Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Well, that was something else.

Banished Ace Recognized Member Agent Proto's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Default Well, that was something else.

So today, I stopped by a convenience store to get some food, and I noticed a slightly heavy presence of police. There were three police cars parked and one had double parked. Anyway, I didn't really know what was going on so I just did my business. As I was waiting in line to pay, I overheard a conversation that a cashier had with a customer. Apparently, she had just been robbed just five minutes ago before I had arrived. So, I guess the point of this was that I was five minutes late to witnessing some sort of crime. The cashier said there was no weapons involved, and the thief just forced himself to the cash register to take some money and fled. Well, I wouldn't really know what actually happened since I didn't witness it myself. I'd say this was something else out of the norm.

Have you ever came up to a similar experience?

Apparently, I have been declared banished.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I once passed a restaurant that just had a car fly face-front all the way through the exterior and into the restaurant minutes beforehand. The cops and ambulance weren't even there yet and it was weird to see.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

No not really. There were some police in a yard near here with their weapons drawn, which was concerning for me. I've never seen police with their weapons drawn before.

Also we went to Michael's a little while ago and there was security everywhere because apparently this lady kept coming in to shop lift and then she tried to kill the store manager or something. Also concerning.

Do Myself a Mischief Vermachtnis's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Ekhi Ysengrim (Brynhildr)

Well just last week, on my way home from Grocery Shopping I passed two cops going the other way and didn't think nothing of it and then a little down the road I passed another two and just went "huh" and kept going. Just a little farther down, there were three more cop cars in the street and the cops were just out in the yard. I don't know why, but knowing this place they probably just finished a Meth bust or something.

I had a dream that a car wrecked through our apartments. I woke up and learned that some idiot had crashed into the fence outside. Does that count?
    Jack: How do you know?

Will: It's more of a feeling really.

Jack: Well, that's not scientific. Feeling isn't knowing. Feeling is believing. If you believe it, you can't know because there's no knowing what you believe. Then again, no one should believe what they know either. Once you know anything that anything becomes unbelievable if only by virtue of the fact you now... know it. You know?

Will: No.

If Demolition Man were remade today

Huxley: What's wrong? You broke contact.
    Spartan: Contact? I didn't even touch you.
    Huxley: Don't you want to make love?
    Spartan: Is that what you call this? Why don't we just do it the old-fashioned way?
    Huxley: NO!
    Spartan: Whoa! Okay, calm down.
    Huxley: Don't tell me to calm down!
    Spartan: What's gotten into you? 'Cause it sure as hell wasn't me.
    Huxley: Physical relations in the way of intercourse are no longer acceptable John Spartan.
    Spartan: What? Why the hell not?
    Huxley: It's the law, John. And for your information, the very idea that you suggested it makes me feel personally violated.
    Spartan: Wait a minute... violated? Huxley what the hell are you accusing me of here?
    Huxley: You need to leave, John.
    Spartan: But Huxley.
    Huxley: Get out!
    Moments later Spartan is arrested for "violating" Huxley.

By the way, that's called satire. Get over it.

The Old Skool Warrior LocoColt04's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Crysanthe Mariveaux (Ultros)

I mean, like, I got mugged a couple years ago by three hispanic guys who came up behind me and assaulted me with a bat and then some fatass sat on me while the other two repeatedly smashed my face into the ground and kicked me in the chest and groin. Does that count?

And then some kid made the mistake of trying to mug me all by himself a few months back and I broke his face in a bunch of places and snapped his arm in a couple places and called the police and told them I just beat the smurf out of a kid. I got a concussion. He got a broken nose and broken elbow and -shattered- forearm.

RUNONSENTENCESARECOOL

Moral of the story?

If you're gonna mug someone, bring backup, and hit them from behind with a weapon.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Actually, yes, that exact thing happened to me a few years ago. And it wasn't even in the ghetto or anything!

Undecided if this is related: Yesterday, while driving to work, an ambulance almost hit me because he was running a red without his siren on. Asses.

Quote Originally Posted by LocoColt04 View Post

If you're gonna mug someone, bring backup, and hit them from behind with a weapon.

Or shoot arrows from a distance =)

I actually saw a few police around here before...one was getting into some vehicle with a lady (it was some kind of truck or something), one was out examining cars in a parking lot and there were a couple police cars in the parking lot.

I got distracted trying to see how many police cars were in the parking lot and crashed into a tree

Also, two different days there was a cop on different sides of town in the middle of the turning lane/road

It's rare to a lot of police officers around since it's a small town.

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

From time to time. I remember that both times I stayed at motels suggested by Shorty there were people being arrested. It made me very anxious about that underage drinking I was doing.

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Jiro View Post
    From time to time. I remember that both times I stayed at motels suggested by Shorty there were people being arrested. It made me very anxious about that underage drinking I was doing.
    Weren't you in LA? That's not my fault, I suggested them because they were cheap and budget-friendly!

Blog Entries

A lot of times I hear on the news about crazy things happening in the time just after I leave a place. Riots at train stations, people jumping onto train tracks that sort of thing.
    Kefka's coming, look intimidating!
    Have a nice day!!

Articles
    Blog Entries

You people lead very exciting lives.

Articles
    Blog Entries

We had an amber alert out here a while back that got the police and a helicopter flying over our house. We were even on TV. You could see our home and my dad's truck.

It turned out the kid was over at a friend's house the whole time and the mother got arrested for having a home "unsuitable for a child to live in." I never learned what happened after that.

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

Quote Originally Posted by Shorty View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiro View Post
    Weren't you in LA? That's not my fault, I suggested them because they were cheap and budget-friendly!
    No it actually added quite a bit of appreciated colour to my adventure!

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Alayna Mae (Sargatanas)

I work at a supermarket so I see shoplifting on a daily basis. 50% of the time it's hilarious and 50% of the time is terrifying, depending on who it is and how they're doing it. Makes shifts more interesting though.

My future is fuelled by the fires of words, wit and companionship.