Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678913 ... LastLast

Thread: Let's Play Chrono Trigger

Blog Entries

Take Marle, that simpleton. I do not think she has more utility, but she obviously needs more babysitting while Lucca could stay home playing with computers.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Pick Lucca, personally. I haven't played the game yet, but that bitch Marle didn't want to revive poor Freddy. She deserves to be left by herself and think about what she did!

Either that, or save two files. Run it through with Lucca, and then Marle, to see the different scenes and all that.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

I could do with both, but I'm not sure how long the upcoming area is.

So far Lucca will be coming with me it seems

Articles
    Blog Entries

I would tell you but I haven't played the game myself

Quote Originally Posted by shion View Post
    I could do with both, but I'm not sure how long the upcoming area is.

So far Lucca will be coming with me it seems
    Once you make your choice, you can go back to where the other person is waiting and switch them out until you complete the area. So if you think a big scene is coming up, you can save and then go back and switch.

You can also avoid a lot of fights if you know where to walk to avoid the triggers (though the next area is one of the more annoying areas for avoiding fights).
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

So this was an incredibly frustrating area and I did not want to do it twice, so I went with the majority vote, and brought Lucca.

Attachment 53886

So we head to the place and go through some conveyor belts and find some codes and stuff.

Attachment 53887

Attachment 53888

Those codes moved some barrels out of my path.

Attachment 53889

And then I got the main code.

Attachment 53890Attachment 53891

I have to say, this area was very frustrating, especially since I have a hard time seeing the ladders going down on my screen so I got stuck a few times. It took me much longer than I would have liked to get through here.

Attachment 53892

We activate what we need to, but of course it sets off a very noisy alarm and I need to escape.

Attachment 53893

Look at Freddy rescuing me! I was so worried he was going to die here

But he doesn't and we continue on our way until we meet a bunch of blue/grey Freddy's.

Attachment 538940147.png0148.png

This is a very touching scene where Freddy tries to talk to his friends and all they do is reject him. They tell him he is to destroy all intruders and he wonders if that was his purpose and if that's what he was built for. Then the robots start beating him up

0149.png

If I approach them, he tells me to leave them be because they are his brothers and omigosh I'm almost crying right now.

They eventually toss him aside and Lucca (and myself) is very upset. The robots say they will eliminate the intruders.

0150.png

YOU TELL THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We defeat them and find poor Freddy trashed up. Lucca worries she might not be able to fix him.

0151.png

We bring him back to the Dome and Lucca works hard trying to fix him up.

0152.png

She tells him that that is the plan, although we might not succeed.

0153.png

Marle is either dead or sleeping.

Freddy is touched and tells Lucca that no one ever asked him that before.

Thankfully, Lucca is friggin awesome and repairs Freddy

0154.png

My thoughts exactly.

Freddy tells Lucca that what he wants to do now is help us. He is just the sweetest random robot I found broken in a dome in the future ever

0155.png

I of course accept and then we head to the portal that is conveniently in an empty room that was locked and forced me to go through a dungeon. It is a tiny square area that contains nothing but the portal. What, are portals loners or something?

Then we end up in some new area!

0156.png

Am I... am I dead?

Attachment 53905

So we all tell him when we're from (not a commonly asked question)

Attachment 53906Attachment 53907

Does this mean there are other time travelers too?

Attachment 53908Attachment 53909

And apparently I can call on them whenever I want. It is a depressing place.

Attachment 53910

I want to take Freddy because I like him and he is at a lower level, and I'm thinking Marle so she can get some screen time, since I just took Lucca.

Anyways, sorry guys, I feel crummy tonight so I'm going to cut this short. It wasn't the funniest entry, but the moments with Freddy were heartbreaking and touching and I got to see a lot more of Lucca's character, which I enjoyed. I like her a lot more now. And Freddy too.

So I'll try to get some more of this done tomorrow. Tune in next time!

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Before moving forward, make a party of Crono,Marle, and Lucca and visit the room the Old Man tells you to enter for something a little more uplifting. You get new dialogue for each character you bring in there so have fun, also Don't touch the bucket...

