Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Let's Play Chrono Trigger

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Still one of my favorite moment in gaming.

You mention what happened to Janus (the purple haired boy), but you made no mention of his cat? Is Alfador ok?! We have to know!
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

I DON'T KNOW OKAY

Also, I'm going to be mass playing this tonight (probably) so stay tuned for much update!!

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I love that cat, and he's loyal too.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

So we go exploring and find out that the magic peoples are no longer magic peoples. Then this happens:

Attachment 54747

Ugh, you are just the worst

Anyways, Dalton shows up and tells me he is going to steal the Epoch

Attachment 54748

It would, Freddy. It really would.

Sadly, Dalton ignores Freddy's concerns and throws a fire ball at him. Freddy parries the fireball. Dalton then tells us to look behind us and hits us with his fireballs, exclaiming about his might.

Attachment 54749

You really are just the worst kind of person.

So we end up here

Attachment 54750

Yes Madam Ayla, that is the sky. Good job!

Attachment 54751

Apparently we are on the blackbird and our weapons and stuff have been confiscated and scattered around the ship. Because why not?

Luckily, Madam Ayla needs no weapons to kick butt!

Eventually we end up here:

Attachment 54752

Which leads to a boss fight:

Attachment 54753Attachment 54754

Attachment 54755

I... so am I

Sadly, I kill the dude anyways. Chick? I dunno

Dalton meanwhile

Attachment 54756

I hate you so much

Comes and steals our ship which will FLY FOR HIM BUT NOT FOR ME

Which of course leads to another boss fight

Attachment 54757

So I win and he dies, basically.

Attachment 54758Attachment 54759

Anyways, after Madam Ayla commenting about how Epoch has now become a bird *cough* and pressing the X button, we land safely.

Also I totally found purple cat

Attachment 54760

Then some people tell me about a guy who washed up on shore and Marle is all about rescuing some Chrono. Will it be him?!?!?!

No.

Attachment 54761

Kay.

Then he tells me about how the three old dudes were sent through different time periods thanks to Lavos

Attachment 54762

And so was he

We see that old dude 1 ended up in Medina Village (in those poor monsters houses. Imagine having a gate in your cupboard that time travelers were always just wandering through)

And crazy old dude ended up in Freddy's period.

This old dude doesn't know where he is

Attachment 54763

I dunno

And purple haired boy ends up in 600 AD and runs in to Ozzie and them.

And then as it turns out

Attachment 54764

Did not see this coming

But then... how come we saw the younger him here? The three old guys are still gone so how come his younger self is here and his older self is also here when supposedly his younger self is in Frog's time?

I DON'T UNDERSTAND SOMEONE PLEASE EXPLAIN TO ME

Attachment 54765

He's been trying to get to Lavos, basically.

Attachment 54766

Then he calls us stupid and calls Chrono stupid and picks a fight. I don't fight him because... well I just don't really want to.

Attachment 54767

But apparently he will join me sans invitation anyways! Then he says we may be able to get Chrono back.

Attachment 54768

*sigh* fiiiine.

Attachment 54769

It is absurd how late in the game I'm getting characters. Also, he's at level 37

Will I rescue Chrono?!?! Tune in next time!

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Basically, in the original timeline, Magus is killed by Lavos in the Middle Ages. The flashback he shows you is his memory of how he got flung into the past but since your party screwed with the ceremony and everyone got sent through a gate, the Magus you fought in the Middle Ages ended up back in his own time and since he already knew what happened by being their as a child, he passed himself off as a Prophet to get another shot at destroying Lavos. Also,put him in the party and let him talk to his cat for a cute Easter Egg.

You now have all the party members in the game. Also, Magus is the only optional character, if you fought him, he would be killed and it would slightly alter the ending. If you have Frog in your party when you challenge him, it's a duel with just Frog fighting him. Regardless, Magus is pretty fun and he's level 37 cause that is the level you should technically be at this point. coffee5.gif

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

I was planning to bring him to the kitty!

