Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Default Let's Play Chrono Trigger

Okay so I've seriously never played this game and I've heard a lot about it. So I got myself the DS version, and decided to do a Let's Play!

I was told that I should mention that I'm going in to this knowing nothing about the game. This is the only RPG I'm playing where I literally know nothing about the game. Nothing about characters, locations, story, nothing at all. So don't spoil it, or something!

*Note, I used a max monies and exp x4 code so that I can get this Let's Play done more quickly without having to spend a ton of time grinding and such.

Okay, so let's begin.

Attachment 53585

Pretty standard naming. The game is called Chrono Trigger and the guy is called Chrono. Question, is Chrono Trigger related to Chrono Cross?

So I'm sleeping and my mom decides to wake me up. Moms, amirite?

Attachment 53586

I don't know what that is.

Attachment 53587

Yes, sure. That's what happened.

Also, chat knows how UNBELIEVABLY EXCITED I AM BY THAT CAT. IT IS THE MOST ADORABLE THING EVER AND IT MEOWS AND IT FOLLOWS ME AROUND

Then my mom tells me I'm going to meet my friend, Luca or something.

Attachment 53588

I like her helmet.

Attachment 53589

CAN I BRING THE CAT?

TURNS OUT THE ANSWER IS NO, BUT THAT'S OKAY BECAUSE THERE'S ONE RACING AROUND THE PLACE WITH ALL OF THE STANDS AND TENTS AND THINGS.

I first go to Lucca's house, but she isn't there. Then I head to the place with the stuff going on. I walk around a bit and then this happens

Attachment 53590

That was not fun.

Attachment 53591

How can she not find it? It's giant and it sparkles. So I come to the rescue and get her her pendant back and she thanks me.

Attachment 53592

Sure strange girl who knocked me over and has the vision of a bat. Sure.

Attachment 53593

Gotta say, her picture looks nothing like her sprite. And she looks very angry in her picture. What is she so angry about?

So we walk around talking to people.

Attachment 53594

Ohohoho, I see what's going on here.

Then I get in to some soda drinking contest?

Attachment 53595

Shut yer face

Attachment 53596

I literally screencapped this because THE ADORABLE CAT IS FOLLOWING ME AND THAT MAKES ME SO HAPPY YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW.

Attachment 53597

Then I go dancing!

Attachment 53598

Then I fight this robot thing! The music when he talks is excellent, btw.

Attachment 53599

Oh, okay. Then she stands there and I try and walk away and she scolds me. I do like how you can walk while talking to people in this game. So I can show them how invested I am in the conversation.

Eventually I try to progress with the game but I can't. Turns out I needed to talk to some random NPC. Thanks.

Attachment 53600

Gotta say, that is pretty impressive. I go to check things out and that apparently means I'm volunteering.

Attachment 53601

And that's how Chrono dies.

jk

Afterwards, the girl who is supposedly a tomboy but has done nothing but skip, frollick, giggle, and ask for candy decided she wants to mosey over and give it a try. They also make a huge deal about how pretty she is. I get it Chrono Trigger. I could stand to lose some weight. Stahp.

Also, Chrono has some hair.

Attachment 53602

I don't think that's supposed to happen.

Attachment 53603

I'm really thinking that isn't supposed to happen. She disappears and the viewers are shoo'd off.

Attachment 53604

Apparently I volunteered to go after her bravely when I was seriously just trying to examine her pendant in case it was a key item or something. This turned in to me going after her in that weird blue hole.
    Last edited by Pumpkin; 05-01-2014 at 07:38 AM.