Quote Originally Posted by MJN SEIFER View Post
To those who have said, I think that Rinoa was taking the mission seriously, it's more like they weren't taking Rinoa seriously. The whole thing was basically Rinoa coming up with an idea, which could have worked (if it had been discussed properly, the only thing wrong with it is that Edea apparently knew what the bangle was for, but there would be no way to know that), but the others, especially Quistis were basically all like "this has nothing to do with you, and you don't understand it, so shut up!"

Rinoa wasn't treating it like a game, they assumed she was, and assumed wrong. She had a genuine idea of how she could help them, that she knew was unfinished (i.e. she had no idea how she was going to get Edea to wear the bangle) so she came to the others with what she had so far, and hoped that they'd be able to come up with a complete idea of how to do it. She may even have been willing to begrudgingly accept the fact that she was not allowed to participate in the mission, and just handed the bangle to the others, and have them decide what to do with it, that way she still helps without actually being there. Had Quistis not (metaphorically) thrown it back in her face, Rinoa may never have needed to attempt it herself.
I’m pretty sure the main reason they weren’t taking Rinoa seriously was because they believed that she only came up with her plan as a way to oppose her father and his own plan. I personally believe that there have might have been some truth to this, even though she had a genuine desire to help them as well. Rinoa and her father clearly had a bad relationship. You could especially tell when Rinoa referred to him as “that man”. The others probably thought that she was acting childish.