I know that's the level I should be, but some games have a character start at character level-1 or character level+5 or what have you. Was a bit sad this one did not . He'll probably catch up quickly though, I hope.

Also, a little birdie told me I'm about 3/4 of the way done, but I love doing Let's Play's so go here if you want to see me do another (I will anyways so you might as well enjoy it): http://home.eyesonff.com/showthread....Help-me-decide!

I'm also told there's a lot of optional and side thingies to do so after I beat the game I do plan to come back and try that stuff again at a later date, once I've had a bit of a break from the game, because that's how I play games :P

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

The timey-wimey stuff in this game is really quite simple.

So, in a previous timeline, one without Chrono et al., little Janus and the Gurus get sent into different time periods.

Janus grows up into Magus and tries to kill Lavos.

After he fights your party, he gets sucked into a portal, just like you, only instead of being sent into 65,000,000 BC like you guys, he gets sent back into 12,000 BC to a time before all that Lavos thing happened. That's why we have two Janus' here, one big, one small. This is now a seperate timeline. Your actions have changed the course of time, which is why what you saw is a bit different from what Magus remembers.

Got it?

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

I get that but if he (child he) got sent to different times along with the old men, how come the old men are gone but child he is still there? I thought it all happened at once? So if it was before child him got send to 600 AD, wouldn't it be before the other 3 got sent away?

Sorry if I'm being stupid, I'm just a bit confused

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

The Gurus didn't get sent to 600 AD, though. Melchior got sent to 1000 AD, Balthazar is in 2300 AD, and Gaspar is at the End of Time. Nobody got sent to the same time period as someone else, but it did happen at the same time.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by The White Wizard of Fynn View Post
    The Gurus didn't get sent to 600 AD, though. Melchior got sent to 1000 AD, Balthazar is in 2300 AD, and Gaspar is at the End of Time. Nobody got sent to the same time period as someone else, but it did happen at the same time.
    Right that's why I'm confused. They all got sent to different time at the same time, but the child him is still there.

Did me interfering in 600 AD prevent child him from ever going to 600 AD, which is why he's still there when the others aren't? Did I bring child him back as well?

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by shion View Post

Also, a little birdie told me I'm about 3/4 of the way done, but I love doing Let's Play's so go here if you want to see me do another (I will anyways so you might as well enjoy it): http://home.eyesonff.com/showthread....Help-me-decide!

I'm also told there's a lot of optional and side thingies to do so after I beat the game I do plan to come back and try that stuff again at a later date, once I've had a bit of a break from the game, because that's how I play games :P
    Technically everything after this point is optional. If really wanted to, you could go fight Lavos right now and get one of the often missed endings when you see guidebooks for this game. This is basically an updated version of FFVI's WoR section where you are now just tying up all the loose plot threads. With the exception of Ayla and Magus' time periods, there is a lot to do in 600 A.D., 1000 A.D., and 2300 A.D.

Now that the Epoch can fly, you can fully explore all the time periods and reach continents you couldn't before, so start exploring.

Right that's why I'm confused. They all got sent to different time at the same time, but the child him is still there.

Did me interfering in 600 AD prevent child him from ever going to 600 AD, which is why he's still there when the others aren't? Did I bring child him back as well?
    Yes and No, as I mentioned you changed history when you fought Magus in 600 A.D. he was meant to be killed by Lavos. Instead he got sent back in time to his own time period and became the Prophet. He manipulated events slightly but ultimately his fate is sealed and his child self was sent to 600 A.D. differently from his memory.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Multiple timelines :P

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Yeah, I'd heard about there being like 14 endings or something that you can get at different points in the game and someone recommended I go back after I finish it and get try for the most endings I can. Like get a guide and save before whatever triggers the ending and then continue and keep doing that to see the most endings possible.

I'm pretty sure I've missed some of them already in this playthrough so I would like to go back and see them next time

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

There's some endings that you can only get with New Game +, though.