Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Default This is how adults act!

Were there any things you thought that basically all adults did that you find yourself not doing/enjoying as an adult?

I thought all adults drank coffee and wine and ate tiramisu. As an adult, I like none of those things and stick to chocolate milk, hot chocolate, and various other desserts.

Also writing in cursive. I never write in cursive. And when I was 4, I thought cursive was a series of e's and l's (meaning just a bunch of loops) and I thought there were no spaces in between words and I was incredibly confused as to how they know where one word ended and another began.

The only stuff I had ever seen my mother write as a child was her name, which was always this perfect cursive signature. I always thought that was how adults write things. Oh lord no. Every signature i write is essentially a load of scribbles that start with a B-shape then lengthen to the length of my name.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I actually do like writing in cursive and gardening and jogging and using a crock pot... I'll never like coffee though.

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

For some reason I thought I'd be wearing a tie.

I also thought making money would be a lot more enjoyable. Not the paying bills part. I knew that would suck. Work was seen as school for adults except you got paid to go.

I always pictured myself as Stu Pickles. While my kids were having adventures, I'd be the cool dad with the sweet outfit who made toys in the basement. Instead, i'm this version of him:

Contributions
    • Contributions to former EoFF Map

Pretty much the oppo of everything:
    No job,
    no mortgage,
    still in Uni
    No kids,
    Which means I watch cartoons because I like them,
    no serious relations,
    no marriage,
    no jackets with shoulder pads,
    sex life intact,
    lack of responsibility,
    ability to easily relocate,
    not in the same town I grew up in or the same continent or hemisphere for that matter
    no need to shower shave clean or flush the toilet unless I actually want to,
    I can have cereal and Baily's for breakfast and no one judges me except my two fighting fish but they live in vodka bottles so isn't that just calling the kettle black?

Anyways. I'm happy. Even if I am technically of the legal age.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Loadsamoney. What happened to that?
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

I thought I would be as physically strong as my dad

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

As a kid I didn't subscribe to the "throw our lives away and get married young and have lots of babies right away while we're young" thing, and I still don't now.

This is a good list. I do not do many of these things.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Shorty View Post
    As a kid I didn't subscribe to the "throw our lives away and get married young and have lots of babies right away while we're young" thing, and I still don't now.
    Agreed. I'm in my early thirties and I have never been married, never had kids and never really felt the urge for any of this until quite recently.

I spent my twenties playing music, travelling all over the world, meeting people and generally having an awesome time. Not that raising kids isn't awesome, I'm really looking forward to it. I'll hopefully be a more world-wise parent when the time comes.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Ah, it's something I've always wanted, but I always knew I wanted to get busy living before doing any of that.

Articles

Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB View Post
    Loadsamoney. What happened to that?
    I'm working on it. One day I'll be hyper rich you'll see!!

When I was a kid I assumed that all adults went to work, drunk coffee wore ties and came home. Adults weren't cool they just watched TV had a beer at the weekend and worked.

To be fair, my assumption hasn't changed much. I know I don't follow that trend, but the only thing the older women in my work talk about is the TV shows they watched and the weather. They are smurfing boring people.

Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I will forever hate coffee.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Quote Originally Posted by Jess View Post
    I will forever hate coffee.
    My god yes, it is absolutely smurfing rancid.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'm really so glad I'm not the only one who hates coffee. Whenever I tell people, they treat me like I just said I like kicking puppies and hate fun.

Blog Entries

I've never wanted to be an adult.. I mean. It's pretty contradictory to my whole "I hated my teenage years" bit, but yeah.

But the way I was raised is a lot different than most.. My dad was a truck driver- as y'all know, and my mom always worked in factories until she started driving with my dad. I had absolutely no perception of what being a truly present responsible adult looks like. Sure, there was my sister, and she was responsible, but that bitch smoked pot regularly while giving me trout about it and kind of struggled with toeing the line of being my sister and being a "parent".

I don't like coffee. Or rather- I can't drink it. Heavily caffeinated things like that make me feel sick.

I actually love being able to support myself- I loved working 75 hours a week and having money not just to pay bills, but buy "high-end" groceries and alcohol every night and still have money for shopping & to put gas in my car. Knowing that I was doing it all on my own and couldn't nobody tell me -nothin'- was the best. I wish I could get back to that mindset and work ethic. I'm working on it. It's a struggle.

But aside from that, yeah. There's nothing that I thought was cool that I don't think isn't anymore. I mean. I was excited to be able to legally drink. And legally drinking in public still makes me excited. IDK why.