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

O...okay

I'm also going to post the best part of taking Marle with you. Just because it's too awesome to miss completely.

Boxes of Bolts.png

Another epic face for the collection.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'm sorry guys, I feel horrible so I'm going to try to pass out and get to this tomorrow. No update for tonight

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

The End of Time music is fantastic.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Alright, so to pick up, we are at the End of Time.

0163.pngAttachment 53975

Interesting.

Attachment 53976Attachment 53977

So I decide my part will be Chrono, Marle and Freddy. So I leave Freddy aside for a minute and go explore the door behind the Old Man.

Attachment 53978

He asks me if he looks strong, and I tell him he does because... well he's a bit chubby so his self esteem isn't all that great. Might as well be nice to him.

Attachment 53979

Did not know that.

Attachment 53980

Yay, I like magic! But apparently people abused the magic so now only monsters can use it. BUT he says there are different people who can use different types and the potential is still there or something.

I like this part because as some of you know, I'm writing a book in which some people can use magic, but its based off of different elements, like in this game.

In this game, there are apparently 4 types, Light, Shadow, Water, and Fire, all of which are conveniently covered with my 4 characters.

Attachment 53981

He does have a punk hairdo. What a punk. Kids these days

Attachment 53982

Oh ponytail gal

Attachment 53983

Best character description.

Attachment 53984

I... really?

This game makes you do some odd things. So I do it and then

Attachment 53985

I'm going to start yelling MAGIC-O at people now.

In case anyone is wondering, here is the magic that Lucca and Marle gain.

Attachment 53986Attachment 53987

Then I head back and pick up Freddy and drop of Lucca and go see the big chubby blue guy again.

Attachment 53988

Attachment 53989

Attachment 53990

Oh... okay. That's something, I guess!

And here is Chrono and Freddy's stuff

Attachment 53991

Lightning strike (by light I didn't know they meant lightning)

Attachment 53992

And Freddy is kinda like a... disco ball.

With that sorted, I head to this thing called the arena of ages.

Attachment 53993

Yeah, that.

Attachment 53994

Basically its monsters vs monsters.

Attachment 53995Attachment 53996

There's a whole bunch of stuff going on here that doesn't really interest me. I might change my mind later on, but before now I just leave.

Then I head to the pillar of light that says 1000 AD.

But I don't seem to end up in my home at all.

Attachment 53997

I had no idea.

Attachment 53998

This sounds like a good place to start. Old men in caves to the west are always trustworthy.

So when I was at the end of time, there was a pillar leading like way way way way back in the past and I was curious to explore it, but I don't know if its somewhere I'll have to go later and I'll run in to stuff I'm not strong enough to fight yet, or if it's worth exploring now. Suggestions?

And that's all for now! I might actually get another update in later, but no promises. Tune in next time!

You can explore back in the prehistoric era if you want to. There's not a lot to do there at this point. There is a village, and several areas to explore. Just be careful, because one of the places has some really hard enemies in it (it also has some good chests, if you want to run in and avoid the encounters), and another is completely blocked off. The Hunting Range is a pretty great place to go if you feel like grinding, and will help you get some items later in the game.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

You could potentially go to 65 million B.C. if you want but you are on the current story path and will get their eventually. I love the nonsense of Spekkio!

Note, Spekkio does in fact change his form based on his levels and for each form upgrade he gives you new items when you beat him, so check in on him regularly. Also the Arena of Ages is actually something new introduced in the DS version, it doesn't exist in the original but it is fun anyway.

Yeah, Robo/Freddy technically can't use magic but since he is a Shadow variant, it means many of his skills count towards all four elements. So Shadow Beam is Shadow, Cure Beam is Water, and later he will learn a skill that is fire based and one that is lightning based so he's a really good character for versatility even though his magic stat is pretty low. Also, Dual/Triple Techs which utilize more than one magic are considered Shadow damage, just as magic combined with a physical attack makes the attack that element, so even without using Robo, Marle and Lucca's Dual Techs together equal shadow damage.