too cope.

Basically, they are all pretty smurfed up individuals, due to awful parenting, being orphaned at a young age, and high amounts of sibling abuse.

They only thing I can't forgive is Hans' murder attempts for good reasons, even with abuse, he's a grown man, that should of known better.

People can't just be given allowances for every action they take, they have to bear some responsibility.
    Agree

PS Fairytales have always been used as a way to teach children. That's their point. I recognise that Disney can make entertainment but it is using a formula that carries connotations. Frozen is a fun movie. It has some dangerous messages, especially ones that contradict the intent. That is my point.
    Agree