Thread: Register Mario Kart 8 on Club Nintendo and receive a download code for a free game

Articles

Default Register Mario Kart 8 on Club Nintendo and receive a download code for a free game

https://www.nintendo.co.uk/Campaigns...on-879238.html

Nintendo are giving away a download code for a free game if you register Mario kart 8 on club Nintendo. Will anyone be taking advantage of this offer? Does anyone have a Wii U to take advantage of this offer?

I have heard the US also get this offer, but the pool of games is slightly more limited.

Articles
    Blog Entries

It is quite the incentive for anyone looking to jump on board with the Wii U. It'll be interesting to see if this and Smash can pull the system up out of the situation it's in.

Articles

Mario kart 8 and smash are system sellers. A new zekda game will be too. Nintendo has great franchises that people specifically buy Nintendo consoles to play, but are very lacking when It comes to releasing them. 3DS was also considered a failure at launch but now I think they are close to 50 million Units now I think

I was going to make a topic with this video, but seeing as there's already a Mario Kart 8 topic going I'll post it here. For those on the fence about this game, it's 35 minutes of information about pretty much everything the game will feature.

For me the game has gone from "I'll get it down the road" to "I MUST OWN IT NOW!!!", and the selection of free games only sweetens the deal.

US Games
    New Super Mario Bros U
    Zelda Wind Waker HD
    Wii Party U
    Pikmin 3

UK Games
    Zelda Wind Waker HD
    Super Mario Bros U
    Game & Wario
    Nintendo Land
    Pikmin 3
    Sonic Lost World
    Wii Party U
    Mario & Sonic Winter Olympics
    The Wonderful 101
    Monster Hunter 3

Monster Hunter 3 for me I think.

FFXIV Character

Viadana Solacaire (Sargatanas)

Yeah. This is definitely a must-have for the Wii U, so it'll be picked up day one for me. I'll probably end up with New SMB U since that's the only game on there that is something I don't own for the Wii U.

This game looks really exciting. The racer list is huge. Never really expected that.
    what kind of nation should we build? a good nation? a nation of plenty? a nation of muffled joy?

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shauna View Post
    Mario kart 8 and smash are system sellers. A new zekda game will be too. Nintendo has great franchises that people specifically buy Nintendo consoles to play, but are very lacking when It comes to releasing them. 3DS was also considered a failure at launch but now I think they are close to 50 million Units now I think
    I hope so, as the Wii U is a great system that deserves more support than its getting. But people thought Mario 3D World would be a system seller, too.

A part of me wishes Nintendo would take a page out of Sony's book and rely more on newer IPs to push consoles.

Articles
    Blog Entries

I don't own a Wii U, and I'm not really in the capacity to purchase a new console

A shame, because that free games list looks pretty killer.

Recognized Member Scotty_ffgamer's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Scotty Ffgamer (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I was planning on waiting to get this game for a while, but I'll probably end up getting it as soon as it comes out to take advantage of this. I wish we got the same list as UK folks, but it will be a good chance to pick up Pikmin 3.

Articles

Quote Originally Posted by Bolivar View Post
    I hope so, as the Wii U is a great system that deserves more support than its getting. But people thought Mario 3D World would be a system seller, too.
    Problem with Mario is it's basically either a yearly release or a bi-annual release not including the spin offs. Mario's are usually good, but are over saturated in the market. I wish they would take a break and not release one in 2014.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicolas View Post
    This game looks really exciting. The racer list is huge. Never really expected that.
    I'm trying to avoid information about the game before launch, but I heard about the koopalings, and baby rosalina already, but pink-gold peach is news to me. It's 6 up from Mario kart Wii which is always good.

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shauna View Post
    Mario kart 8 and smash are system sellers. A new zekda game will be too. Nintendo has great franchises that people specifically buy Nintendo consoles to play, but are very lacking when It comes to releasing them.
    I wouldn't bet on those games being system sellers any more than Mario Sunshine, Metroid Prime or Twilight Princess were on the Gamecube. Now that Nintendo lost the casual gamers that ate up the Wii I'm not sure they can get them back, so I expect a return to the days of them selling maybe 30-40 million Wii U's if they're lucky.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Quote Originally Posted by Formalhaut View Post
    I don't own a Wii U, and I'm not really in the capacity to purchase a new console

A shame, because that free games list looks pretty killer.
    I'm in the same situation as this guy.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

So I've finally started looking more into this game, and it looks fantastic! I do have to say that I'm disappointed that they seem to have ruined the battle mode from previous games. I always enjoyed going around the arenas trying to knock away people's balloons, but it looks like battle mode is done on regular race tracks now?

Articles

Yeah I've heard that too. I never really played battle mode so it's no skin off my back, but I can understand the issue people have with it. It seems like whoever was in charge of battle mode for this game had clearly never played the previous instalments to see what battle mode actually was. Another theory people have is that Nintendo Might do DLC for old battle mode tracks.

Back on topic for the free game Discussion, I have the option of 2 I would want to get from this Promotion. These are Soni:L Lost world, and Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate. I'm torn because:

A) I own monster hunter on the 3DS but the text size/poor eyesight makes it hard to read.
    B) I've heard that Sonic: Lost Worlds is pretty bad.

Anyone got any input in where I should go with this promotion?

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I had Sonic Lost Worlds for a little bit. I didn't think it was as bad as people were saying, and it was pretty fun to me. But then I played Mario 3D World and just couldn't go back to Sonic.

I'm going with Pikmin 3 since that's the only real option I have as an American. Already own the other two worthwhile games.

I'll probably grab Pikmin 3 as well, it's either that or the New Super Mario one. May as well as I was getting this game anyway.